Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Which will come first: Brexit or Maamexit?

I reckon we can get through another three managers in just the next extension. 

We wouldnt wish anyone this job, its a soul destroyer, even the strongest men have been broken and limped away to nurse their wounds.

I'm torn on this issue.

Any club genuinely considering sacking their 2nd boss of the season after 14 games doesn't deserve to play in a professional league, because it is such an amateurish way of going about things.

The only reason I'm torn is because Head Coach is such an irrelevant role in this organisation.  Even Dino, who comes across as such a strong personality (regardless of how good he actually is as a manager), is looking helpless to make any impact on the club.  Keeping him or sacking him really won't make a difference either way.

Just like every other Head Coach that comes through the door this season, he's going to end up being an insignificant statistic in our club's history.

This is an absolutely terrible time for the club and I can't see it ending soon.  The likelihood is that it's only going to get worse.

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

In my opinion, he’s tactically terrible, gone backwards since Banide left, happy to get rid along with everyone else. Be arsed with it anymore 

Ive sadi this and got slated for it . Under Benide players knew their role we was looking organised and disciplined,  starting to pick points up, but now its completely the opposite...he only has 1 win in 5 games and that was against morecambe which in my eyes was a benide side anyway.. 

6 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Ive sadi this and got slated for it . Under Benide players knew their role we was looking organised and disciplined,  starting to pick points up, but now its completely the opposite...he only has 1 win in 5 games and that was against morecambe which in my eyes was a benide side anyway.. 

He did say that he would either win or lose games!

The data doesn't suggest there has been any great regression, we have been this bad for a while now.

Maamria's abrasive nature probably isn't going to bring about improvement in this group and his desire for a mass clearout sounds more wishful thinking than reality.

4-2-3-1 at home to Macclesfield that by 3.05 pm had become 6-3-1 doesn't instil a great deal of confidence in the bloke's ability for me.

Even taking into account the limitations of the bunch of jokers at his disposal, the performance and result were totally unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, archiecat said:

4-2-3-1 at home to Macclesfield that by 3.05 pm had become 6-3-1 doesn't instil a great deal of confidence in the bloke's ability for me.

Even taking into account the limitations of the bunch of jokers at his disposal, the performance and result were totally unacceptable. 

he has so many midfielders at his disposal sadly trying to accommodate them all , fit them in around Maouche .I would play vera and segbe up front in a 442 on Tuesday.. 

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The data doesn't suggest there has been any great regression, we have been this bad for a while now.

Maamria's abrasive nature probably isn't going to bring about improvement in this group and his desire for a mass clearout sounds more wishful thinking than reality.

Missed you Eyresey 

The regime will sack the manager whenever the attention on them starts getting uncomfortable - it distracts people, and gives them 2 or 3 weeks where people discuss other things, allowing some of the pressure to dissipate. Stunning how people can't see this.

47 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Maamria's abrasive nature probably isn't going to bring about improvement in this group...

Watching him yesterday it seems to me that his antics on the touch line, designed to motivate the players, seemed to be having the opposite effect. 

Archived