• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Curle could make changes to backroom staff, which could mean a reunion with Colin West, who was alongside him at Notts County, Carlisle United and Northampton Town. Simon Tracey, the chief scout at Northampton, is also a close ally of KC.

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

Not sure we have a vacancy for a scout 😁

On 6/1/2021 at 3:29 AM, Dave_Og said:

Not sure we have a vacancy for a scout 😁

I blame Baden Powell. Far too much pressure on them these days. As a minimum, they should always have the sock darning badge on their arm.

On 5/31/2021 at 4:03 PM, LaticMark said:

Curle could make changes to backroom staff, which could mean a reunion with Colin West, who was alongside him at Notts County, Carlisle United and Northampton Town. Simon Tracey, the chief scout at Northampton, is also a close ally of KC.

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

How will Mo react to a scout I wonder?

17 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Probably the same way a lot of us do on here when one tells us Cameron Burgess will play for England

At least scouts have seen a player in action, probably more than once. It's then up to the manager to go and have a look when the scout recommends a player Not bring in a bunch of players they have never seen play, for a manager to judge solely on how they perform in training.

43 minutes ago, al_bro said:

At least scouts have seen a player in action, probably more than once. It's then up to the manager to go and have a look when the scout recommends a player Not bring in 

18 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Probably the same way a lot of us do on here when one tells us Cameron Burgess will play for England

Most unlikely as Burgess is Australian.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Will you on pass my regards, and let him know normal bench don’t exist at Oldham. So if he can finish 14th it’s as good as a promotion else where. 

I'll let him know once I find out what it means. Will get his autograph for you...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'll let him know once I find out what it means. Will get his autograph for you...

😂 Should of said bench mark - but then I think you knew that. . . 

If he’s good enough to sign an autograph for me, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind a little message as well- will you ask him to put- 

To LOF, I maybe the only manager under AL to win promotion at the time of my appointment, but I’m no miracle worker. 

Very interesting.

In Summary:

- We don't want many loan players, I am building a squad of my players, built in my image...super fit athletes with a winning mentality and chosen by me and me alone...I pick the squad, the team, the tactics, the half time snacks...everything.  All is good on that front, please don't ask anymore questions about that, can we move on please

- BamBam is the L2 Jack Grealish

- Dearnley is indeed made of glass but is of Venetian Murano quality as long as he doesn't get smashed into a thousand pieces

- Sheehan has already been smashed but we've taped him back together and hopefully no-one will notice and in any case he just wants to learn from me rather than hanging around some Premier League poseurs 

- The youngsters are too young and I've sent them to learn how to be men....except one of them thought it was a bit scary so has come back

- Everything is absolutely fine on the money front although I have got the players to pay for the training facilities and their own kit...I've turned it into a fun game though so hopefully they won't notice 

- We may play well, we may not, we may score some goals, we may not, we may let some in, we may not

- We may finish in the top ten, we may not, we may even finish in the playoffs....but we may not

- and finally, thanks to the 16 of you for coming, we're very proud that Latics were the only club that managed to get every single one of it's season ticket holders to this special event

Good to know he doesn't want many loan players, I'd much rather build a squad of full-time players instead of the endless cycle of loanees.

Aside from that, I wonder if Keef asked Dmaarms the twitter legend for his autograph when he met him today 👀😂

I dont blame him  for wanting to move on from anymore questions  about any interference from our exalted leaders😴. All in all seems like the meeting was very positive which is good to hear ,now proof will be in the pudding from Saturday onwards👍🙌

37 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Good to know he doesn't want many loan players, I'd much rather build a squad of full-time players instead of the endless cycle of loanees.

Aside from that, I wonder if Keef asked Dmaarms the twitter legend for his autograph when he met him today 👀😂

But the majority of our recent loan signings have been our stand out players 

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

But the majority of our recent loan signings have been our stand out players 

Yes usually the clubs with the best loanees tend to be near the top of the league.

2 or 3 who you can't afford their full contracts should be your best players.

46 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I dont blame him  for wanting to move on from anymore questions  about any interference from our exalted leaders😴. All in all seems like the meeting was very positive which is good to hear ,now proof will be in the pudding from Saturday onwards👍🙌

I don't call it promising when he's only aiming for the top 10, and if lucky may creep into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

I don.t call it promising when he's only aiming for the top 10, and f lucky may creep into the playoffs.

Given we haven’t finished in the top half of any division we’ve been in for about 12 years I’d consider him the second coming of Joe Royle if he achieved it, which he won’t. I can’t think of anyone better, within our means, of giving it a go though. 

Archived