Crowds approved to return in full!

12 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

The majority of the unvaccinated are children. So you suggest that the option to protect them is to keep them inside and therefore away from school. Huge contradiction there. 

Not sure if you've misunderstood...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/6/2021 at 11:47 AM, TheBigDog said:

Nearer the day I would be interested to see how many posters on here, who usually go to home games, will elect to be at the first game of the season.

There is a call for fans to not turn up for home games and I respect the right of each to choose whether or not he/she/they support the boycott. 

I can imagine however that the size of the away following at Bradford will be larger than it usually is. 

Our Bradford away following has never been impressive - it's a short trip over the tops - it should really be similar to a "Rochdale" away i.e. bearing in mind the additional red rose/white rose rivalry too.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Our Bradford away following has never been impressive - it's a short trip over the tops - it should really be similar to a "Rochdale" away i.e. bearing in mind the additional red rose/white rose rivalry too.

Twice lve been there when there were no seats left few hundred stood up and twice when we had a bit of the main stand aswell as the away end with both sold out both. Considering we've never done anything in the time makes it even better. Meet a turnstile operator in a pub recently?

19 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Twice lve been there when there were no seats left few hundred stood up and twice when we had a bit of the main stand aswell as the away end with both sold out both. Considering we've never done anything in the time makes it even better. Meet a turnstile operator in a pub recently?

Lol - last time I went I must admit to having been rather inebriated (I`m a happy "drunk" so never any bother) and the turnout wasn't great. I accept what you say and I mustn't have gone to those particular fixtures you recall - or I have forgotten about them in my alcohol fuelled haze of a memory. Cheers!

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I agree with the point, but I'm double vaccinated and currently suffering with a bad bout of the virus...

Its bad times, I'm also double vacced and isolating atm with my step daughter being positive. But now is the point we need to go back to normal. Or else we will never get back to normal. The virus will be here forever now. And with nearly everyone who wants to be vaccinated done, there's nothing we can do apart from go back to normal or stay like this forever. Theres no miracle cure thats going to get rid of the virus completely. There's nothing else anyone can do apart from keep getting vaccinated every year. So its back to normal or stay like we are forever. 

Just now, Chris15Arm said:

Its bad times, I'm also double vacced and isolating atm with my step daughter being positive. But now is the point we need to go back to normal. Or else we will never get back to normal. The virus will be here forever now. And with nearly everyone who wants to be vaccinated done, there's nothing we can do apart from go back to normal or stay like this forever. Theres no miracle cure thats going to get rid of the virus completely. There's nothing else anyone can do apart from keep getting vaccinated every year. So its back to normal or stay like we are forever. 

Oh yeah, completely agree - we need to get back to normal. It was more a heads up to people not to let their guard down when they have been double jabbed...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Oh yeah, completely agree - we need to get back to normal. It was more a heads up to people not to let their guard down when they have been double jabbed...

Yeah its like any virus. Doesnt stop you getting it. Unfortunately all the scientists in the world can't completely stop it affecting you :(. But we will all learn to live with it. I work in a hospital and the drs and nurses with experience in viruses say that generally viruses mutate and everytime they mutate they get less effective so in a few years it will jus be a bad cold. Hopefully.. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I agree with the point, but I'm double vaccinated and currently suffering with a bad bout of the virus...

Sorry to hear you arnt well mate. 

As you say, still need to open up and deal with what comes our way at this point. 

On 7/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, al_bro said:

It's common courtesy in Japan to wear a mask if you have a cold, and has been for a while

It's the law to wear a mask on public transport and in stores at the moment, but people aren't. Bus drivers and store staff are instructed not to challenge customers without masks. I was on a bus leaving the Ashton bus station last week, I had just missed one so quite a few people got on the bus when it came. There s no social distancing like there was at the beginning (passengers have to sit next to each other and on the seat behind). Half the passengers weren't wearing masks (young and old) and a fair number that were had them on wrongly (not covering their nose). Most of the NHS type masks on people looked like they had been wearing them for ages, when they are only supposed to be worn once. Other people were pulling their masks down to talk to each other. It was a complete joke.

