Crawley (H)

Lose this and I’m done! Serious.

Obvious what the majority of the team will be. 

Just play Rowe so we’ve got someone who can actually strike a ball.

Serious points, how far is that Aussie off challenging? Is that kid close to challenging our very lightweight midfield, I didn’t watch us midweek.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, latics22 said:

No ones ever done, u may not watch or listen but u will still get fucked off when you twitter you updates or check the score.

Last Saturday was like a knife in the side! Proper wound me up! 3 nil against fucking stevanage!

Exactly. I’ve been done for the last ten years.

I don’t think we could have asked for 3 easier games to start with yet we haven’t picked up a point yet. It’s already a must win tomorrow. 

I've been nothing but cynical lately on here but sadly not expecting a win. Will be very shocked if we do, to say the least. Maybe 2-0 Crawley? Had a mixed started, had us 3-0 last season.

The Wolves U21 win wasn't convincing at all imo. Very amateurish performance from Wolves even if we did knock 4 in.

Can't see the team changing much either. Been saying that for about a year now...

I suffered the entire Stevenage debacle (that's 10 quid and 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back). I couldn't be arsed to listen to the Wolves game and was never going to cough up another tenner. I've watched the extended highlights and there was no way that was a 4-0 win. A couple of flying saves from Lawlor kept us in it and they gifted us the 3rd and 4th. Grant's goal was a cracker, though.

I'm not at all confident we can beat Crawley. I'm certainly not paying to watch it and, if I miss the commentary, I won't be all that bothered. And that is from someone who would never miss listening in unless something very serious got in the way. We have sunk so low that teams that would have got rolled over without too much trouble are now a serious threat.

Normally, I'd be at every game south of Birmingham, but the decision was already made (even if fans were allowed in again) that Newport, Forest Green Rovers and Cheltenham would be the only 'maybes' this season. That's getting pretty close to "done".

Cheers Numbnuts Brothers. You've pretty much killed it off and it won't take much more to finish it.

Back on topic, I think we'll scrape a 1-1 draw or, maybe, even a 1-2 defeat.

56 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I've watched the extended highlights and there was no way that was a 4-0 win. A couple of flying saves from Lawlor kept us in it and they gifted us the 3rd and 4th. 

But by the same token their keeper made a flying save from a Fage screamer, Fage has a good chance but his downward header bounced up and over the bar - they also cleared one off the line to deny us in the first half.

So maybe 7-2 might have been a fairer result I suppose...

I thought Wolves were really poor on Tuesday, it will be a totally different game tomorrow and Crawley will be much better. We need 3 dominant players, a CB, a CDM, and a CF (hopefully Blackwood) and until then I think we’ll continue to ship goals.

I would love to be proved wrong but our midfield as a defensive unit gives me no confidence whatsoever, unfortunately another defeat for me!!

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

No ones ever done, u may not watch or listen but u will still get fucked off when you twitter you updates or check the score.

Last Saturday was like a knife in the side! Proper wound me up! 3 nil against fucking stevanage!

There’s no hope for me then, I’ll admit I had a little chuckle when I saw the Stevenage score. 

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

I'd never say I'm done with the club, but getting enthusiastic about the team seems futile at the minute. 

I might even watch it tomorrow, but I'm not that arsed if we win, lose or draw to be honest. Abdallah will still be here afterwards and they'll be another disaster from him coming along at some point soon, no doubt. 

The only enthusiasm I have for Latics at the moment involves removing the route problems within the club. Sort those problems out and the football becomes important again. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Whelan was subbed against Wolves, wonder if he has an injury, which would let Garrity back in?

Whelan was probably subbed to rest him.  Garrity came off early because of the head clash.  If it was a significant bump, he may not be fit Saturday.

11 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

The Egert Rule: a player who's never played will always be assumed to be better than players who do play

Until they play, of course

Can I add to the above and Pavel's law, the Magister principle. Whatever the concensus of opinion is on OWTB, he will find a way, however contrived, to go against that concensus. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Can I add to the above and Pavel's law, the Magister principle. Whatever the concensus of opinion is on OWTB, he will find a way, however contrived, to go against that concensus. 

With silver bell ends.

Mary's garden answer.

Did I win?

Can anyone help?  We’ve renewed season tickets (I know, right) and I have successfully logged in and used my discount code to watch this afternoon’s game.  We have four tickets but only one code has been sent - to my email.  I created two iFollow accounts, one for me and one for my technophobe dad.   Last home game the same code could be used for both accounts and everything was fine.  Today I have successfully applied the code to my account but when I try to do the same for dad’s account I get “invalid code”.  I have put payment details in each time so that shouldn’t be a barrier.  He hasn’t been sent an email with any code, nor did he get one last time.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Rich 

Archived