8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

One can only wonder about the hundreds of lives that would have been saved if the deck chairs on the titanic had been arranged in a perfect 4-4-2 formation offering balance on both starboard and port sides.

On a serious note he's signed those players to play in the 3-5-2. 2 of the most important parts of that defence currently can't play we currently have no proper striker available either never-ending 2 who can play up.the middle. Their is no evidence that shifting to 4-4-2 will solve anything.

And I can only wonder at your rank manners in dealing out sarcastic insults.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

One can only wonder about the hundreds of lives that would have been saved if the deck chairs on the titanic had been arranged in a perfect 4-4-2 formation offering balance on both starboard and port sides.

It would still have sank and many more hundreds would have wasted time balancing the deck chairs 🤣

Sorry - I’m both a Titanic geek and bored 🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bollocks. That doesn’t follow logically. Swindon basically get double our crowds and took the loan, whereas clubs with much smaller followings turned it down. Besides that, every club has had to contend with 0 attendances for the last 18 months. 

We took the loan because of financial mismanagement throughout Abdallah’s ownership. 

Stick to calling people scabs, you've been doing a great job

5 hours ago, Careca9 said:

He is unlucky most of his main 11 aren’t available. I think once they are we will start to pick up points. However, do not agree his arms are tied behind his back or he’s not accountable. The budget is ok, he has picked these players the results are on him 100%. I think he will know he can’t keep losing but there’s no way other clubs will look at it and say it wasnt his fault, he’ll know it will damage his career. Not been a good start but no need to panic we will turn a corner soon 

An extraordinary post. Absolutely extraordinary. 

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

An extraordinary post. Absolutely extraordinary. 

This is where we differ then. How u can take blame off the manager is beyond me. Curle is clearly a proud man, with plenty of experience in the game, if he hasn’t been given a fair crack he’d have already resigned. He’s not been helped with not being there and I’m sure he’ll sort it but it hasn’t been a good run under him so far 

55 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

This is where we differ then. How u can take blame off the manager is beyond me. Curle is clearly a proud man, with plenty of experience in the game, if he hasn’t been given a fair crack he’d have already resigned. He’s not been helped with not being there and I’m sure he’ll sort it but it hasn’t been a good run under him so far 

Someone disagreeing with you saying “the results are on him 100%” does not mean they think it’s 0%.

11 hours ago, Careca9 said:

He is unlucky most of his main 11 aren’t available. I think once they are we will start to pick up points. However, do not agree his arms are tied behind his back or he’s not accountable. The budget is ok, he has picked these players the results are on him 100%. I think he will know he can’t keep losing but there’s no way other clubs will look at it and say it wasnt his fault, he’ll know it will damage his career. Not been a good start but no need to panic we will turn a corner soon 

This evening, I have been reliably informed our playing budget in this division is 23rd highest out of 24!!

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

This evening, I have been reliably informed our playing budget in this division is 23rd highest out of 24!!

I have no problem believing it might be true but who could possibly know the budget of all 24 clubs? 

17 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Stick to calling people scabs, you've been doing a great job

You're as bad by making out the fans who don't attend have contributed to our current situation.

Why don't we all stop pointing the finger at each other.

15 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Do you know if it was clear that the he would be under an embargo when he took the job? If not then clearly he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Do you know if it was clear that the he would be under an embargo when he took the job? If not then clearly he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. 

Does a fair crack of the whip include trying to play a style of football more suited to better players, e.g. constantly playing it out from the back instead of mixing it up, or playing with a back three when we don't even have one good centre half, or playing a centre forward more remote than a polar bear?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

What tis 'an Oldham manager'? 

The modern Oldham fan doesn't like straight talking, they like a bluffer/blagger in the Lee Johnson mould.

Keef's brand of football is only palatable if you are winning, if not then you are in trouble.

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The modern Oldham fan doesn't like straight talking, they like a bluffer/blagger in the Lee Johnson mould.

Keef's brand of football is only palatable if you are winning, if not then you are in trouble.

So in the last few years we have tried:

Experienced manager/club legend

First timer, well respected ex-player

Ex player from legendary period/highly experienced coach but first time manager

Rookie promoted from within, no experience at senior level

All time great midfielder, local lad, club supporter

See two lines above

Complete unknown in this country, some experience abroad

Experienced lower league player and manager, some relative success in terms of the club involved

Former top level players, some lower league management experience

Former top level player with years of lower league management experience including winning promotion

Meanwhile Johnson has 'blagged' his way to appointments in higher divisions including (currently) at the biggest club in the two lower leagues and although he hasn't quite struck gold yet he hasn't really failed in any of those jobs.  

Archived