Bradford (A)

2 hours ago, rosa said:

Wow. 

Fage looked good. Mills looked OK. 

No point having a go at the players. Theyre playing to their full potential. Unfortunately their full potential is shit. Heard someone on the train to Bradford saying they thought Sefil was improving and will be a decent player - I wish I saw that. I'm seeing the worst defence I've ever seen. I'm seeing Harrogate away. I've just seen a Bradford team, who weren't all that (Donaldson and their number 7 aside), beat the shit out of us. It could have been 6-0.

More gin everyone? 

I have to agree apart from the mills looked OK, and our later train is delayed the bastards. 

This is a poor poor side but so are most in this division. Seriously,  get Wheater back with Egert, Hamer, or a n other, an  experienced midfield Marshal and Leon Clarke up top and we’d be mid table in no time.

Whether these idiots can see what we need or more importantly are all that bothered about our league position God only knows!!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

This is a poor poor side but so are most in this division. Seriously,  get Wheater back with Egert, Hamer, or a n other, an  experienced midfield Marshal and Leon Clarke up top and we’d be mid table in no time.

Whether these idiots can see what we need or more importantly are all that bothered about our league position God only knows!!

How is Egert the saviour, who is Marshal and in what world would Clarke come here? 

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Leon Clarke up top and we’d be mid table in no time.

Five matches, twelve years ago and yet somebody mentions his name here every week. 

It's like the mate who every time they have a pint and a half tells you the same story about the girl they pulled in a club when they were 17.   

So many more fish in the sea. 

I'd rather see Lang back. 

36 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I have to agree apart from the mills looked OK, and our later train is delayed the bastards. 

Come the wetherspoons. There's no other way to cope with this situation. 

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

In normal circumstances, I`d tend to agree with the point you make.

However, you have to start to seriously doubt as to whether there is actually a "team ethic" anymore. If the basics of team building, support, camaraderie, fight, pride, leadership etc. are not present, it doesn't really matter who you have; you are destined for failure.

Prime example - look at the Latics "team" that was far too good to be relegated under Richie Wellens. Some good players - nil team ethic (and let's not debate the reasons for that again!).

• Like 2

Just now, wiseowl said:

In normal circumstances, I`d tend to agree with the point you make.

However, you have to start to seriously doubt as to whether there is actually a "team ethic" anymore. If the basics of team building, support, camaraderie, fight, pride, leadership etc. are not present, it doesn't really matter who you have; you are destined for failure.

Prime example - look at the Latics "team" that was far too good to be relegated under Richie Wellens. Some good players - nil team ethic (and let's not debate the reasons for that again!).

Another massive problem is losing becomes a habit, you go behind, heads drop, where are the goals coming from. Were fucked!

Just now, latics22 said:

Another massive problem is losing becomes a habit, you go behind, heads drop, where are the goals coming from. Were fucked!

Correct - and we have no "leader" to re-group the troops, motivate them and fight back.

2 minutes ago, hinchy said:

3 games in to a season with the window still open ain’t the time to panic. If we are rock bottom after 7-8 games maybe.

Window doesn't close until September 2, be surprised if anyone of those playing today are first choicers by then.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Sounds like everything will be fine as soon as Wheater starts playing.

And Egert.  No one's seen him play for us yet, he's played 8 games in two years, but he's the answer too...

Has Zac Clough arrived yet or is he stuck in a taxi with Leon Clarke :laught30:

No goals in that team, powder puff midfield who cant dominate a game despite having two holding midfielders and a defence that's made of biscuits.

Let's face it the recruitment has been a joke and one of the only decent signings is stopping Hamer from developing and keeping him on the bench, there is little point blaming the coaching team because they are just the pupoets in this whole farce and they are working under near impossible conditions.

• Like 1