Bradford (A)

1 minute ago, peanuts said:

ask mr chuckle how his expose on the trust is coming along ? guess he still wont have published his "scoop " 

I was listening to him and that Steven guy slagging off the Trust in the beer “tent” area at the FGR game.  Their whole reason for the conversation seemed to be about how Darren had given fans the email addresses of certain club officials.  Oblivious to the fact that those are in the public domain anyway.

Good to see that he was still giving the team directions even at 3 nil down yesterday.  Perhaps he will be named as the new puppet manager when Banide walks?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I’m struggling to understand what any club officials from Latics could have done to be perceived as treating him badly seeing as he was there as a guest of Bradford?

There would probably only have been Barry there who knew Duxbury from his time at Latics and regardless of what we some may think of Bazza, I’m sure he was a fan of Dux when he played for and led by example, one of the better teams in our recent history.

He got a great reaction from Latics fans at half time so it can’t be that.  Perhaps he was just playing to the home crowd in hospitality when he said that after the game and I imagine his comments drew some applause and cheers?

Genuinely interested to know if he shared the real reason behind the dig if you can.  Cheers

He didn't say much more besides that, but it sounded like he meant it.

I wish I asked him about it now, rather than spending 20 minutes talking about Wigan away 😊 

Edited by Fanny Adams

13 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Watching Chuckle trying to instruct the team from the hoardings was of the weirdest things I’ve seen for some time. 

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I watched him do it all season last year. He must think he genuinely makes a difference.

It provides some comedy entertainment for those of us sitting at that end of the Joe Royle stand. Blessed relief when the alternative is looking at what's going on on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I’m struggling to understand what any club officials from Latics could have done to be perceived as treating him badly seeing as he was there as a guest of Bradford?

I don’t think Dux was talking about the way anyone treated him yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

There would probably only have been Barry there who knew Duxbury from his time at Latics and regardless of what we some may think of Bazza, I’m sure he was a fan of Dux when he played for and led by example, one of the better teams in our recent history.

He got a great reaction from Latics fans at half time so it can’t be that.  Perhaps he was just playing to the home crowd in hospitality when he said that after the game and I imagine his comments drew some applause and cheers?

Genuinely interested to know if he shared the real reason behind the dig if you can.  Cheers

I would assume he was talking more about when he was at Latics as a coach under Dickov.

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

I don’t think Dux was talking about the way anyone treated him yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

I would assume he was talking more about when he was at Latics as a coach under Dickov.

23 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Yeah thats my thinking, no doubt he's applied for the managers job too

Thanks.  That would make sense.  I read the original post too quickly and thought something had happened “today” but it was perfectly punctuated and I missed the comma 😊

I was genuinely interested and am glad I asked nicely but either way, apologies @Fanny Adams

I’m getting schooled today and my reading comprehension is a bit shit.  I’m probably still pissed from yesterday in fairness so I’m glad we came home by train from Leeds this morning 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

It provides some comedy entertainment for those of us sitting at that end of the Joe Royle stand. Blessed relief when the alternative is looking at what's going on on the pitch. 

I thought I saw him in the Main Stand last week, has he moved? 

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I thought I saw him in the Main Stand last week, has he moved? 

I've been on holiday so I haven't been this season yet. He has always been towards the Rocky end of the North Stand. I'll keep an eye out on Tuesday. Maybe AL is moving him closer to him as a bodyguard. 

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

I've joined the realistic Oldham Athletic fans group on Facebook, I can inform you all they are NOT realistic, deluded very much so. They should change their name.

This kind of shit is posted on a daily basis. Anybody who dares to criticise the owner is banned and has all their posts deleted.

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This kind of shit is posted on a daily basis. Anybody who dares to criticise the owner is banned and has all their posts deleted.

Come on that post on facebook was written in sarcasm ie tongue in cheek.. Everyone is feeling down regards our club , not just those on this OWTB

Edited by Frankies6

6 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Are you sure? certainly reads as sarcasm.. 

Somebody commented saying something along the lines of it being a load of tosh and we will struggle like Wrexham to ever get back into the league structure if we’re relegated, the OP responded that we should count our blessings because Bury FC might not exist very soon. He seemed very serious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

You clearly haven’t spent much time on that group 

Im not taking any sides in terms of which group to align myself to and which one not too

I have my thoughts and im as angry as the majority of fans as to where our club is headed.. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Somebody commented saying something along the lines of it being a load of tosh and we will struggle like Wrexham to ever get back into the league structure if we’re relegated, the OP responded that we should count our blessings because Bury FC might not exist very soon. He seemed very serious.

Fair enough.. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

This is a poor poor side but so are most in this division. Seriously,  get Wheater back with Egert, Hamer, or a n other, an  experienced midfield Marshal and Leon Clarke up top and we’d be mid table in no time.

Whether these idiots can see what we need or more importantly are all that bothered about our league position God only knows!!

I would imagine there's not enough left in the budget for the players required. It's been frittered away on a large squad of below average, light weight players. Wheater is the only decent signing.

19 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Check his record....even at 35 at this level Clarke would score a bagful

Why would Leon Clarke leave Sheffield Utd. I know they want him out, but he's 35, still under contract, and earning (I should think) very decent money. No chance he would come here.

18 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

AL needs to sign 3/4 good loan signings tommorw or Tuesday if he doesn't well dont want to think about it

That would be great,but good loan signings will already have been signed up.Put that with the fact that our reputation with other clubs is dire, if they are young players clubs like them to be placed in a stable coaching environment and will not see putting them into  League 2 relegation battle as good fot their development. Best we can hope for is more from ALs little black book.

Probably the only way to get AL and ML out is to make them lose face in front of other owners and directors. I don't know if he was there or not yesterday, but the chants are starting. If it's kept up and very loud he won't like it one bit.

Lemsagen, Lemsagen get out of our club, Lemsagen get out of our club...…….Or Abdallah Lemsagen get out of our club, get out of our club, Abdallah Lemsagen get out of our club

1 hour ago, Oldham82 said:

AL needs to sign 3/4 good loan signings tommorw or Tuesday if he doesn't well dont want to think about it

Its pie in the sky, not one player with any sort of reputation to keep will sign for us now, our fate is sealed now and I would be shocked if we manage to bring anyone in to improve us on the back of being bottom of the football league, players like Leon Clarke will be inundated with offers from teams in Leagues above us, when you leave your transfer business this late it's a risk you take and for the vast majority of players I would suggest we are not worth the trouble and that's before you factor in the interference and shitshow in the background.