Squad movements, winter 2019/20

40 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Where's this about Harry Robinson come from? He made one appearance as a 90th minute substitute against Notts County. From what I recall, he actually showed a couple of decent touches and played a nice cross field ball. 

"blooded him". 

"way out of his depth". 

"out-muscled". 

According to Wikipedia he's gone on loan to Napoleon. Sounds unlikely 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Where's this about Harry Robinson come from? He made one appearance as a 90th minute substitute against Notts County.  

13 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The words of a man who, if you didn't know, doesn't go to games. Clearly he just makes stuff up

OneSize - unless I`m losing it, I have seen him play - may have been pre-season friendly/ies and both me and a friend commented how lightweight he was. He was muscled off the ball, no doubt.

mcfluff - I`ve been to more Latics' games than you've had hot dinners.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

OneSize - unless I`m losing it, I have seen him play - may have been pre-season friendly/ies and both me and a friend commented how lightweight he was. He was muscled off the ball, no doubt.

mcfluff - I`ve been to more Latics' games than you've had hot dinners.

So comment on the players you've watched in competitive games then. No need to make stuff up. Simples

Manchester Utd loanee left back who has played six times for Tranmere so far this season received with rapture!

Could have been recalled by the scum because he wasn't getting game time so he might be the first name on the team sheet.

Why hasn't Smith-Brown been returned?

8 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Manchester Utd loanee left back who has played six times for Tranmere so far this season received with rapture!

Could have been recalled by the scum because he wasn't getting game time so he might be the first name on the team sheet.

Why hasn't Smith-Brown been returned?

Rapture? 

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So comment on the players you've watched in competitive games then. No need to make stuff up. Simples

I`m really, really sorry fluffy old boy - I didn't realise it had to be a competitive game. I`ll be very careful how I word things in future and, if it's okay, I`ll send my proposed postings to you for prior vetting?

I don't make stuff up - I saw Harry Robinson being muscled off the ball in a game/games. Simples.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I`m really, really sorry fluffy old boy - I didn't realise it had to be a competitive game. I`ll be very careful how I word things in future and, if it's okay, I`ll send my proposed postings to you for prior vetting?

I don't make stuff up - I saw Harry Robinson being muscled off the ball in a game/games. Simples.

Breaking News: Teenage Oldham player gets knocked off the ball in training.

Ex fan wiseowl, who is yet to tell anyone of his boycott, has described the player as looking way out of depth when fully blooded in the 5-a-side practice match. 

"He looks about 13" said the knowledgable bird who further went on to describe how pathetic Robinson was for being 'out-muscled by wily lower league players'

Wiseowl went on to say how Robinson's family should be ashamed of him and that back in his day he would have taken the child onto Clayton playing fields and shot him.

Fluffy - shall we call a truce?

People must be sick of reading our little spats.  

If you are not willing to agree to a truce, at least get your facts right old chap. I witnessed Robinson against Ashton United and Rochdale - hardly a 5 a side practice. Hopefully, one for the future but nowhere near ready (physically) for first team football. It was Jack Williams I said looked 13 - and again, just my opinion, looks physically lacking for the 4th division cloggers we play against.

I`m not an ex fan - I`m a very loyal fan who is boycotting until some kind of normality is restored at BP - there's a difference. When it is, I`ll have a pint with you in the OEC before a game. By that time Harry will probably be about 22 years old and marshalling our midfield.

Peace man.

9 hours ago, wiseowl said:

If you are not willing to agree to a truce, at least get your facts right old chap. I witnessed Robinson against Ashton United and Rochdale - hardly a 5 a side practice. Hopefully, one for the future but nowhere near ready (physically) for first team football. It was Jack Williams I said looked 13 - and again, just my opinion, looks physically lacking for the 4th division cloggers we play against.

I`m not an ex fan - I`m a very loyal fan who is boycotting until some kind of normality is restored at BP - there's a difference. When it is, I`ll have a pint with you in the OEC before a game. By that time Harry will probably be about 22 years old and marshalling our midfield.

Peace man.

Thank fuck for that. 

12 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Peace man.

@mcfluff1985 @wiseowl

For the love of God and our sanity, and I'm not religious, please accept the offer of a truce.
 :pray:

20 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Just ignore it and stop being a slapped arse. 

It's equivalent to Shucky telling us Shez is the greatest human ever born every post or BP telling us that there's a 6'9 non-league player who we can hoof balls up to that he's never seen but recommended to the club. We all know and don't need telling every post. All for some healthy discussion but fuck me, every post doesn't need to be the same

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It's equivalent to Shucky telling us Shez is the greatest human ever born every post or BP telling us that there's a 6'9 non-league player who we can hoof balls up to that he's never seen but recommended to the club. We all know and don't need telling every post. All for some healthy discussion but fuck me, every post doesn't need to be the same

Ditto moaning about it....

On 1/22/2020 at 8:51 AM, wiseowl said:

Bless him - he looks about 13!

It's a difficult one to be honest. Harry Robinson looked way out of his depth when we blooded him. Physically, he was simply out-muscled by wily lower league players.

That said, it doesn't look like the January transfer window is going to bring much exitement so... yes... why not throw the kids in on masse - they could not do any worse than the current shower of shite, could they?

Williams scored the goal in the academy match win against Shrewsbury...13 or not! :D 

Archived