The Japanese continue to wear masks for a period of time after having had a cold.  Unlike here (until Covid came along), it is unacceptable to brave it out and turn up to the office coughing and sneezing too.

I had a week off with the family last week and was out in the big wide world pretty much for the first time since last March and observed much of the same as you describe, including strutting, beefcake lads wearing masks on their chin, almost willing someone to challenge them.

50 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

The Japanese continue to wear masks for a period of time after having had a cold.  Unlike here (until Covid came along), it is unacceptable to brave it out and turn up to the office coughing and sneezing too.

I had a week off with the family last week and was out in the big wide world pretty much for the first time since last March and observed much of the same as you describe, including strutting, beefcake lads wearing masks on their chin, almost willing someone to challenge them.

In this country the feeling is don't be soft it's only a cold.

Wearing masks doesnt suit some people (the pretty and the beefcakes) but they dont seem to be the ones catching the virus which in itself makes it more pertinent to wear yours correctly. I long for normal but once the kids are off and are in and out of each other's houses  combined with public transport in 20+ degree heat ... it wont be long before we all get it .... and then what ?

1 minute ago, andy_b_100 said:

Wearing masks doesnt suit some people (the pretty and the beefcakes) but they dont seem to be the ones catching the virus which in itself makes it more pertinent to wear yours correctly. I long for normal but once the kids are off and are in and out of each other's houses  combined with public transport in 20+ degree heat ... it wont be long before we all get it .... and then what ?

We are about to find out you suspect.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

In this country the feeling is don't be soft it's only a cold.

Driven by employers who apply the most ridiculous scales to those who call in sick .... who in turn are driven by those who call in sick because they cant be arsed going to work for a plethora of reasons other than actually being ill !! 

37 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Kids mix far more in schools than out of them. Schools being closed will work towards reducing R. 

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Kids mix far more in schools than out of them. Schools being closed will work towards reducing R. 

That's why they have chosen to open up on the 19th..

2 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

I don't like wearing a mask, simply because they make my glasses steam up. I thought it may be better in summer but it isn't.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The vaccines are around 90% effective. Therefore mathematically 10% of the vaccinated will get the virus. Some worse than others. 

Re The vaccine, there are a number of issues. 

Firstly any vaccines maximum effectiveness is dictated by the % of the population that have had the full dose. If not enough of the population have had the vaccine then lots of people who have had the full dose will get COVID-19. When Bolton had a lot of COVID-19 there were some people dying who had both doses. I've seen a case of a disease in someone who had their full course of vaccines because not enough people had their vaccine. That vaccine is more effective than COVID-19's vaccines. Thanks to idiots and conspiracy theorists the vaccine uptake for COVID-19 vaccines is poor even if there is availability. 

Secondly, any vaccine doesn't offer its full protection straight away the standard rule of thumb was 4 weeks but there's good evidence for 2 weeks for the COVID-19 vaccines. 

Thirdly no-one knows how long the immunity gained from the vaccine lasts, no one will know for a number of years (they can't). Anyone eligible for the flu vaccine for health reasons is getting a booster of COVID-19 vaccine for that exact reason. 

Fourthly the number of cases in the country is having a serious effect on the NHS. Fortunately this effect is not because of the numbers of people seriously ill or worse in hospital but the staff. No organisation can run without staff and already fatigued NHS staff are having to isolate due to close contact with COVID-19 or have the disease. They may even be asymptomatic, so would normally be going into work but can't. Lots of hospitals around the country are still on high alert, and it's getting worse. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson is forced to do a u-turn on opening up on the 19th in some parts of the country. 

Finally because people doubled jabbed are still getting the virus and have symptoms that increases the risk of there being a mutation which the vaccine offers little or no protection against. That could be apocalyptic chaos. 

Archived