3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Curle is in a no lose as head coach, if we fail which is 90% certain they wont be his signings and his hands were tied, if we succeed he will take all the credit. Taking the responsibility away by appointing coaches instead of managers will probably lead to more failure, why can't Abdallah just swallow his pride for once and appoint a manager who does actually have full autonomy and fuck his brother of for the good of the football club, his brother has had a good few years now and it has been an unmitigated disaster, surely he isn't that thick?

Yes he is, he really is this thick!

Im not sure why anyone would think hes going to learn anything. Or that next season will be any different.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, maybe he is. Maybe he’s laid down the law a bit more in private. But he’s never going to say it in public any more than I’d crow about managing my boss. 

I hope for more but don’t expect it. However many years of dampened expectations has turned me into this bitter twisted creature you see before you…

11 hours ago, Crusoe said:

If he’s got any brains at all he’s hardly going to give it the bolshy take in an interview. Play nice for the cameras and apply pressure behind the scenes makes much more sense. 

That hasn’t worked for previous coaches. Why will it work for KC?

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

That hasn’t worked for previous coaches. Why will it work for KC?

I agree with you. Just saying it’s a more likely approach than publically disagreeing with your boss’ approach to recruitment. 

Honestly don't think the level of interference is as high as it once was. Barry said in the podcast that Kewell was told he had to pick certain players every week, but he was making 6/7 changes to the team most weeks - I can't think of anyone that was picked every week apart from Lawlor. Curle himself chose to drop Bahamboula early in to his reign (sackable offence in itself) and I am reliably informed that he has had FULL AUTONOMY so far...

Irrespective of whether you believe that Curle is the right man for the job he is now the head coach. The first to be in charge at the end of the season and also at the start of the new season since Lee Johnson.

He has had two months to get to know the club and speaks in glowing terms of how there is a good infrastructure in place. 

He has had two months to see the playing staff in training and in match situations and has had input into which out of contract players should leave. To a certain extent his hands are tied as the contracted players were in place before he came on board, but he will have had input to the professional deals handed out to the three Academy players this week.

If we accept that budget restrictions will be a huge factor in the level of footballer the club can bring in its now down to him to ensure that he has the final word as to which individuals are brought in. He will have to work with a smaller squad but rather quality over quantity.

He has a full preseason to work with the squad and only then can we judge if he is the right man for the job. He knows what he is letting himself in for - I wish him every success.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Honestly don't think the level of interference is as high as it once was. Barry said in the podcast that Kewell was told he had to pick certain players every week, but he was making 6/7 changes to the team most weeks - I can't think of anyone that was picked every week apart from Lawlor. Curle himself chose to drop Bahamboula early in to his reign (sackable offence in itself) and I am reliably informed that he has had FULL AUTONOMY so far...

What are your thoughts on Curle's involvement in recruitment? I accept Mo will have a role in identifying and presenting options to Curle (although he's clearly shit at it), but will Curle get final say on who is signed?

Almost 3000 have now signed the PTB petition and whilst it’s not entirely just for football reasons and is also down to every thing else going on behind the scenes at the club.

If, (and it’s a big if) Curle could get a half decent squad together and then manage to win our opening 6 games of next season.....would it, should it, make any difference to our thinking?

21 hours ago, PeteG said:

Abdallah may well have downed tools or be prepared to but until they sell the club or go into admin there is absolutely no way Mo will down tools. If he doesn't get involved in first team affairs with the head coach he has absolutely nothing to do to fill his time on a day to day basis. Trust me, he won't be able to stay out of anything whilst he's here.

Hasn't Al been stuck in Dubai because of Covid Restrictions on flying? I believe Mo & Karl Evans have running the club in Al absence. 

12 minutes ago, astottie said:

The first to be in charge at the end of the season and also at the start of the new season since Lee Johnson.

That is staggering. Let's hope its still true come August. 

John Sheridan was in charge at the end of 2016/17 and at the start of 2017/18.

Lee Johnson was the last to be in charge for a full season and that was back in 2013/14. That is staggering. Im not anticipating that stat to change in 12 months time.

