Our injuries have hit hard and it seems that none of thmissing players will be back anytime soon. 

Clarke, and McGahey if we ever see him have horrendous fitness issues from their time at Scunthorpe. They are not the sort of players with which you can build a consistent and reliable defence and will be more out than in all season long!!

We have a skilful set of midfielders who unfortunately just get pushed off the ball with ease and have absolutely nothing whatsoever up front as an outlet for them apart from a couple of promising youngsters who are still learning their trade.

Hope isn’t a goal threat at all and our only true striker of any quality, Dearnley is made of glass….he’s had 6 months including a full preseason to get fit and still can’t even get of the subs bench.

Even with a fully fit squad I cannot see any way we’re getting out of the bottom six and relegation is a real possibility!!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve yet to see what Hope brings to the team and DKD still flits in and out of the game. 

I took my friend yesterday who was not only weird enough to want to go (she’s a Geordie) but also enjoyed it, anyway at one point I muttered 

“Keillor-Dunne hopeless yet again” 

She asked whos that? I replied “number 10” her response?

”Oh I’d not noticed him” 

There's obviously still an unforgivable amount of team interference from unqualified people, but I would suggest the balance has shifted a bit back to the manager since the early days of ALMO.

Curle (or any manager) deserves a crack at the job without these people overseeing him, but to assume there's absolutely no input from the manager would be bonkers, because some have performed better than others (e.g Bunn was better than Dino, Everyone was better than Scholes 😆).

Got to say, I've not seen anything since he's been here to suggest Curle's still got the know-how to build a successful team at this level...

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I took my friend yesterday who was not only weird enough to want to go (she’s a Geordie) but also enjoyed it, anyway at one point I muttered 

“Keillor-Dunne hopeless yet again” 

She asked whos that? I replied “number 10” her response?

”Oh I’d not noticed him” 

Yeah I think Keillor-Dunne thinks he has made it. Curle once said last season some players think they are better than what they are . I suspect he was reffering to Keillor-Dunne. Could be a good player but needs to work harder and cut out the loose passes.

Just now, penrhyn said:

Yeah I think Keillor-Dunne thinks he has made it. Curle once said last season some players think they are better than what they are . I suspect he was reffering to Keillor-Dunne. Could be a good player but needs to work harder and cut out the loose passes.

Said that myself - his purple patch last season has grown his bollocks beyond his skill 

1 minute ago, penrhyn said:

His finishing and speed are decent, but the idea he's a midfielder is laughable.  He's our worst passer and our weakest tackler rolled into one.

Play him up front on the wing, or not at all.

3 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

More rumours?

I think AL called our Curle being the right choice for manager in the statement as he can't afford to sack him.

Knowing their track record on sacking managers and looking for a fall guy for bad management of the club, I think he'd be gone by now in usual times. I just don't think they have the cash to pay this one off this time.

Did well at Wigan got them playing some decent football fans liked him, worth a punt.. I wonder if Curle has vacated the building with this story coming out today... would I hang about knowing someone is being lined up?? Or canned yesterday?? 

Record looks a bit familiar;

In 2017, he was appointed manager of League One club Chesterfield on a one-year rolling contract, following the dismissal of Danny Wilson.[37] He was unable to prevent the club being relegated, and was sacked on 16 September after a bad start to the 2017–18 EFL League Two season.[38]

Caldwell was appointed manager of Scottish Championship club Partick Thistle in October 2018.[39] Thistle avoided relegation at the end of the 2018–19 season, but Caldwell was sacked in September 2019 as the club sat second-bottom of the 2019–20 Scottish Championship table.[40]

Just now, LaticMark said:

Less than 24 hours ago our Dear Leader wrote:

"I think Keith is a good Head Coach for us and has the right experience to help us do well in League Two"

Is this what was once called a chairman's 'vote of confidence'?

I mentioned recently he had that same broken man look in his interviews as previous managers before their departures, If he goes I have some sympathy as they have all been dealt bad hands by ALMo.

Unfortunately, the next manager will be dealt the worst hand of the lot. 

36 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"I think Keith is a good Head Coach for us and has the right experience to help us do well in League Two"

This is the key point, that hopefully doesn't get lost in amongst a bit of new manager excitement.  If this rumour is true he's just so full of shit it's unreal.  It's not hard to believe either given past behaviour.

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This is the key point, that hopefully doesn't get lost in amongst a bit of new manager excitement.  If this rumour is true he's just so full of shit it's unreal.  It's not hard to believe either given past behaviour.

Maybe he wrote it but didn't tell Mo?

45 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

I don't for a minute think AL wrote most of that letter. He may have given the jist of what he wanted to say, but someone else wrote it IMO. It could be Morallee, Evans or both.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Maybe he wrote it but didn't tell Mo?

Ha. Anything possible.  There's a good chance the rumour is just that, and we're all getting a bit excited over nothing.  Either way, I can't see much difference being made to our fortunes.

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Maybe Keef will get 'promoted' to Sporting Director to replace Mo - who will take charge of Latics' new tennis ball range!!

:pray:

Archived