44 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

To be fair, on Saturday there was a loud "we play in blue and tangerine" song going round as Orient scored their first, and straight after the goal the singing only got louder for quite a long time as well.  And after a big balls up in the corner near us where Hope miscontrolled it out of play or something, I saw lots of fans at the front shouting encouragement to them all. 

100%
Almost no overt criticism of the players or getting on their backs on Saturday despite it being one of the most inept displays I have ever seen from an Oldham team

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Interesting how many long runs of defeats he has presided over. Sort of makes you worry that he can “loose the changing room”. 

Can he really manage to stop this terrible run of defeats?  I guess the question is, can anybody?

He is a stick in the mud and wont change no matter how bad it's going, that isn't good IMO.

I've said all season his formation is unbalanced, but have been shot down on here, There's no way I'd have Clarke and Jamieson in a back 3 or 3 defensive midfielders all playing central.  

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

100%
Almost no overt criticism of the players or getting on their backs on Saturday despite it being one of the most inept displays I have ever seen from an Oldham team

It couldn’t have been worse than our performance at Bristol surely?

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He is a stick in the mud and wont change no matter how bad it's going, that isn't good IMO.

I've said all season his formation is unbalanced, but have been shot down on here, There's no way I'd have Clarke and Jamieson in a back 3 or 3 defensive midfielders all playing central.  

The first goal on Saturday says it all and backs up your argument, their lad was in acres of space when he got the ball.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Jameson seemed to be playing more or less left back against Barrow with Fage and Adams both on the right - even with players missing this was ridiculous.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Our league position is so desperate, I wouldn't be averse to taking a totally short term view for the rest of the season and appoint a manager that has a track record of avoiding relegation. Someone who can come in and teach this group how to kick and foul and hoof their way to enough 1-0 wins to finish 22nd.  No potency up front, no influence or control in midfield and no leadership and organisation at the back, with no real sign that any of this will be addressed in January. We are in serious trouble.

To be honest, having seen Curle's teams when he was at Carlisle, Mansfield and County, this is exactly what I thought he'd bring to us - cynical, hard to watch but hard to beat.

I even think Curle could set the team up to play like that now.

I don't know why we are so afraid of tackling, getting in people's faces, taking a shot from distance.  We just look either scared or uninterested.

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Having been to both I'd say it probably was.

Having just seen the highlights you’re probably right😳

The third goal where 2 players got in the way of each other was ridiculous and the defensive shape for the first two was was non existent!!

Curle is unbelievably sticking up for his players….if I was overseeing this sorry lot, contract or no contract I would have walked away by now.

I’ve  never seen a poorer and more disorganised squad in all my time watching Latics!!!!

59 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Jameson seemed to be playing more or less left back against Barrow with Fage and Adams both on the right - even with players missing this was ridiculous.

Correct, it is ridiculous, just what does Curle think he's doing leaving the left flank in particular wide open? Just look at Orient's opening goal for example.

Kewell's teams were dysfunctional, Curle's just defy all logic.

As some know (this is for new readers) my formation would be a basic 442. Even with the players at his disposal this would work far better IMO.

18 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

To be honest, having seen Curle's teams when he was at Carlisle, Mansfield and County, this is exactly what I thought he'd bring to us - cynical, hard to watch but hard to beat.

I don't know why we are so afraid of tackling, getting in people's faces, taking a shot from distance.  We just look either scared or uninterested.

For a start you have 2 loanees who don't look interested or want anything to do with the physical side of the game, same with DKD and Hope.

Curle said no player is guaranteed a place, but that's now all looking like interview talk.

19 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

We’re not exactly hard to beat.

24 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

No, I don't buy the whole "Curle is trying to get himself sacked" conspiracy theory.  He's been seeing up his teams line this for ten years.

He has surely had far better players at his disposal who would effectively perform the setup much better.

I mean not just Curle, but the players as well. 

As @BP1960correctly states, the setup is all out of whack

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

100%

I don't think most care, the ones who do probably can't wait to be taken on by other clubs in January. The  2 loanees aren't suitable for this clubs predicament, strangely they will probably do much better next season in a higher division. Lowe being an example of when he was here.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I don't think most care, the ones who do probably can't wait to be taken on by other clubs in January. The  2 loanees aren't suitable for this clubs predicament, strangely they will probably do much better next season in a higher division. Lowe being an example of when he was here.

Unfortunately that's what we get when we can't pay for a loanee.

Personally I don't think any club should have to pay for an u23 player. The club loaning them out is getting the benefit of the experience the player gets, and should pay a club to take them on.

7 hours ago, hillside blue said:

The first goal on Saturday says it all and backs up your argument, their lad was in acres of space when he got the ball.

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Having just seen the highlights you’re probably right😳

The third goal where 2 players got in the way of each other was ridiculous and the defensive shape for the first two was was non existent!!

Curle is unbelievably sticking up for his players….if I was overseeing this sorry lot, contract or no contract I would have walked away by now.

I’ve  never seen a poorer and more disorganised squad in all my time watching Latics!!!!

Just watched the “lowlights” and… well…

just wow 

It’s not entirely his fault but he has to take some responsibility for this absolute shite. That’s 12 goals conceded in 4 games without reply. I really don’t know what difference it will make but Curle out…ABSOLUTELY!!!

Archived