Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

That was a shocking listen yesterday on GMR. Sounded like we had one chance (Mills) and a nailed in goal for most strikers, but Segbe couldnt control the ball. Also sounded like Wheater was MOM and Zeus's run of form is well and truly over.

Wheater was MOM in the first half but second half he did what he has done a lot recently and helped give away the decisive 2nd goal

18 hours ago, JTM said:

People clamouring for Sheridan back after his showing at Chesterfield are just as deluded as big Deluded Dino in my opinion. 

It's a fair comment. I love Shez as much as anyone but a manager and owner have to have a good synergy in order to be successful. He and Corney had it, there was no denying that. But there were nothing but issues when Abdallah started to have his influence. It was never going to last and the abomination at Rotherham was the result. Two years further down the path with the mess we're in is not going to result any anything different.

Personally, The PT instructor that we have as a manager is shit. But I cannot see anyone else coming in and working well with the hierarchy. We'll scrape another handful of wins and draws between now and the end of the season, when we happen across a team or two who are surprisingly shitter than we are on the day. Finish roughly where we are now and bin him off for a fresh start in June. Rinse and repeat next season.

I love shez,  but  his time here maybe done! More so under these conditions! I think if we were competitive and dropping he may be right. But not now, dino is all talk and shite. But hopefully he will do for  now! Hopefully we stay up! and even AL can see the errors or we get a new owner. But currently not a shez situation.

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Personally, The PT instructor that we have as a manager is shit. But I cannot see anyone else coming in and working well with the hierarchy

Think you are absolutely spot on there, Frankly.

12 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Dino is now blaming having to bring new players into the team. Granted none of them are world class but they have all been part of his squad and should be capable of absorbing his methods and tactics. The fact is his tactics and methods are not up to the job even if he is allowed to bring his own players in.

Having said that he is the regimes choice and until they go I dont want another manager there is no point.

Even the commentators on GMR were baffled by Dino's tactics,  or lack of them. 

They couldn't believe we're were dragging everybody back into our own area for corners & free-kicks when we were 2 down with 10 min left.

Something Dino's been doing all season.

37 minutes ago, losesome said:

Even the commentators on GMR were baffled by Dino's tactics,  or lack of them. 

They couldn't believe we're were dragging everybody back into our own area for corners & free-kicks when we were 2 down with 10 min left.

Something Dino's been doing all season.

He said himself he isn't tactically astute! Which I can live with if he delivers what he said,was true attacking football winning above a draw or losing.  What as oldham fans we were once used too!

Even Roy is getting disheartened, and said how bad it was even though it might get him into trouble. The other lad commentating said how difficult it was to sound upbeat on such a poor performance.

3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Still hanging on in there but lose at his former club Tuesday night and it might be curtains for old Big arms 

A defeat on Tuesday would be pretty damning, but I'm still struggling to see who the owners could bring in to make things significantly better than Dino's making them.

8 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

A defeat on Tuesday would be pretty damning, but I'm still struggling to see who the owners could bring in to make things significantly better than Dino's making them.

We can't lose on Tuesday evening...........period!

If we do, he deserves sacking

Just now, latics22 said:

As shit as it is, I draw against macc wasnt a terrible result. Give them thier missing points and they are abibe us and we took a point. Sadly that's the reality, our glory days dont mean shitm were scrapping for survival and every point counts.

Admittedly it hurts but you're on the money

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

As shit as it is, I draw against macc wasnt a terrible result. Give them thier missing points and they are abibe us and we took a point. Sadly that's the reality, our glory days dont mean shitm were scrapping for survival and every point counts.

Top result!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Dino doesn’t have a clue, he can manage the owners but he’s extremely poor tactically. 

Probably better than the other way round. Having a tactical genius who couldn't deal with the dangerous brothers and their sidekick would be pretty pointless

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

i think anything other than 3 points at Stevenage is acceptable for Dino, a worrying stat for me out of 4 games 1 point , 1 out of a possible 12.. Relegation form..

......and all utterly irrelevant.

By and large, you'd have the same stats for any manager/head coach that was in place.

Dino may well have a splinter in his eye - the regime has the contents of Austin's timber yard sticking out of theirs

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

i think anything other than 3 points at Stevenage is acceptable for Dino, a worrying stat for me out of 4 games 1 point , 1 out of a possible 12.. Relegation form..

There's lies, damn lies, and statistics. 

You can pick out any four game spell and make conclusions from them, but they aren't particularly relevant.  1 defeat in 8 after the Morecambe win is a marginally better run to judge, but it still doesn't tell the whole story.  The 5 wins, 5 draws and 7 defeats is not great form at all, but it's not relegation form either.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Folk really need to stop referring to a team that doesn't win many matches not winning a match as unacceptable...

Agree.  People who are "happy with a point" at Macc aren't saying that all is right with the world, it's more that they realise just what a dark place the club is in and that the short term expectations have to be lower because of how badly we're being run. 

The dangerous thing is to let those low expectations remain if we do climb away from the relegation dogfight this season, because being in the bottom third of this division is not a place that this club and everyone who cares for it should put up with.

49 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

There's lies, damn lies, and statistics. 

You can pick out any four game spell and make conclusions from them, but they aren't particularly relevant.  1 defeat in 8 after the Morecambe win is a marginally better run to judge, but it still doesn't tell the whole story.  The 5 wins, 5 draws and 7 defeats is not great form at all, but it's not relegation form either.

Agree.  People who are "happy with a point" at Macc aren't saying that all is right with the world, it's more that they realise just what a dark place the club is in and that the short term expectations have to be lower because of how badly we're being run. 

The dangerous thing is to let those low expectations remain if we do climb away from the relegation dogfight this season, because being in the bottom third of this division is not a place that this club and everyone who cares for it should put up with.

Bang on 👌

Archived