Northampton (H)

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Typical Maouche.  Had a point to proved and proved he is is good enough.  There is however a but and that is the way he drifts about during games without a care in the world whilst we lose.  I would start him at Gateshead having first pointed out where the cameras are.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

As much stick as he gets you can clearly see his talent on the ball, even looking at the highlights he’s the one central to the build up to the second goal. 

Why not just keep using him from the bench when it's easier for him against tired opponents? 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why not just keep using him from the bench when it's easier for him against tired opponents? 

I actually like this idea for now, dovetails with the fact that Morais can’t last a game. 

On 11/2/2019 at 11:05 PM, kowenicki said:

So you sat there glum faced and didn’t celebrate the second goal?

...or didn’t you go?

[redacted]

I did go and I celebrated the goal wildly like I always do. I will be there at Gateshead too, not sure about Stevenage and I will be at Newport too, will you knobhead?

I sat there glum faced till we scored the first but I don't moan nor walk out like some chose to.

My point about nothing to celebrate a home point with NTFC was that it was another draw - that's all - we are actually 1 point nearer the bloody foot of the league than we started the day on. 3 wins out of 17 (9 games at home) - not even averaging a point a game - worth celebrating surely?

Guest Stanley30
On 11/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, unsworth blue said:

[redacted]

I did go and I celebrated the goal wildly like I always do. I will be there at Gateshead too, not sure about Stevenage and I will be at Newport too, will you knobhead?

I sat there glum faced till we scored the first but I don't moan nor walk out like some chose to.

My point about nothing to celebrate a home point with NTFC was that it was another draw - that's all - we are actually 1 point nearer the bloody foot of the league than we started the day on. 3 wins out of 17 (9 games at home) - not even averaging a point a game - worth celebrating surely?

Not the most intelligent post, but I get you point and agree

13 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I'd probably guess at the second one there pal. However bad a club is doing or is run, if you love your club then you cant stop feeling elated after scoring 2 late goals no matter what else is happening 

Chris

What are you on about? I did go - celebrated both OAFC goals wildly. My point about "nothing to celebrate a home draw with NTFC" was about its yet another missed opportunity to win at home - we need to start winning (either at home or away) - we did actually look like winning yesterday for 2 minutes after equalising and I was roaring them on - more than most. I do still go - and I support the team for 90 minutes no matter how poor they are. I walk away at the end feeling disgruntled or shortchanged more often than not but I won't boo them...never have, I suffer in silence.

This is the worst team we have had in my 50 years of watching but I still support them. I hate the way the club is run but I still support it, I would love this regime to go but whilst they are still there, I choose to still watch the team no matter how poor they are.

See you at Gateshead perhaps - I will be shouting them on don't worry               

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

I've not been to many games this season - have we been dominating teams and missing loads of chances, then? The reports generally seem to suggest otherwise. 

The one up front thing has been our default formation since the Lemsagams arrival. Don't remember Doyle scoring many when he was played up front on his own for us. 

Since McCann has come in we have kept the ball better which means we can play further up the pitch. The ball isnt constantly coming back at us as much and we are now atleast getting a foothold in games.

We did put the ball in the box plenty of times yesterday however Segbes anticipation isnt there he doesn't get across defenders on crosses he doesnt appear to have a strikers instincts the runs he makes are somewhat predictable and he doesn't get in the right positions to hurt people as result he never scores. We get a player who can do that and we will see improvement 

22 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Not the most intelligent post, but I get you point and agree

In relation to what Stanley? 

I agree about the language is two places not being the most intelligent perhaps but I am sick of him trolling others - particularly me.

I am not sure if he knows me, if he does he would know what my reactions are likely to be so I assume he doesn't.

One point gained from 0-2 down, but 2 points lost when you feel you have to win at home to move away from the bottom. We were distinctly second best for most of the game till our late salvo, we didn't look like scoring till their centre half made his mistake and Wilson capitalised (good finish that) and gave us fresh impetus.

Still think its going to be a long hard winter ahead, 3 wins in 17 is extremely worrying and 2 of them have been against teams below us, one of whom were down to 10 men.  A 3 match unbeaten run and 5 points is not to be sneezed at but if you add the Macc game in - that's 5 points from 4 games (3 at home). We are not putting any daylight between us and the foot of the league and the next few league games look challenging  

On 11/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, unsworth blue said:

[redacted]

I admire your perseverance Phil, I've managed 1 game this season Bradford away, I really haven't got the will or heart to bother, the sad thing is I'm not missing it. 

18 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

In relation to what Stanley? 

I agree about the language is two places not being the most intelligent perhaps but I am sick of him trolling others - particularly me.

I am not sure if he knows me, if he does he would know what my reactions are likely to be so I assume he doesn't.

