Northampton (H)

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

So you sat there glum faced and didn’t celebrate the second goal?

...or didn’t you go?

I'd probably guess at the second one there pal. However bad a club is doing or is run, if you love your club then you cant stop feeling elated after scoring 2 late goals no matter what else is happening 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I'd probably guess at the second one there pal. However bad a club is doing or is run, if you love your club then you cant stop feeling elated after scoring 2 late goals no matter what else is happening 

Spot on.

I can’t bring myself to go much, especially when I go on my own. But I still got a buzz when we pulled it back today. 

I hate how things are. But the love will never die. 

Don't understand why they took their No4 off, he was running the show and I'm sure they regret it. Bit like Walsall last home game , going nowhere until the red card and both decisions changed the games in our favour. A very grateful 4 points that we may need come May.

We must sign a big front man in Jan though, we just have no outlet or support up front and most of the time were sat too deep.

I notice that whenever I look at the dugout I see Dino waving his hands ushering the players forward. Are they scared or just don't listen !!!

I don't agree with these moaning about Akpo, we just don't play to suit his game the same applies to Wilson. 

They need balls playing in the channels to run onto , we just lump high balls up to him and against 3 defenders we expect him to control it and bring non existent support players into the game.

I'm just hope Dino can sort it out but so far I've seen little evidence although he has tightened us up defensively after the Mansfield debacle.

Going to BP is now wearing me down and I don't know how much more I can take.

28 minutes ago, losesome said:

Don't understand why they took their No4 off, he was running the show and I'm sure they regret it. Bit like Walsall last home game , going nowhere until the red card and both decisions changed the games in our favour. A very grateful 4 points that we may need come May.

We must sign a big front man in Jan though, we just have no outlet or support up front and most of the time were sat too deep.

I notice that whenever I look at the dugout I see Dino waving his hands ushering the players forward. Are they scared or just don't listen !!!

I don't agree with these moaning about Akpo, we just don't play to suit his game the same applies to Wilson. 

They need balls playing in the channels to run onto , we just lump high balls up to him and against 3 defenders we expect him to control it and bring non existent support players into the game.

I'm just hope Dino can sort it out but so far I've seen little evidence although he has tightened us up defensively after the Mansfield debacle.

Spot on

48 minutes ago, losesome said:

Agreed. 

Centre-forward, manager or even tea-person doesn't stand a chance at the club in it's current guise...

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

How we miss Doyle

With the formation we play and the players he'd have playing alongside him, he'd probably score about as many as Wilson has.

Great finish by Wilson, by the way.  Good player.

10 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Deserved a point AT LEAST Chris.

two shots on target in whole game, cross shot from Smith - lucky point to be honest

Papering over the cracks, nothing to celebrate a home draw with NTFC      

10 hours ago, kowenicki said:

So you sat there glum faced and didn’t celebrate the second goal?

...or didn’t you go?

It’s reality though isn’t it @unsworth blue? And in our current predicament a draw is, sad to say, a good result. 

I was at the game and for eighty minutes we were technically and tactically poor. The team had an unbalanced look and, unbelievably at this stage of the season, one or two simply look out of condition. 

After we went two down, we decided to ‘go for it’ and a clever strike from Wilson followed by a more fortuitous one from Smith got us a point. 

Did I celebrate the equaliser? You bet I did. 

15 minutes ago, JoeP said:

With the formation we play and the players he'd have playing alongside him, he'd probably score about as many as Wilson has.

Great finish by Wilson, by the way.  Good player.

Doyle would easily score more goals playing for us maybe not as many as at Swindon but far more than any of our strikers.

The problem isn't the formation its the strikers themselves. They.are.not.good.enough.

Typical Maouche.  Had a point to proved and proved he is is good enough.  There is however a but and that is the way he drifts about during games without a care in the world whilst we lose.  I would start him at Gateshead having first pointed out where the cameras are.

14 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Typical Maouche.  Had a point to proved and proved he is is good enough.  There is however a but and that is the way he drifts about during games without a care in the world whilst we lose.  I would start him at Gateshead having first pointed out where the cameras are.

As much stick as he gets you can clearly see his talent on the ball, even looking at the highlights he’s the one central to the build up to the second goal. 

11 hours ago, losesome said:

Well stop going if your not happy .. Alot of other fans who are staying away  are thinking it will motivate the owners to selling up, foolish.. This club cannot continue long on the paltry home  gates.. sad it really is 

56 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

And, sadly, further damning evidence that more and more have stopped going to BP. Take out the away fans yesterday and you've got 2,921 Latics fans there.

It's frightening when you think it could fall even further.

Yes next step is liquidation,  no buisness survives without customer , and all these businesses have owners .. we are no different. What i hear from Oldham fans ,the best thing for us is liquidation then some knight in shining armour will come in and buy us 🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

As much stick as he gets you can clearly see his talent on the ball, even looking at the highlights he’s the one central to the build up to the second goal. 

Yes he certainly is talented, we do have some talented players in that side, and one of Mos signing Jonny Smith is getting better and better.. hes loving being at oldham by the way.. 

51 minutes ago, Hands on said:

yes we can beat gateshead on sunday, ive doubt about that, i would start with maouch and drop Morias to bench and play him just Desire/ Wilson.They wont be able to compete with us on a technical level.. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Doyle would easily score more goals playing for us maybe not as many as at Swindon but far more than any of our strikers.

The problem isn't the formation its the strikers themselves. They.are.not.good.enough.

I've not been to many games this season - have we been dominating teams and missing loads of chances, then? The reports generally seem to suggest otherwise. 

The one up front thing has been our default formation since the Lemsagams arrival. Don't remember Doyle scoring many when he was played up front on his own for us. 

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But I hear a centre back may be brought in.

I don’t really see the urgency for a centre back with Wheater/Stott/Egert at the club. I think we need a quality left back first and foremost in defence. There’s a massive need for a proper centre-forward though. We have no outlet at the moment. Desire and Wilson win virtually no headers with their lack of height against big centre backs. Get us a 6ft 4ins striker so we have someone to aim for who would have a decent chance of winning the ball and holding it.

12 hours ago, losesome said:

Possibly... but despite Segbe’s obvious enthusiasm and workrate yesterday, the ball does not stick when played into him. A number of times the ball simply bounced off him and then in playing catch up he invariably gives away a clumsy foul.

I agree that the ball over the top is the better way to bring the best from him but then he needs to time his runs better as he does get caught offside too often 🤔

If it were me, I would play him wide up front rather than through the middle. Wilson took his chance well yesterday.

Archived