Playing Squad - Summer 21

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Would you even want to go back to Australia at the moment? Lad must be desperate to get away...

He'll probs sign for kewell and bag 30 this season as per the usual striker conundrum at BP. Shite until they go elsewhere lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Did anyone else know that Bahamboula has a twin playing in french 2nd division? Same division he came from. Hes called Dolan Bahamboula. Wonder if he's got the same quality...

Dolan and Dylan?  His parents are seriously lacking in imagination.

3 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Did anyone else know that Bahamboula has a twin playing in french 2nd division? Same division he came from. Hes called Dolan Bahamboula. Wonder if he's got the same quality...

Sign him up. That would really confuse the opposition. They wouldn't know which one to mark.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, oafcmetty said:

Picking up the baton from Crusoe. Will keep post 1 updated...

xx. Jayson Leutwiler (2023)

5. Carl Piergianni (2022)
14. Dylan Fage (2022)
15. Kyle Jameson (2022)
20. Andrea Badan (2022)
22. Raphaël Diarra (2022)
32. Will Sutton (2022)

xx. Jordan Clarke (2022)
xx. Sam Hart (2022 with option)
xx. Harrison McGahey (2023)

8. Callum Whelan (2022)
10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2022)
23. Nicky Adams (2022)
24. Dylan Bahamboula (2022)

34. Harry Vaughan (2023, with option for 1 more year)

19. Zak Dearnley (2022)
27. Vani Da Silva (New Year 2022)
29. Junior Luamba (2022)

xx. Hallum Hope (2022 with option)

43. Reece Gaskell (scholar)
59. Jack Williams (scholar)

xx. Oliver Kilner (scholar)

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes

So considering that we're under an embargo, my understand of it is that we still have the space to sign four more players, unless we get rid of any of the squad above.

The embargo is far from ideal but a squad of 23 plus academy graduates doesn't seem too restrictive for us.  I suppose the bigger issue is the state of the club that we're one of only three teams at our level to use the additional loan offered.

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes

So considering that we're under an embargo, my understand of it is that we still have the space to sign four more players, unless we get rid of any of the squad above.

The embargo is far from ideal but a squad of 23 plus academy graduates doesn't seem too restrictive for us.  I suppose the bigger issue is the state of the club that we're one of only three teams at our level to use the additional loan offered.

What does this mean? 

We’re struggling to pay the loan back? 

27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What does this mean? 

We’re struggling to pay the loan back? 

No but the loan had strings attached re spending.

Sickening that only us and 2 other League 2 clubs needed this facility.

3 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Of course we will also struggle to repay it as well!!!

27 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Is it not a grant rather than a loan? Think the three are ones who have had a breach rather than the only ones to take it.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Is it not a grant rather than a loan? Think the three are ones who have had a breach rather than the only ones to take it.

No I think every club had a grant but there was also a further loan facility which obs we took up.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm sure Barry touched on this on the @BPASpodcast so this will be no shock to the club...

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

3 hours ago, mick26 said:

No I think every club had a grant but there was also a further loan facility which obs we took up.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I think Mick has it right...

Correct. The owners took a loan on top of the grant. Looks like only us, Scunthorpe & Swindon (in League Two) took one or are yet to pay it back.

6 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Correct. The owners took a loan on top of the grant. Looks like only us, Scunthorpe & Swindon (in League Two) took one or are yet to pay it back.

I'm very confused. according to the efls rules of embargoes, on the same site we are listed as being under one, it says that we can offer any player a contract longer than a year... so I thought maybe thats why mcaleny left. But then realised that we gave 2 new signings 2 year contracts. So if we are under the embargo which the efl says we are, then why are we allowed to break the rules and sign players on for 2 years? 

Just now, Chris15Arm said:

I'm very confused. according to the efls rules of embargoes, on the same site we are listed as being under one, it says that we can offer any player a contract longer than a year... so I thought maybe thats why mcaleny left. But then realised that we gave 2 new signings 2 year contracts. So if we are under the embargo which the efl says we are, then why are we allowed to break the rules and sign players on for 2 years? 

Cant** offer longer than a year

If they have less than 23 players they are allowed, within a transfer window, to sign free agents on a maximum of one-year deals or bring in players on loan for up to half a season.

Taken from bbc sport story about us being under an embargo

Not the end of the word really as we usually operate under similar internal limitations anyway. It would have been nice to have some kind of communication on this from the club though, especially as they knew it would happen when they rook the loan. 

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

There is every possibility with the people we have in charge, that they have not read all the rules. 

Taking the extra money despite the restrictions which would be imposed would suggest ALs pockets are empty.

Archived