One point gained from 0-2 down, but 2 points lost when you feel you have to win at home to move away from the bottom. We were distinctly second best for most of the game till our late salvo, we didn't look like scoring till their centre half made his mistake and Wilson capitalised (good finish that) and gave us fresh impetus.

Still think its going to be a long hard winter ahead, 3 wins in 17 is extremely worrying and 2 of them have been against teams below us, one of whom were down to 10 men.  A 3 match unbeaten run and 5 points is not to be sneezed at but if you add the Macc game in - that's 5 points from 4 games (3 at home). We are not putting any daylight between us and the foot of the league and the next few league games look challenging  

Think you’re taking it all a bit too personal to get so worked up.This is not real life mate. 

38 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Since McCann has come in we have kept the ball better which means we can play further up the pitch. The ball isnt constantly coming back at us as much and we are now atleast getting a foothold in games.

We did put the ball in the box plenty of times yesterday however Segbes anticipation isnt there he doesn't get across defenders on crosses he doesnt appear to have a strikers instincts the runs he makes are somewhat predictable and he doesn't get in the right positions to hurt people as result he never scores. We get a player who can do that and we will see improvement 

It's a fair observation, but the point still stands - we're sacrificing a striker for an extra midfielder, leaving our sole attacker isolated in the middle.

Drop a midfielder, play another striker and the crosses have a better chance of hitting one of our players. 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Can see him starting against The Heeeed. But the same logic applies, given fitness is usually something in the League side's favour against non-league. 

Using Maouche from the bench will also limit his own inability to be 'fully' effective for the full 90 minutes. 

17 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Deserved a point AT LEAST Chris.

two shots on target in whole game, cross shot from Smith - lucky point to be honest

Papering over the cracks, nothing to celebrate a home draw with NTFC      

16 hours ago, kowenicki said:

So you sat there glum faced and didn’t celebrate the second goal?

...or didn’t you go?

2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

You really are a fucking prick aren't you? 

Wow 😮

- you say ‘nothing to celebrate’ and when you are challenged that you must have celebrated the second goal and questioned as to whether you were at the game, you resort to calling a fellow poster a ‘fucking prick’ and a ‘knobhead’ before stating that you actually ‘celebrated the goal wildly as I always do’...

Maybe the question about you attending the game was out of order but as someone else pointed out ‘not the most intelligent post’.

And as for being a point nearer the foot of the league.. at the start of the day Latics were on 15 points and Morecambe were on 10 - at the end of the day we are on 16 points and Morecambe are on 13. So I make that 2 points nearer... 😎

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Absolutely, about fucking time we had a centre mid who doesn’t just run around and tackle, he doesn’t need to because his intelligence means he keeps the ball and picks up positions where he doesn’t rely on his running ability and lackey legs to get him out of shit, purpose to his play. 

I've just watched the game and McCann is a class act and better than this league. I hope we are talking to him in order to extend his contract for another 18 months. Eagles was also head and shoulders above the rest. I didn't think he was a good signing at the time, but he has proved me wrong. A comparable couple of strikers to these two in January, and things should start looking up

21 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

I don’t really see the urgency for a centre back with Wheater/Stott/Egert at the club. I think we need a quality left back first and foremost in defence. There’s a massive need for a proper centre-forward though. We have no outlet at the moment. Desire and Wilson win virtually no headers with their lack of height against big centre backs. Get us a 6ft 4ins striker so we have someone to aim for who would have a decent chance of winning the ball and holding it.

ive been told Dino wants a left back and forward and hes been given goahead to get them..I got told outside if mansfield ground that dino , Assistant and Mo that they are on the look out for a target man... 

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

ive been told Dino wants a left back and forward and hes been given goahead to get them..I got told outside if mansfield ground that dino , Assistant and Mo that they are on the look out for a target man... 

McCann has played left back, he could slot in there allowing Sylla or Maoche to return.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/former-burnley-favourite-signs-for-league-two-side/ 

18 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Absolutely, about fucking time we had a centre mid who doesn’t just run around and tackle, he doesn’t need to because his intelligence means he keeps the ball and picks up positions where he doesn’t rely on his running ability and lackey legs to get him out of shit, purpose to his play. 

Thought you were talking about Maouche then in that description.😃

On 11/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, Frankies6 said:

Dino is already looking at a couple of forwards.. 

Thanks for all the inside info - clearly you are on the inside of the club - perhaps even the owner or his brother.

Whatever your position, please understand that until something major changes, then lots of previously very committed supporters won't be coming back. Everything has gone downhill over the last couple of seasons - and the entertainment level is shocking.

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Interesting if the other info that cannot bring players in till others are got rid and other strikers being approached contradicts this, we will see I guess.
I guess they are 2 of th emost importnt positons, although wingers seem to be a need too.

Archived