8 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't call it promising when he's only aiming for the top 10, and if lucky may creep into the playoffs.

Lets be realistic here, if Keith came out and said we are aiming to go up  automatic/ champions he would have been laughed at , he's  managing expectations. He will know what his squad is capable of this season, he's not just going feed  us any old bull just for the sake of keeping us happy.. I think he's being realistic. 

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Lets be realistic here, if Keith came out and said we are aiming to go up  automatic/ champions he would have been laughed at , he's  managing expectations. He will know what his squad is capable of this season, he's not just going feed  us any old bull just for the sake of keeping us happy.. I think he's being realistic. 

Latics fans don't generally do realism.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

But the majority of our recent loan signings have been our stand out players 

Yes of course, I don't mind one or two in there but it seems like half our first team are usually loanees who go back to their parent club and leave us to rebuild from scratch every year. We need to build solid foundations around our own players instead of starting again every summer. 

12 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

I think a playoff spot is a realistic target I think we will finish 12th 

If this team gets into the play offs you can build a statue of Keith Curle. 

This side does have a few competent players, and one player with abit of stardust for this level in Bahamboula.

But 

It's got nowhere near the depth required to challenge at the top end of even this league.

Pretty convinced that Corned Beef doesn't like Bahamboula as much as the rest of us do; he didn't quite say it but he highlighted many weaknesses that he thinks he has. Curle came across well but I have been stung by these events in the past with Dickov, Johnson, Kelly, Bunn, Wellens, Wild, Dino so I am still very sceptical. He maintained he had full control, but then let slip a few things that still indicate the SD is heavily involved behind the scenes (which, of course, you would expect from a SD). Bit concerned that he said we "comfortably" have a bottom half budget for this division. He also said we didn't score enough from set pieces last season; I checked and we scored the third highest. 

Promotion beckons. Highlight of the day was getting the new shirt for £16.09...

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Pretty convinced that Corned Beef doesn't like Bahamboula as much as the rest of us do; he didn't quite say it but he highlighted many weaknesses that he thinks he has. Curle came across well but I have been stung by these events in the past with Dickov, Johnson, Kelly, Bunn, Wellens, Wild, Dino so I am still very sceptical. He maintained he had full control, but then let slip a few things that still indicate the SD is heavily involved behind the scenes (which, of course, you would expect from a SD). Bit concerned that he said we "comfortably" have a bottom half budget for this division. He also said we didn't score enough from set pieces last season; I checked and we scored the third highest. 

I wonder if he's noticed the weaknesses of all the other players!!!

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

£16.09!! How you manage that?

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm not convinced that "Head Coaches" today have "Full Control" of all areas of squads, budgets etc etc. I think those days are over tbh.. 

Guest Stanley30

Although we've been slow (to say the least) in finalising recruitment, I think curle is putting together a good core of English players that know the division and buy into his philosophy. I'm reasonably positive and think we should finish top half with the potential loan signings. I can't really be bothered getting too involved in the Off field stuff as I'm only really interested in the on field as not that committed to the club. However, so far we look okay and if we can add a couple of decent centre mid options I'm looking forward to some good away days :)

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Forgive me for asking, but what's this Corned Beef malarkey all about? All seems to be wearing a bit thin to me. An attempt at Cockney rhyming slang, perhaps?

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

I'm not convinced that "Head Coaches" today have "Full Control" of all areas of squads, budgets etc etc. I think those days are over tbh.. 

True. Which makes it important to have a high calibre person in the SD/DoF position. 

On 8/3/2021 at 8:49 PM, Bristolatic said:

Forgive me for asking, but what's this Corned Beef malarkey all about? All seems to be wearing a bit thin to me. An attempt at Cockney rhyming slang, perhaps?

I've known 3 Keith's in my time and all have been known as Corned Beef. Will continue to call it Curle until he is sacked in February. Please feel free to use the ignore button...

Just now, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I've known 3 Keith's in my time and all have been known as Corned Beef. Will continue to call it Curle until he is sacked in February. Please feel free to use the ignore button...

I'm used to rhyming slang, but I'd never heard that one, so it made no sense to me at the time. No offence, Paddy, no ignore button needed.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, redlion said:

It can't be just me thats noticed KC scratching himself for some time now and that HK regularly did the same. Could it be due to fleas at BP ? Could these fleas be circus fleas ? 😀.

Richie Wellens was dreadful for it - surprised his neck didn’t bleed 

27 minutes ago, redlion said:

It can't be just me thats noticed KC scratching himself for some time now and that HK regularly did the same. Could it be due to fleas at BP ? Could these fleas be circus fleas ? 😀.

Probably the anxiety of being only a couple of bad defensive mistakes away from the sack.

Archived