Just now, Dave_Og said:

Read the terms and the embargo

Which ever way we look at it.. KC has been given carte blanche this summer with a whole new backroom team and 14 new signings.. judgement must stop at his door for what we are witnessing under his tenure at the club... 12 defeats in 20 ? 

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Read the terms of the embargo which I very much doubt was known when Curle took the job in the summer. 

He must have had an idea about what he was walking into ..He doesn't come across to me as some idiot who was desperate for any managers job 

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

Which ever way we look at it.. KC has been given carte blanche this summer with a whole new backroom team and 14 new signings.. judgement must stop at his door for what we are witnessing under his tenure at the club... 12 defeats in 20 ? 

For pity's sake. How does operating under the terms of the embargo equate to being given carte blanche?  I'm sure there were players he wanted that were immediately impossibilities. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

For pity's sake. How does operating under the terms of the embargo equate to being given carte blanche?  I'm sure there were players he wanted that were immediately impossibilities. 

Hallam Hope, Mcganey , Clarke, Jayson Luitweiller are KC.. then the loans . Do we just leave KC and focus on Mo, who you will have a job removing I'm afraid..  Arabs are very much loyal to family 

5 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Hallam Hope, Mcganey , Clarke, Jayson Luitweiller are KC.. then the loans . Do we just leave KC and focus on Mo, who you will have a job removing I'm afraid..  Arabs are very much loyal to family 

Yes. Every one of them from the equivalent of the two hours from being past their sell by date on the shelf at Aldi. 

7 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Do you seriously think a new manager will turn it round? 

30 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Denial of what? That curle has absolutely no control of team, selection, formation. That is 100% not happening.  Like I said, stop giving him a free ride 

Whether you want to accept it or not, we are going down. No manager or coach will change that. And it’s not even the worst of our problems. 

And please for the love of god, will you stop posting absolute nonsense about squads- 

Last season we had Rowe and Mac. 

One got 12 the other got 20plus. 

They have been replaced with ONE player -Hallam don’t laugh Hope. Who still hasn’t scored yet, and leaves a centre half as top scorer. 

He has recruited his own players. In his defence 6 who would be starting 11 weren't available today. 

We have some decent players.

It's the tactics. All this tippy tippy sideways, backwards passing gets us nowhere. If you're playing little short passes then it needs to be done quickly. Vaughan came on and was one of the only ones, apart from Fage, who looked to turn and drive forwards with the ball.

If you are playing short passes with no movement in front of you, it isn't rocket science, at that pace you aren't going to be creating any chances or opening any gaps. It's too slow. 

Adams has a very high assist rate through his career. Need to be moving the ball out wide quickly and getting bodies in the box. I'm not talking long ball just moving it quicker.

Feel a bit sorry for Hope. He's had one clear cut chance I can remember this season. The ball gets walloped up after a few minutes of pointless passing and then he is trying to hold it up with 2 or 3 defenders pressing him. He has little support. 

We had 3 technically good midfielders starting today, nobody to do the dirty stuff and put a foot in.

Ollie Banks folds like wet cardboard under pressure but we gave him space constantly.

Pidge was impressive again, Jameson also did alright. 

Fage MOTM for me.

It's the tactics from KC, not the players in my opinion

Get him gone. I know people will come at me with embargo talk and budget talk, but he knew full well what he was getting himself in to when he came here. Many of his signings have been injured and, for me, it's happened too many times to be just back luck. He has spaffed what budget he did have on crocks. 

The story seems to go that he has made us more solid at the back but we have conceded 10 goals in 6 games and in certain games, could and should have conceded a lot more (Bristol and Bradford immediately come to mind) and he has managed to nullify any attacking threat we have. 

I've never been too keen on him anyway and I know @Chaddyexile84thinks I have a vigilante campaign against him, but he has managed to perform worse than any his predecessor and that takes some doing...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Get him gone. I know people will come at me with embargo talk and budget talk, but he knew full well what he was getting himself in to when he came here. Many of his signings have been injured and, for me, it's happened too many times to be just back luck. He has spaffed what budget he did have on crocks. 

The story seems to go that he has made us more solid at the back but we have conceded 10 goals in 6 games and in certain games, could and should have conceded a lot more (Bristol and Bradford immediately come to mind) and he has managed to nullify any attacking threat we have. 

I've never been too keen on him anyway and I know @Chaddyexile84thinks I have a vigilante campaign against him, but he has managed to perform worse than any his predecessor and that takes some doing...

I can’t disagree his performance thus far would be just cause for dismissal I still maintain we won’t get anyone any better and if we did Flat Cap would still be all over it

I’d rather they just gave the job to Mo and have done with it, though he’d struggle to scurry away with security on 65 minutes from the dugout.

Im past caring really - nothing will improve until the twats leave anyway 

Also never mind the defence but replacing Conor McAleney with Hallam “will never score as long as I have a hole in my arse no” Hope is as shit a decision as I ever witnessed 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I can’t disagree his performance thus far would be just cause for dismissal I still maintain we won’t get anyone any better and if we did Flat Cap would still be all over it

I’d rather they just gave the job to Mo and have done with it, though he’d struggle to scurry away with security on 65 minutes from the dugout.

Im past caring really - nothing will improve until the twats leave anyway 

Also never mind the defence but replacing Conor McAleney with Hallam “will never score as long as I have a hole in my arse no” Hope is as shit a decision as I ever witnessed 

100%

You took the words right out my mouth. 

The football/manager/tactics are the least of our problems. 

I find it staggering that people STILL try to assess as if normal rules apply. 

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Get him gone. I know people will come at me with embargo talk and budget talk, but he knew full well what he was getting himself in to when he came here. 

He didn’t though did he? The embargo wasnt confirmed until after he joined. I hold no brief for him and I haven't seen a single minute of Latics games since he took charge. 

Nobody has a hope under these conditions. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

He didn’t though did he? The embargo wasnt confirmed until after he joined. I hold no brief for him and I haven't seen a single minute of Latics games since he took charge. 

Nobody has a hope under these conditions. 

Well Barry Owen was broadcasting it before Curle had signed his two year deal so I suspect he will have known about it...

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Well Barry Owen was broadcasting it before Curle had signed his two year deal so I suspect he will have known about it...

Owen left in March. He knew for sure that loan would still be outstanding now? 

Archived