Northampton (H)

1 hour ago, super_blue said:

No chance...leave McCann in the centre as he has improved each game and give us more then those other 2. 

As promising as he looks results have still been shit since he signed. 

Him at left back could arguably give us our strongest 11 with Sylla in midfield rather than Iacovitti at left back. 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Him at left back could arguably give us our strongest 11 with Sylla in midfield rather than Iacovitti at left back. 

W1 D2 L1

I mean it's not promotion form but it's largely better than what has gone before it.

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Moving your best player out of his best position would be so Latics.

It would especially when you look at the incoming options. 

Would rather we brought Nepo back and played him at LB not the best defender but would offer more going forward.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Thanks for all the inside info - clearly you are on the inside of the club - perhaps even the owner or his brother.

Whatever your position, please understand that until something major changes, then lots of previously very committed supporters won't be coming back. Everything has gone downhill over the last couple of seasons - and the entertainment level is shocking.

Well each to their own, Many fans wanted Corney out and they got their wish unfortunately.. i guess you will be at the Gateshead game on Sunday?? back to work behind my desk in bolton 

1 hour ago, singe said:

Interesting if the other info that cannot bring players in till others are got rid and other strikers being approached contradicts this, we will see I guess.
I guess they are 2 of th emost importnt positons, although wingers seem to be a need too.

At least half a dozen going, so a couple of decent ones could be brought in. 

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Going where BP?

the best route for now is sending the fringe players out on loan (if any left to send out)

. but my guess we will probably have to wait till jan.Hopefully a couple of Cup wins will help boost the coffers and bring in whats needed 

A couple of Cup wins!!! steady on, we only just managed to beat a couple of non league teams last year with a much better side.

I’m expecting a very difficult game against  Gateshead and IMO an early exit from the Cup would not be such a massive shock!

23 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

the best route for now is sending the fringe players out on loan (if any left to send out)

. but my guess we will probably have to wait till jan.Hopefully a couple of Cup wins will help boost the coffers and bring in whats needed 

you can't just 'send' them. You have to find someone who wants them.

32 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So am I. 

Anyone know if Gonzales has impressed at Ashton? 

He was an unused sub for their 2-1 away win at Buxton on Satdi....

....didn't make the bench at all in the FA Trophy at Warrington Town the week before....

....started at home to Gainsborough Trinity the week before that, but was subbed at HT.

...you have to go back to 15th Oct for a game at Witton Albion to find anything positive said about him [where interestingly their twitter feed calls him the ex-Oldham man], as he was subbed in the 71st minute with the game at 0-0. They lost 1-0.

Edit: He only joined them on the 12th Oct, so what you see above is the lot. Jordan Slew plays for Ashton United... and Chris Renshaw [GK Corney flogged to Everton for a bag of balls] plays for Witton, seemingly full time, not on loan......

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

A couple of Cup wins!!! steady on, we only just managed to beat a couple of non league teams last year with a much better side.

I’m expecting a very difficult game against  Gateshead and IMO an early exit from the Cup would not be such a massive shock!

Do you think ? We are going to beat Gateshead 3-1 have faith 🤣

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

He was an unused sub for their 2-1 away win at Buxton on Satdi....

....didn't make the bench at all in the FA Trophy at Warrington Town the week before....

....started at home to Gainsborough Trinity the week before that, but was subbed at HT.

...you have to go back to 15th Oct for a game at Witton Albion to find anything positive said about him [where interestingly their twitter feed calls him the ex-Oldham man], as he was subbed in the 71st minute with the game at 0-0. They lost 1-0.

Edit: He only joined them on the 12th Oct, so what you see above is the lot. Jordan Slew plays for Ashton United... and Chris Renshaw [GK Corney flogged to Everton for a bag of balls] plays for Witton, seemingly full time, not on loan......

Chris Renshaw in goal for Witton. No longer at Everton or on loan?

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Ashton United seem a good source.

It looks like it's Stockport for development Ashton on the way back the to brasserie football leagues. Fair play to Sefil for beating the system by being too bad for Ashton 

12 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Id actually be moving McCann further up the field. He’s wasted at deep sitting CM. Think he’d look useful driving us forward with Sylla playing the CDM role. Missilou seems to get no stick yet runs about, looks all action, but in truth is being largely ineffective these days. Altho if Maouche was to show that effort from Saturday for 90mins he’d win more people over. Problem is he can’t. 

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Id actually be moving McCann further up the field. He’s wasted at deep sitting CM. Think he’d look useful driving us forward with Sylla playing the CDM role. Missilou seems to get no stick yet runs about, looks all action, but in truth is being largely ineffective these days. Altho if Maouche was to show that effort from Saturday for 90mins he’d win more people over. Problem is he can’t. 

i would be tempted to have Maouche in on sunday, drop Morias and have Maouche just behind Desire/Wilson...Just on technical ability we should have enough about us to beat gateshead on Sunday.. McCann goes about about his job with very little effort.. not a bad signing from Mo as is Smith?

3 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

i would be tempted to have Maouche in on sunday, drop Morias and have Maouche just behind Desire/Wilson...Just on technical ability we should have enough about us to beat gateshead on Sunday.. McCann goes about about his job with very little effort.. not a bad signing from Mo as is Smith?

Mo signing yeah...

Archived