1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ofcourse but actually giving an experienced manager with atleast somekind of track record a 2 year deal was actually a good desicion we should have given him more backing in the summer.

We couldn't. Embargoed!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Thought he'd picked the players though having said he had to see them before signing?

I couldn't care less if you block me. Why the hell can't so many people grasp that under the terms of the embargo we had virtually no chance of putting a decent side together. No question mark as it is rhetorical. 

Just can see changing the manager making much difference.

Curle, I don't think, has much say on the whole team he can pick from. 

The position is untenable who ever we have at the helm. We have no means of building a squad through the embargo and can only rely on loans and frees that by this point in the year, are players not good enough/ fit enough the play early season. The squad is literally the squad we'll have for the rest of the season.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 

It's a disaster isn't it?

There are a lot of things that have gone wrong that are out of Curle's control, but there are still many things that he can control that he's done badly.

It feels like the same vibe to when Shez lost his job after Rotherham.  I'm angry at the board but massively disappointed by Curle.

Changing managers won't make a significant difference to our fortunes but I'm getting more and more indifferent to Curle staying.

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I couldn't care less if you block me. Why the hell can't so many people grasp that under the terms of the embargo we had virtually no chance of putting a decent side together. No question mark as it is rhetorical. 

This team is not 3 or 4 worse than others. The league is terrible and with us being a defensive team we should be solid at back as a min but we aren’t even that. Can’t even say the team is progressing each week. He’s doing a rank poor job even with the off field issues he is having to deal with. 1 or 2 more and if he doesn’t win or we see any sort of improvement or optimism he should be fired 

13 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

This team is not 3 or 4 worse than others. The league is terrible and with us being a defensive team we should be solid at back as a min but we aren’t even that. Can’t even say the team is progressing each week. He’s doing a rank poor job even with the off field issues he is having to deal with. 1 or 2 more and if he doesn’t win or we see any sort of improvement or optimism he should be fired 

Half his first choice team are unav and if the rumours are true then it's not down to injuries. I don't care if he stays or goes, it's irrelevant. 

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's your opinion which is  fine by me, this is mine which I hope you respect.

Many of the players Curle brought in are injury prone and lightweights, even the loanees lack the physicality for this division.

Only Hart I rate and rumours are he's out of favour.

Harrogate 2nd in the league and Swindon left with only 5 players last season are now 7th which shows you what can be done without much money.

Just now, kev1970 said:

We have to hope .

The only managerial change in the Lemsagam era that arguably left us in a better position was Pete Wild being in charge.  Who turned down what would otherwise have been his dream job to manage in the league below.

Just like on the pitch, Hope is there but it's not having much of a positive impact.

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Leutwieler

Fage     jameson  clarke    adams

Bam        vaughen   Bettache   couto

Luamba     Pidge 

Aim for pidge, stop trying to play fancy footy at back. Play direct

No abuse needed lol......

Why abuse, that would be far better. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Thought he'd picked the players though having said he had to see them before signing?

He might have done but look at the type of players he's having to shop around for its not like he had much to choose from hence we signed crocks and non-league fodder.

Wonder why Whelan is Curle's scapegoat? always gives 100% and keeps the ball moving. Bowden in particular has done nothing, so why he keeps getting selected is a mystery to me, I thought players had to earn a place according to KC?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Wonder why Whelan is Curle's scapegoat? always gives 100% and keeps the ball moving. Bowden in particular has done nothing, so why he keeps getting selected is a mystery to me, I thought players had to earn a place according to KC?

Yes Whelan played ok this season  like you say keeps it moving.

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Quite what he has done to earn a place could be quite intriguing!

1 hour ago, kev1970 said:

Has Curle said anything after the game yet?

Yeah. On GMR. 

He said

’I know exactly about the football club and the situation it’s in. 

And again 

It’s about unity from within and unity from the top. 

I listened to it about 20 minutes ago, and apart from ‘and again’ I’m still trying to work out what the fuck he’s on about. Then I realised I’d rather dip my little fella in acid than spend anymore time trying to figure it out. 

Archived