4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Probably the anxiety of being only a couple of bad defensive mistakes away from the sack.

On the side of the coin- we’re a free hit from a managers point of view.  Make a few quid. No one will judge you for your spell with us. Better than being sat at home I suppose. 

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, League one forever said:

On the side of the coin- we’re a free hit from a managers point of view.  Make a few quid. No one will judge you for your spell with us. Better than being sat at home I suppose. 

I’m not quite sure we will be a free hit for any manager that manages to not stop us being relegated from this god-awful division.

On the flip side any manager that has a bit of success with us will get even more brownie points. 

Just listened to Curle’s interview post his COVID enforced absence.

Noticeable that Curle ducked the question from Mikey as to which players were available to him this weekend.

It would be nice to know if any of McGahey, Dearnley, Bowden, Hopcutt, Leutwiler, will be available 😮

He also looked rather uncomfortable and hesitant. There are only a limited amount of excuses he can regurgitate in his after match views.

Admittedly, he has his arms tied behind his back, we have injuries and several self inflicted omissions to an already poor sub standard squad.

However his close season recruitment policy was to sign, talkers, leaders, players with the right character and attitude to complement and improve the squad. 

If you include Walker, 8 of the 11 starting the match yesterday were Curle signings and I didn’t see too much evidence of any of that!!

Curle’s last remark was “Goals will come”

Thats 7 losses on the bounce now and  I just cannot see where a win is coming from…….

Losing at Sutton next week will probably be the tipping point for the few remaining fans still supporting these 🤡🤡’s

Like previous managers under this regime Curle appears to be at the end of his tether, and look what happened to them.

The owner and his brother are soul destroyers and don't even care about the effects on staff morale or welfare. Never known this in my 60+ years of supporting the club.

I'm of the opinion even if it means administration they have got to go to bring back the family atmosphere of old.

Never thought I'd say that until now.

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Like previous managers under this regime Curle appears to be at the end of his tether, and look what happened to them.

The owner and his brother are soul destroyers and don't even care about the effects on staff morale or welfare. Never known this in my 60+ years at supporting the club.

I'm of the opinion even if it means administration they have got to go to bring back the family atmosphere of old.

Never thought I'd say that until now.

Curle looked a broken man in that interview.

Very sad, manager after manager broken.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

He also looked rather uncomfortable and hesitant. There are only a limited amount of excuses he can regurgitate in his after match views.

Admittedly, he has his arms tied behind his back, we have injuries and several self inflicted omissions to an already poor sub standard squad.

However his close season recruitment policy was to sign, talkers, leaders, players with the right character and attitude to complement and improve the squad. 

If you include Walker, 8 of the 11 starting the match yesterday were Curle signings and I didn’t see too much evidence of any of that!!

Curle’s last remark was “Goals will come”

Thats 7 losses on the bounce now and  I just cannot see where a win is coming from…….

Losing at Sutton next week will probably be the tipping point for the few remaining fans still supporting these 🤡🤡’s

He is unlucky most of his main 11 aren’t available. I think once they are we will start to pick up points. However, do not agree his arms are tied behind his back or he’s not accountable. The budget is ok, he has picked these players the results are on him 100%. I think he will know he can’t keep losing but there’s no way other clubs will look at it and say it wasnt his fault, he’ll know it will damage his career. Not been a good start but no need to panic we will turn a corner soon 

Just now, Careca9 said:

He is unlucky most of his main 11 aren’t available. I think once they are we will start to pick up points. However, do not agree his arms are tied behind his back or he’s not accountable. The budget is ok, he has picked these players the results are on him 100%. I think he will know he can’t keep losing but there’s no way other clubs will look at it and say it wasnt his fault, he’ll know it will damage his career. Not been a good start but no need to panic we will turn a corner soon 

2 yesses needed for every signing. Curle and Mo. So he’s not 100% to blame for the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Sorry but if you genuinely believe that you are completely deluded. 

How many managers do we have to go through before it sinks in that the manager isn't the problem.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Exactly what I said about HKs last interview.

Well maybe the writing is on the wall.

Looking back over recent managers, the likes of Scholes and Bunn should have been part of great stories, sadly the two clowns even ruined the dream of Scholes playing a part in the club.

As for Bunn, he should never have been sacked, absolutel crazy.

What a mess, it wasn't great before these two came along but they sure have put a few more nails in the coffin.

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Sorry but if you genuinely believe that you are completely deluded. 

How many managers do we have to go through before it sinks in that the manager isn't the problem.

Your mixing up the arguments here. I’m not saying long term the club is being run as well as it can. However, your making it sound like he has no chance and isn’t at all responsible for us being bottom atm. Wake up, these are his signings, the budget isn’t great but def workable and he’s had time to get them in and get points from game 1 this season. The signings have not been found by mo and pushed through against his will. This is curle’s team, curle’s tactics. Just because u don’t like the owners does not give curle a free hit. I don’t see the fact we are bottom being on mo here. Even with other owners the budget would be similar and with curle in charge we’d likely have the same squad as we do now. However, like I said just a poor start I think we will start to turn it round in next few weeks

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Your mixing up the arguments here. I’m not saying long term the club is being run as well as it can. However, your making it sound like he has no chance and isn’t at all responsible for us being bottom atm. Wake up, these are his signings, the budget isn’t great but def workable and he’s had time to get them in and get points from game 1 this season. The signings have not been found by mo and pushed through against his will. This is curle’s team, curle’s tactics. Just because u don’t like the owners does not give curle a free hit. I don’t see the fact we are bottom being on mo here. Even with other owners the budget would be similar and with curle in charge we’d likely have the same squad as we do now. However, like I said just a poor start I think we will start to turn it round in next few weeks

He can't play 2 of his most important summer signings due to a transfer embargo which has been caused by the owner and his brother that is hampering the team on the pitch that is literally having your hands tied. It's the owners fault we are bottom.of league 2.

