Squad movements, summer 2019

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with Dolan to be fair. Type of player who could easily be worth something in a few years.

No-one else will want the French lads, I’d rather we just blooded our youth and pick up rough diamonds from non-league like this lad

Signing these type of players is great for the future, I will bow to you knowledge BP on this lad as he looked shocking against Stockport.

Having long term plans for development is wonderful but short term for the this season the squad seems to be bereft of quality.

having seen the home friendlies, we also seem to be short of passion, cohesiveness and desire.

Things will just get ugly very quickly and having such a negative environment will be no good for the development of these future stars.

communication from the clubs leadership is nonexistent and connections with the fans is spiralling downwards.

I hope the atmosphere and spirit is better inside the club with the players, otherwise we are well and truly futched 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

That's the one I suggested we sign from Ashton United. A long term prospect, has something of a young John Sheridan about him in his  vision and distribution. Hopefully given the confidence to display his skills (unlike against Stockort) he will be a fine asset.

A long term prospect signed on a one year deal...

Just now, BP1960 said:

Take the option then it's another 2 years..isn't that long term?

BP - I've seen it alluded to that you are having a bit of influence here.

If that's true can you hammer it home that the spine of the team is not likely to be anywhere near good enough and that we need 3 experienced, known quantities or 3 quality loanees in as soon as possible... 

Just now, HarryBosch said:

BP - I've seen it alluded to that you are having a bit of influence here.

If that's true can you hammer it home that the spine of the team is not likely to be anywhere near good enough and that we need 3 experienced, known quantities or 3 quality loanees in as soon as possible... 

If hes having influence over the absolute dross we have brought in I’d rather he just pack it in 

38 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

If hes having influence over the absolute dross we have brought in I’d rather he just pack it in 

I have never met AL or his brother, but I do have good contacts at the club and with some EPL and EFL scouts.

Apart from Dolan I've not recommended any of the current squad. 

45 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I have never met AL or his brother, but I do have good contacts at the club and with some EPL and EFL scouts.

Apart from Dolan I've not recommended any of the current squad. 

Because your knowledge of auxerre 3rd team is rubbish BP 😂

10 minutes ago, Hands on said:

So the central defender we have just signed has been training with the team and has yet to feature.  WTF is going on

He's had a bad injury (cruciate ) and isn't fit.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, Crusoe said:

1. Gary Woods (2021)

39. Gregor Zabret (season-long loan from Swansea)

2. Zak Mills (2020)

3. Alex Iacovitti (2021 plus option)

4. Sonhy Sefil (2020)

6. Jamie Stott (2020 plus option)

15. Javid Swaby-Neavin (probably 2020 plus option)

29. Tomáš Egert (2020 plus option)

34. Tom Hamer (2022)

David Wheater (2020 plus option)

7. Johan Branger-Engone (2020)

10. Mohamed Maouche (2020)

11. Gevaro Nepomuceno (2020)

13. Florian Gonzales (2020 plus option)

14. Harry Robinson (2020 plus option)

17. Christopher Missilou (2020)

18. Dylan Fage (2021)

24. Mohamad Sylla (2020)

33. Chris Eagles (2020 plus option)

Giles Coke (2020)

Callum Dolan (2020 plus option)

9. Urko Vera (2020)

16. Scott Wilson (2020)

19. Désiré Sègbè Azankpo (2020 plus option)

21. Marvin Kokos (2021 plus option)

Kielen Adams (2020 plus option)

Chris O'Grady (2020)

Here's the latest list. Sounds like we might get one more in soon (this Plymouth left back on loan). Squad numbers TBC.

44 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Here's the latest list. Sounds like we might get one more in soon (this Plymouth left back on loan). Squad numbers TBC.

Assuming that we do indeed get the left back in on loan and that O’Grady and Coke leave, that makes a squad of 26. Far less than I had imagined.

Room for a couple of decent additional loan signings before the end of August methinks. 😉

I was a big admirer of Chris Eagles when he was at Burnley, I haven’t seen him play yet this season but he seems to get a bit of stick on here already (surprise). Surely once fit and if the desire is there he should be good quality in league 2, doing a Sheridan type role in midfield for us, I.e. lost pace but not the speed of thought, I think he’ll come good once match fit.

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I was a big admirer of Chris Eagles when he was at Burnley, I haven’t seen him play yet this season but he seems to get a bit of stick on here already (surprise). Surely once fit and if the desire is there he should be good quality in league 2, doing a Sheridan type role in midfield for us, I.e. lost pace but not the speed of thought, I think he’ll come good once match fit.

Thats what we said about Baxter and some people about Giles Coke. And that's the major problem he has to overcome, his fitness. I cant get excited about Eagles until I actually see him string a run of games together, keeps fit and have an influence on the team.

It would be contrite of me if I didn’t acknowledge the signing of Wheater.  Great acquisition and well done to those involved.  

Fortuitous signing though rather than us being shrewd.  It doesn’t detract from the fact that our recruitment policy this close season has been truly shocking.  If we have the funds to entice Wheater then why haven’t we done similar in midfield and up front?   

Also agree that keeping Clarke and adding Wheater would have been immense.  Granted pace between them not great but their anticipation, positioning, leadership and steel would have instilled confidence from the back through the team.  Hopefully this Egert gets match fit quick.

Need a seasoned striker still, a LB and a creative midfielder.  Too many kids or inexperience signed to have an immediate impact that’s needed.  We all know I’m totally against Lemsagam but I’m open to be proved wrong.  Still time today to snare the likes of Lang before FGR - knows the club and some of the players and hopefully can hit the ground running.  

Sort the team ASAP for this week and sort this FLG feud before the first home game.  We may just be able to salvage the season before it’s started.

Archived