54 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Almost 3000 have now signed the PTB petition and whilst it’s not entirely just for football reasons and is also down to every thing else going on behind the scenes at the club.

If, (and it’s a big if) Curle could get a half decent squad together and then manage to win our opening 6 games of next season.....would it, should it, make any difference to our thinking?

My thoughts are that results on the pitch can easily mask the issues off the pitch, certainly happened at Bury FC where fans were hoodwinked into believing things were ok as the club enjoyed several promotions (as well as relegations) whilst the club were sliding towards the abyss losing £2 million a season. Certainly their Trust were guilty of believing half baked promises and not challenging the club's rogue owners at all. Same at Blackpool, when their Trust started their campaign to try and raise the profile of Oystons' mismanagement, the team was riding high on the pitch and so it was very difficult to get fans to look behind what was going on on the pitch, 

For me, I hope the club recruits well and has a decent start on the pitch but it will really make no difference to my feelings until maybe it was an improvement at the club off the pitch as well and for a sustained period, a season at least!!! 

32 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Ah, I missed that.

12 Jan 2017 to 25 September 2017... not his finest time at Latics!

Well he kept us up comfortably at first, and if Abdullah had given him a million to spend on players rather than pissing it up the wall on his crap he would have probably finished 17/18 top half of league 1 and we would all be hailing our new Moroccan messiah.

Alas he thought he knew best put his brother in charge of recruitment we signed Menig, Maouche, Omrani and several others and went down and everyone hates him.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Irrespective of whether you believe that Curle is the right man for the job he is now the head coach. The first to be in charge at the end of the season and also at the start of the new season since Lee Johnson.

He has had two months to get to know the club and speaks in glowing terms of how there is a good infrastructure in place. 

He has had two months to see the playing staff in training and in match situations and has had input into which out of contract players should leave. To a certain extent his hands are tied as the contracted players were in place before he came on board, but he will have had input to the professional deals handed out to the three Academy players this week.

If we accept that budget restrictions will be a huge factor in the level of footballer the club can bring in its now down to him to ensure that he has the final word as to which individuals are brought in. He will have to work with a smaller squad but rather quality over quantity.

He has a full preseason to work with the squad and only then can we judge if he is the right man for the job. He knows what he is letting himself in for - I wish him every success.

This was me on bigdogs login 😂

All Aboard

Best trade in the 🏄🏻 for a 🚣🏻‍♀️.

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well he kept us up comfortably at first, and if Abdullah had given him a million to spend on players rather than pissing it up the wall on his crap he would have probably finished 17/18 top half of league 1 and we would all be hailing our new Moroccan messiah.

Alas he thought he knew best put his brother in charge of recruitment we signed Menig, Maouche, Omrani and several others and went down and everyone hates him.

Bloody hell Omrani - have you ever seen a worse first half from anyone ever?

16 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Wasn't it 20 minutes then he was hauled off, absolutely dire. 

It was about 32 £3k a week we were paying him.

Mind you there was the game at home to Peterborough where we won 3-2 and he did a brilliant piece of skill to set up Doyle for his second right infront of me in the North Stand. 

On 5/27/2021 at 6:33 PM, al_bro said:

Are you sure? 

He says a couple of times "The players I sign". The corrects himself to "The players the club sign".

Some of the players will be brought in as trialists by Mo for KC and him to check on. Not sure that's the best way to progress.

If Curle takes the Bahamboula's and rejects the Sefil's it just might work.

As good a player and entertainer as he is, I would take McAleny before Bahamboula every time....20 goals a season strikers are like gold dust.

He scored 20 odd goals in a mainly shite and dysfunctional team that was hardly ever the same from one game to another.....just imagine what he could achieve in a settled side!!

50 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

As good a player and entertainer as he is, I would take McAleny before Bahamboula every time....20 goals a season strikers are like gold dust.

He scored 20 odd goals in a mainly shite and dysfunctional team that was hardly ever the same from one game to another.....just imagine what he could achieve in a settled side!!

I want both 😊

Archived