Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well Wellens lasted about 9 months? so about then.

Interesting listening to a snippet of his interview when asked about January he said that we mustn't get distracted by January and must focus on results do we read anything into that?

He also said the chairman has been very good in backing him regarding transfers. That could be the players he has already brought in, not the January window.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

6 points from 9 league games under Banide would suggest that we weren’t producing all that much decent stuff.

Things were improving under Banide, whilst he might not be a decent manager that doesn't take away from the fact he was shafted, he was never given a fair go at it. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

At what point does the current incumbent become the longest serving manager under the Slag Brothers? 

Some way to go if you take it in terms of competitive games:

Wellens 43
Sep 17-May 18

Bunn 31
Jul 18-Dec 18

Shez 30 (I think)
Jan 17-Sep 17

Maamria 19
Sep 19-present

Wild 17
Dec 18-Feb 19
Mar 19-May 19

Banide 11
Jul 19-Sep 19

Scholes 7
Feb-Mar 19

8 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Some way to go if you take it in terms of competitive games:

Wellens 43
Sep 17-May 18

Bunn 31
Jul 18-Dec 18

Shez 30 (I think)
Jan 17-Sep 17

Maamria 19
Sep 19-present

Wild 17
Dec 18-Feb 19
Mar 19-May 19

Banide 11
Jul 19-Sep 19

Scholes 7
Feb-Mar 19

What odds on reaching No. 1 I wonder...

16 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

6 points from 9 league games under Banide would suggest that we weren’t producing all that much decent stuff.

Banide was a good coach and training session were enjoyed by the players. I feel the players were just responding to him, and beginning to play for him.

Now training is just hard work, sometimes 2 hours heavy training. That combined with a heavy program of matches. The present manager has, unwisely IMO, made it clear to the squad, that he feels most are not good enough and he only fancies 4or5.

The result is the last match,  No effort. Hardly any tackles. I felt players just did not want to play. 

12 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Banide was a good coach and training session were enjoyed by the players. I feel the players were just responding to him, and beginning to play for him.

Now training is just hard work, sometimes 2 hours heavy training. That combined with a heavy program of matches. The present manager has, unwisely IMO, made it clear to the squad, that he feels most are not good enough and he only fancies 4or5.

The result is the last match,  No effort. Hardly any tackles. I felt players just did not want to play. 

I’ve never really understood the idea that players sulk and then lack effort when a manager criticises them. We are now in a transfer window and you would think that some of those players would now want to get out and move to another club, but by not trying they aren’t exactly putting themselves in the shop window are they?

If supporters can see a lack of effort then surely managers, coaches and scouts from other clubs can. Why would they want a player like that?

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

I’ve never really understood the idea that players sulk and then lack effort when a manager criticises them. We are now in a transfer window and you would think that some of those players would now want to get out and move to another club, but by not trying they aren’t exactly putting themselves in the shop window are they?

If supporters can see a lack of effort then surely managers, coaches and scouts from other clubs can. Why would they want a player like that?

This, I think it’s fair to say that most of our players don’t really care about our club but as so called professionals should be taking on board criticism and trying to improve for themselves . I would in their position be doing all I could to improve my craft, fitness levels and my attitude to the game. 

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Professional players won’t “sulk” (or most don’t), but would you actually notice someone setting off slightly slower to chase a ball or catch up with play. Getting there half a yard slower means you don’t get the ball.

The match on Weds was like that. No huge mistakes, just beaten to every ball and hardly any tackles. 

In fact with this manager you would get called out for making a mistake while trying something special, so they just stop trying and just pass back safely.

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

i do know that the stevenage fans commented that players in the club were complaining that the training seesions were gruelling under Dino, and to be honest ive no issue with thst IF the players fitness is poor.. Under Benide we struggled to see games out   fitness did used to drop of at around the hour mark..Dino has come in and got us to a point were we are seeing games out and Fitness looks alot better, i guess its just finding a balance but Dino and team will know that better than us.. 

3 hours ago, True Tic said:

This, I think it’s fair to say that most of our players don’t really care about our club but as so called professionals should be taking on board criticism and trying to improve for themselves . I would in their position be doing all I could to improve my craft, fitness levels and my attitude to the game. 

i dont agree fully that the players dont care about our, more so fans dont care as much for the club as they used to...Reorts coming out of the club suggest that isnt the case.

29 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

i dont agree fully that the players dont care about our, more so fans dont care as much for the club as they used to...Reorts coming out of the club suggest that isnt the case.

Grab a pie quck Barry. I think your blood sugars are low. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And both of the teams below us who are playing are on course to pick up points.  Here's a straw clutcher; Soares got straight red for Stevenage so will be suspended for the six pointer.

That's desperation not straw clutching. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Fair point.  As is the one they've got with ten men for seventy odd minutes

Nothing's a given now, if Dino is fired off on Monday, I still don't see it making one jot of a difference to results because the players don't want it anymore.

With that in mind, where's the next win coming from? 😒

Archived