• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PeteG said:

So Curle has 1 promotion on his CV but you forget to mention he's also got 3 relegations on his CV. I'm not sure Kewells time at Crawley was abject failure given they finished 14th and last season with us certainly wasn't a total failure actually and no doubt he was improving the side. Notts County was a failure no doubt however they got considerably worse after he left. Stop making Curle out to be some modern day Warnock who gets every team he manages promotion, it's happened once!

Erm, he didn't say that.

Anyway, KC's now got the job, and somehow we're finding the money to re-lay the pitch. Let's get behind him and hope for better times.

Just watched his interview. Why is it that we never have an interviewer that can ask the right questions? Ever? Askin pointless questions like has it helped that you are already here to prepare for pre season. Why not ask things like whats mcaleny doin, whats the stance on bahamboula? 

5 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Just watched his interview. Why is it that we never have an interviewer that can ask the right questions? Ever? Askin pointless questions like has it helped that you are already here to prepare for pre season. Why not ask things like whats mcaleny doin, whats the stance on bahamboula? 

Also I wish he’d stop starting every sentence with “like I/you say” when neither he or anyone before has said it 

Almost as much as Curle starting with 

“again” every time 

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Also I wish he’d stop starting every sentence with “like I/you say” when neither he or anyone before has said it 

Almost as much as Curle starting with 

“again” every time 

KC likes his jigsaw analogies, hope he doesn't try to fit any square pegs in round holes

4 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I would be surprised Joe but we can but hope   

I would be shocked as well, but we haven't lost a game for a couple of weeks so the crushing pessimism that follows me around has started to lift...

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

North Korean propaganda.  Easy and non-challenging questions.  Whoever posed the questions asked the same one about 16 different times albeit slightly reworded.  I miss Big Gordy who wasn’t afraid to ask a difficult question in a playful way.

Get KC on the next BPAS Podcast asking him if he’s recruiting & selecting, McAleny, how does Bahamboula fit in formations, what’s budget like?  I doubt we’d get answers but if it’s all abridged then what’s the point of a fans forum??

21 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Better than mine at Wembley? How very dare you sir... 

Art's version is weird. It's supposed to be a joke. Dear me. 

I only remember upto Neil Pointons goal the rest of that game has been erased from my mind.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I only remember upto Neil Pointons goal the rest of that game has been erased from my mind.

See- PTSD. You've blocked it out. You're in denial. There's no solution. Forget therapy. Alcohol helps to block it out, for a while.

18 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I said at the start of last season whoever the manager is doesn't matter and Im sticking with it. Even if they have full autonomy over signings. The budget he will get given will be pitiful. You can get promotion out of this division on a small budget as Morecambe or Newport will show but for that to work you need all the other stuff to work behind the scenes. Coaching, scouting and imbedded philosophy so everyone knows their job.

If you want a manager to make a difference you have to give him some backing over and some time. Even if a few of the signings don't workout or we hit a bad run of form and we get grumblings in the stands or on social media.

None of these things will happen so Im just indifferent if Curle gets the gig or not.

@deyres42

Archived