• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Would much rather we had a "manager" than a "Head Coach". It's probably just a coincidence, but Bolton's season transformed when they changed their model and made Evatt manager instead of HC...

Hear hear! I know people will say what's in a name and does it really matter if he gets results? It bloody well does! 😀

17 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Just watched his interview. Why is it that we never have an interviewer that can ask the right questions? Ever? Askin pointless questions like has it helped that you are already here to prepare for pre season. Why not ask things like whats mcaleny doin, whats the stance on bahamboula? 

Listen to it again, KC gives you plenty of clues, especially were he says he is not afraid to speak his mind. I like him, if the owners start messing him about I have no doubt he will tell them, even to the point walking away.

I do feel the owners are now aware that their way did not work and have taken note.

31 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Listen to it again, KC gives you plenty of clues, especially were he says he is not afraid to speak his mind. I like him, if the owners start messing him about I have no doubt he will tell them, even to the point walking away.

I do feel the owners are now aware that their way did not work and have taken note.

Only taken them 3years - fucking idiots

27 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

I know a former premier league strike who had a few run ins with Curle.

He says he is an awful man, rude, arrogant and opinionated, now this lad who says this is a lovely fella.

Now i know this might be his biased opinion because of their issues as ex players but I can see that in Curle.

But I also believe its a good think for us to have someone like that whose not scared to put those two muppets in their place.

Yes his style might get him sacked but it may also have the oppisite effect and they may listen for once.

28 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I know a former premier league strike who had a few run ins with Curle.

He says he is an awful man, rude, arrogant and opinionated, now this lad who says this is a lovely fella.

Now i know this might be his biased opinion because of their issues as ex players but I can see that in Curle.

But I also believe its a good think for us to have someone like that whose not scared to put those two muppets in their place.

Yes his style might get him sacked but it may also have the oppisite effect and they may listen for once.

the 'guy you know' sounds like a right soft cunt.

1 hour ago, hillside blue said:

The only way things will change is if they have downed tools. I suspected that might have been the case but, after hearing Corned Beef's interview, it sounds like Mo is still very heavily involved...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The only way things will change is if they have downed tools. I suspected that might have been the case but, after hearing Corned Beef's interview, it sounds like Mo is still very heavily involved...

Abdallah may well have downed tools or be prepared to but until they sell the club or go into admin there is absolutely no way Mo will down tools. If he doesn't get involved in first team affairs with the head coach he has absolutely nothing to do to fill his time on a day to day basis. Trust me, he won't be able to stay out of anything whilst he's here.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Abdallah may well have downed tools or be prepared to but until they sell the club or go into admin there is absolutely no way Mo will down tools. If he doesn't get involved in first team affairs with the head coach he has absolutely nothing to do to fill his time on a day to day basis. Trust me, he won't be able to stay out of anything whilst he's here.

Strange you've only recently changed your view on this since your pals had his nose put out of joint, why wasn't you raising these concerns over three years ago when a couple of us were getting shouted down on here for saying it how it is, are you the new 'agenda lad'? 

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Strange you've only recently changed your view on this since your pals had his nose put out of joint, why wasn't you raising these concerns over three years ago when a couple of us were getting shouted down on here for saying it how it is, are you the new 'agenda lad'? 

My pals have had their nose put out? I can assure you that has happened one bit.

5 hours ago, hillside blue said:

Are you sure? 

He says a couple of times "The players I sign". The corrects himself to "The players the club sign".

Some of the players will be brought in as trialists by Mo for KC and him to check on. Not sure that's the best way to progress.

Curle is in a no lose as head coach, if we fail which is 90% certain they wont be his signings and his hands were tied, if we succeed he will take all the credit. Taking the responsibility away by appointing coaches instead of managers will probably lead to more failure, why can't Abdallah just swallow his pride for once and appoint a manager who does actually have full autonomy and fuck his brother of for the good of the football club, his brother has had a good few years now and it has been an unmitigated disaster, surely he isn't that thick?

42 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Are you sure? 

He says a couple of times "The players I sign". The corrects himself to "The players the club sign".

Some of the players will be brought in as trialists by Mo for KC and him to check on. Not sure that's the best way to progress.

Bit disappointed to hear this .....Curle possibly toeing the party line, was hoping that he would be more assertive, maybe he will be in actually assessing Mo's triallists.

10 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Bit disappointed to hear this .....Curle possibly toeing the party line, was hoping that he would be more assertive, maybe he will be in actually assessing Mo's triallists.

If he’s got any brains at all he’s hardly going to give it the bolshy take in an interview. Play nice for the cameras and apply pressure behind the scenes makes much more sense. 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Are you sure? 

So absolutely nothing will change. 

Surprise Surprise. 

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Why anyone would ever expect differently under this ownership amazes me. The same people are in charge. Does anyone really expect their employees to rise up and revolt? 

Hoping Crusoe, not expecting. Curle comes with a reputation of being his own man......I will reserve judgement. 

We all hope that ALMO will plot a different course because we all really want to get behind the club but not for me as it stands at the minute until proved different       

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Why anyone would ever expect differently under this ownership amazes me. The same people are in charge. Does anyone really expect their employees to rise up and revolt? 

I don’t expect, but the time it took to get it signed and the length of the deal suggested he has being listened to more than most. 

Unfortunately it’s non of the above. It’s just Curly has managed to bag himself a decent pay off. 

Archived