Playing Squad - Summer 21

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

EFL been pretty snide with this, not sure it is something that needed to be publicised.

Well given they are usually criticised for keeping mum on the sidelines I'd rather they said it

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well given they are usually criticised for keeping mum on the sidelines I'd rather they said it

Not serving much purpose beyond riling up the fans of the clubs though really. Think given the circumstances they could have kept it to themselves.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not serving much purpose beyond riling up the fans of the clubs though really. Think given the circumstances they could have kept it to themselves.

I imagine it's in their rules 

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I imagine it's in their rules 

Seems so. Conditional loans when you haven't been able to operate fully for over a year doesn't seem right but I suppose football isn't alone in that respect.

as of today we only have 3 player slots available.the embargo is restricting to 22 playsers.current calculatons include bambi and. vaughan.jack williams is shown on ist team website.due to injury he has been given a 3rd yr trainnee contract.should he progress and gets into the ist team sqaud he will still be classed as a trainee.                                              

42 minutes ago, johnboy said:

as of today we only have 3 player slots available.the embargo is restricting to 22 playsers.current calculatons include bambi and. vaughan.jack williams is shown on ist team website.due to injury he has been given a 3rd yr trainnee contract.should he progress and gets into the ist team sqaud he will still be classed as a trainee.                                              

I thought he limit was 23 and according to the official site we have 20. We still need another goalkeeper. KC said Diarra, Badan and Fage were not at training for different reasons. They could be isolating after returning to the UK or because of Covid, But they may also be training elsewhere like Bahamboula. He should be back this week unless Boro want more time to check him out. Diarra and Badan can go as far as I'm concerned, which would give us 5 slots available. We should be filing the outfield with loanees from higher up the ladder and a keeper if there's one available better than Leutwiler.

jack williams is shown on ist team website-he is stiill a trainee-my previous post refers.22 was confirmed by curle in oldham times.agree with comments about diarra/badan.they may go before end of august,more likely jan.

I'd update post 1, but for some reason the edit button has gone? Anyway.

1st Year Scholars
Llyton Chapman
Aaron Atkinson
Kofi Moore
Oli Havens
Favour Okeke
Mworina Doro
Harvey Green
Jake Forshaw
Luke Southerington
Fraser Cookson

2nd Year Scholars
59. Jack Williams
Oliver Kilner
Kacper Danieilwicz
Trey Turner
Kane Badby
Joe Edwards
Asa Hughes
Isaac Modi
Benny Cuoto
Jim Simms

Unsure if he's still here: 43. Reece Gaskell?

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

1st Year Scholars
Llyton Chapman
Aaron Atkinson
Kofi Moore
Oli Havens
Favour Okeke
Mworina Doro
Harvey Green
Jake Forshaw
Luke Southerington
Fraser Cookson

2nd Year Scholars
59. Jack Williams
Oliver Kilner
Kacper Danieilwicz
Trey Turner
Kane Badby
Joe Edwards
Asa Hughes
Isaac Modi
Benny Cuoto
Jim Simms

Did young Chapman's parents lose all the vowels from their Scrabble set? 

10 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

1st Year Scholars
Llyton Chapman
Aaron Atkinson
Kofi Moore
Oli Havens
Favour Okeke
Mworina Doro
Harvey Green
Jake Forshaw
Luke Southerington
Fraser Cookson

2nd Year Scholars
59. Jack Williams
Oliver Kilner
Kacper Danieilwicz
Trey Turner
Kane Badby
Joe Edwards
Asa Hughes
Isaac Modi
Benny Cuoto
Jim Simms

Had the pleasure of coaching one of those 2nd year scholars in his primary school days. One of the best young footballers I have ever seen and seems to have gone from strength to strength...

On 7/13/2021 at 5:09 PM, al_bro said:

He should be back this week unless Boro want more time to check him out. 

l don't understand?? Why would they not want to buy him?

Be great if youre correct, but it's an opinion thats swimming upstream to say the least.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l don't understand?? Why would they not want to buy him?

Be great if youre correct, but it's an opinion thats swimming upstream to say the least.

That's what KC said. As he played very well for them last night, I guess it's not looking good for us, but the opposition was only Bishop Auckland. They may want to see how he goes against higher class opposition.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Double standards there. Vaughan can play even though he hasn't trained. Yet Hope couldn't play because he had to go through a normal pre season., even though he has been playing already.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Double standards there. Vaughan can play even though he hasn't trained. Yet Hope couldn't play because he had to go through a normal pre season., even though he has been playing already.

Think its more the fact he needs hope ready for the season whereas Vaughan won't be near the the startin 11 so he can take his time

Archived