Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

3 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Chances of a win against a team that can score goals when we can't.  That is a difficult one!

Might as well sack Dino now rather than wait if that is what they intend.

Offer Shez the right money, probably paid in advance, and he will come but without additions to the squad the struggle will go on.

Don’t want Shez back. That ship has well and truly sailed.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Don’t want Shez back. That ship has well and truly sailed.

Yes, we all need to move on with that one

Maybe we could heal the past rifts and division by asking Wellens to come back? :shifty:

4 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The moment it becomes more beneficial to replace Dino with someone better then I'd be all for it, but barring a disastrous run of form I don't see that being until the end of the season. 

In what way is this not a disastrous run of form? 

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

In what way is this not a disastrous run of form? 

2 points from 5 games is a bad run of form.  But disastrous?  Sacking every manager who has that run of form would be bonkers.  In fact it's part of the reason we are where we are now.

Overall Dino's record is W5 D6 L7.  It's not great but in this league it won't have you in serious danger of relegation.  Even after 2 points from 5 games we are still 9 points clear of the drop.

What was disastrous was our recruitment strategy at the start of the season.  Since then we've been picking up the pieces and it's why expectations are so low for this season.

19 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

2 points from 5 games is a bad run of form.  But disastrous?  Sacking every manager who has that run of form would be bonkers.  In fact it's part of the reason we are where we are now.

Overall Dino's record is W5 D6 L7.  It's not great but in this league it won't have you in serious danger of relegation.  Even after 2 points from 5 games we are still 9 points clear of the drop.

What was disastrous was our recruitment strategy at the start of the season.  Since then we've been picking up the pieces and it's why expectations are so low for this season.

Spot on! 👍

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What a time to be alive...

Don't disagree, but that's the shit hand we've been dealt.  Until the end of the season, or longer if AL & Mo are in charge, it's damage limitation.

Dino's record shows that he'll probably keep us up, as said before I have doubts that he'll be the right manager beyond that but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.  I'd certainly trust Dino with his chosen squad over more turnover and changes by bad decision makers.

Cant we just have a 

Mohammed Lemsagam - Departure Watch 

Or alternatively a

Barry Shitpeas Owen - Departure Watch

thread because that's were your real issues lie. I'm bored of arguing the pros and cons of various managers and players when the problems lie closer to home and wont go away regardless of whose name is over the managers door.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Cant we just have a 

Or alternatively a

thread because that's were your real issues lie. I'm bored of arguing the pros and cons of various managers and players when the problems lie closer to home and wont go away regardless of whose name is over the managers door.

Somehow I think both may be a bit one-sided threads..... 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Cant we just have a 

Or alternatively a

11 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Somehow I think both may be a bit one-sided threads..... 

Maybe we could have a Lemsagam Issues thread!

14 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Not sure if this has any credibility, but I certainly hope so 

Not winning at his former club could be his undoing, another draw today wasn't enough either but more worrying has to be another mauling from next weeks hosts :hanged:

On 1/16/2020 at 11:45 AM, yarddog73 said:

Cant we just have a 

Or alternatively a

Bored enough to tell us you’re bored. 

2 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Not sure if this has any credibility, but I certainly hope so 

https://twitter.com/MikeMinay/status/1218653328894238721?s=20

Maybe not yet, but this feels like it's starting to become when rather than if in the not-too-distant future.

Anyone convinced that it would be a change for the better this time around?  

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Maybe not yet, but this feels like it's starting to become when rather than if in the not-too-distant future.

I'm desperately close to being convinced that dino isn't the right man for the job......

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

What would be a change for the better? Just anybody else?

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What would be a change for the better? Just anybody else?

That's my point.

A lot of people thought that changing Frankie Bunn was a change for the better, his league record was as average as you could get (W8 D8 L8).  Less than 13 months and 4 managers later it's hard to argue that we did better for the change in anything other than in the very short term.

I have reservations about Dino's potential to improve, I have even stronger feelings that the next manager will make us worse.  The last 2 years have proven that it really can get worse.

Archived