Aslong as he doesn't take us down he gets a free hit from me and that includes being bottom of the league now, even if we did go down I would still be holding the owner and his brother far more responsible than him.

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He can't play 2 of his most important summer signings due to a transfer embargo which has been caused by the owner and his brother that is hampering the team on the pitch that is literally having your hands tied. It's the owners fault we are bottom.of league 2.

Aslong as he doesn't take us down he gets a free hit from me and that includes being bottom of the league now, even if we did go down I would still be holding the owner and his brother far more responsible than him.

He’s had enough time and a budget good enough to work with to get points in league 2. 0 points so far is poor 

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Doubt if McGahey would be in team anyway based on his pre season performances.

As for Leutwiler he probably wouldn't have made much difference with the wide open defence.

The problem is head in the sand Curle has stuck to an unsuitable formation. Don't think I've mentioned that before.😄

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

The budget is ok, he has picked these players the results are on him 100%.

59 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Wake up, these are his signings,

This is curle’s team,

You keep saying this- and it’s just not true. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

2 yesses needed for every signing. Curle and Mo. So he’s not 100% to blame for the squad. 

As NZ says- each has a veto on each other. 

So it’s Mo and Curle’s team. 

He can’t play two of the main signings, because of appalling admin- is that his fault as well? 

No question results are poor, and if it carries on -he’ll go. But let’s not keep making things up. 

Although Curle and Mo have to agree on signings, if Mo says no, that's it. How many other players would KC have wanted, but Mo puts a block on it? The transfer embargo has buggered things up good and proper, limiting the players we can attract because of contract length and permitted wage. That's not down to KC; it's the responsibility of AL, Mo and probably Evans as well. So yes, Curle has got his hands tied behind his back. Or at least one of them.

Make no mistake about it, the club may have been a mess before, but these two charlatans have plunged it ever deeper and are carrying on doing so. They will never learn; they cannot be seen to be getting it wrong. It is always going to be someone else's fault. We'll have a whole new bunch of grounds to visit next season if they don't ride off into the sunset.

30 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Although Curle and Mo have to agree on signings, if Mo says no, that's it. How many other players would KC have wanted, but Mo puts a block on it? The transfer embargo has buggered things up good and proper, limiting the players we can attract because of contract length and permitted wage. That's not down to KC; it's the responsibility of AL, Mo and probably Evans as well. So yes, Curle has got his hands tied behind his back. Or at least one of them.

Make no mistake about it, the club may have been a mess before, but these two charlatans have plunged it ever deeper and are carrying on doing so. They will never learn; they cannot be seen to be getting it wrong. It is always going to be someone else's fault. We'll have a whole new bunch of grounds to visit next season if they don't ride off into the sunset.

Loan taken because we've no money. That's because crowds are shit. That's because the football is shit and has been long since before AL & MO. It started a long time ago

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Loan taken because we've no money. That's because crowds are shit. That's because the football is shit and has been long since before AL & MO. It started a long time ago

Clubs have been promoted from this division with lower crowds than us. Attendances are not the prime reason for our failures. 

Discussing Curle is really irrelevant, whichever captain you have steering the ship will fail because Mo the CUNT keeps hold of the rudder, it really is that simple, we've had a succession of okay managers who have failed the problem is far more greater.

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Well the crowds and football are are shittest they've ever been. 

It was shit well before these owners came in granted, but at a stagnant level that should have been a base to build on. Now we're a whole division+ worse than that in the relatively short period they've been in charge.

And we're more skint than ever, with a reputation where very few few people want to help us out.

And that's these owners' fault and these owners only. 

He’s had enough time and a budget good enough to work with to get points in league 2. 0 points so far is poor 

A budget which sees us under transfer embargo. Come on you are giving the owners excuses here.

We keep changing managers and players and nothing gets better.

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Maybe so…..but it has never been as bad as it is now and it’s likely to get much worse!

AL’s obviously got money but apparently has lost interest….he should never have bought the club in the first place!

Corney recognised the opportunity to sell it for at much as possible and along came the mug from Morocco!!

The tide has now turned and the toxic atmosphere amongst fans is only going to get worse, much worse!!

Unfortunately, I think Curle & and his coaching staff will be gone soon along with, hopefully, fingers crossed, the Lemmies not too long after!

25 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Bollocks. That doesn’t follow logically. Swindon basically get double our crowds and took the loan, whereas clubs with much smaller followings turned it down. Besides that, every club has had to contend with 0 attendances for the last 18 months. 

We took the loan because of financial mismanagement throughout Abdallah’s ownership. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Doubt if McGahey would be in team anyway based on his pre season performances.

As for Leutwiler he probably wouldn't have made much difference with the wide open defence.

The problem is head in the sand Curle has stuck to an unsuitable formation. Don't think I've mentioned that before.😄

One can only wonder about the hundreds of lives that would have been saved if the deck chairs on the titanic had been arranged in a perfect 4-4-2 formation offering balance on both starboard and port sides.

On a serious note he's signed those players to play in the 3-5-2. 2 of the most important parts of that defence currently can't play we currently have no proper striker available either never-ending 2 who can play up.the middle. Their is no evidence that shifting to 4-4-2 will solve anything.

Archived