• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a big result for him last night, gives a bit of confidence. Have to say I was pleased to see him revert to a back 4. Shows he’s adaptable as all u read is that he plays a 3 at the back so was expecting him to keep that up no matter the results 

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

Was a big result for him last night, gives a bit of confidence. Have to say I was pleased to see him revert to a back 4. Shows he’s adaptable as all u read is that he plays a 3 at the back so was expecting him to keep that up no matter the results 

Problem is he keeps starting with it and changes in the 2nd half.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I blame the owners for this mess, I also hold Curle accountable. By all accounts he’s had the most success in terms of not having outside interference and being able to pick his own squad, and frankly it’s shocking. I have as much faith in the bloke as I do the owners, none!

8 minutes ago, daniel said:

As much as I blame the owners for this mess, I also hold Curle accountable. By all accounts he’s had the most success in terms of not having outside interference and being able to pick his own squad, and frankly it’s shocking. I have as much faith in the bloke as I do the owners, none!

He may well have more control over team selection but when you are limited to offering one year contracts at £800pw this is what you get. 

And has Brexit scuppered the French sixth division supply chain? 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He may well have more control over team selection but when you are limited to offering one year contracts at £800pw this is what you get. 

And has Brexit scuppered the French sixth division supply chain? 

stop giving him a free ride. His record with the same team as kewell wasn’t great either. Unlucky 6 out but he hasn’t made us more solid and he’s taken away the attacking threat. He’s not doing very well and u can’t blame it all on the owners. In fact with the 6th div french players other managers got better results 

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

stop giving him a free ride. His record with the same team as kewell wasn’t great either. Unlucky 6 out but he hasn’t made us more solid and he’s taken away the attacking threat. He’s not doing very well and u can’t blame it all on the owners. In fact with the 6th div french players other managers got better results 

I'm not giving him any sort of ride as his role is irrelevant 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm not giving him any sort of ride as his role is irrelevant 

morecambe got promoted with a smaller budget, never mind stayed up. He’s got enough control of the footballing side and wouldn’t be hanging around if he hasn’t been given a fair crack at it. He set out his requirements pre-season before signing his contract and obv the club managed to show him enough to sign 

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

morecambe got promoted with a smaller budget, never mind stayed up. He’s got enough control of the footballing side and wouldn’t be hanging around if he hasn’t been given a fair crack at it. He set out his requirements pre-season before signing his contract and obv the club managed to show him enough to sign 

You're in denial. 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

Denial of what? That curle has absolutely no control of team, selection, formation. That is 100% not happening.  Like I said, stop giving him a free ride 

Some of this is guesswork. Yes, Morecambe succeeded with a small budget but I'd reckon they had loads of stuff that we don't have.

Continuity 

Solid support structure 

Good infrastructure 

High morale

Growing supporter base

Positive atmosphere 

Up to date facilities 

etc. 

We have none of these things

He plainly stated the type of player he wanted to recruit. As far as I'm aware he got his choices within a budget. The players are not performing for him. I am all for giving him a chance but his time is just about up. Yes I know the next manager will still have to deal with the clowns but Curly's performance is piss poor. He would be sacked at any club.

3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

All Curles backroom team, and  the building of the new squad is curles , so on that basis KC should be judged on what we are currently witnessing on the field...Shocking.

One. Year. Contracts. Eight. Hundred. Pounds. A. Week. 

No. Chance. 

Archived