Crowds approved to return in full!

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I really hope they or at least Karl reads this board and sees comments like this from life long fans.

Sadly, even if he does I don’t think he’d care at best

At worse probably prints it out for a good laugh at the next board meeting 

I hope so aswell and I genuinely hope the idiot who tried to claim I was Neil Joy was infact Barry Owen. Looking at the posters history he has claimed to be Barry Owen in the past aswell.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I hope so aswell and I genuinely hope the idiot who tried to claim I was Neil Joy was infact Barry Owen. Looking at the posters history he has claimed to be Barry Owen in the past aswell.

Think there’s more chance he’s the same individual with more accounts than brain cells on Twitter and probably related to the multiple accounts on here too

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Think there’s more chance he’s the same individual with more accounts than brain cells on Twitter and probably related to the multiple accounts on here too

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised abit weird someone would want to Troll me in that way of all people.

7 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

I want there to be an obvious contrast in how many turn up at home as to how many travel away as message to ALMO that we are not fucking happy but then the other side of it is I want us to do well as club this season I think KC is a proven manager at this level who could get a tune out of us.. and obviously not turning up effects his budget.. it's a strange situation to be in isn't it?

When there was a bit of a softening of the regulations back last Autumn for the non-league, there were more fans at Avro and games were sold out at FC United. Yeah, it could've been that the pro leagues were still turned off, but also we could also say that there's still plenty of appetite to get back to regular football.

I remember overhearing a conversation between blokes at an Avro game, they were not regulars - but they 'wanted their fix'.

My point is, at first there may be some upturn in attendance before any boycott - if it still exists - gets a head of steam.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

When there was a bit of a softening of the regulations back last Autumn for the non-league, there were more fans at Avro and games were sold out at FC United. Yeah, it could've been that the pro leagues were still turned off, but also we could also say that there's still plenty of appetite to get back to regular football.

I remember overhearing a conversation between blokes at an Avro game, they were not regulars - but they 'wanted their fix'.

My point is, at first there may be some upturn in attendance before any boycott - if it still exists - gets a head of steam.

Agreed. 

I’m absolutely certain the boycott will still exist. 

100-200k new cases a day by mid August...

Close contact Isolation for the double jabbed scrapped...

Our hospital briefing today said that we're expecting a huge spike in children testing positive over the next 4 weeks with extra pressures expected on children's services...

I appreciate things have got to start moving again but i can't see huge crowds at major sporting events lasting long.

We'll still be able to social distance at BP though of course!!

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

100-200k new cases a day by mid August...

Close contact Isolation for the double jabbed scrapped...

Our hospital briefing today said that we're expecting a huge spike in children testing positive over the next 4 weeks with extra pressures expected on children's services...

I appreciate things have got to start moving again but i can't see huge crowds at major sporting events lasting long.

Need to just crack on now. Been long enough. Let those stay inside that want to

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Have to agree, the vaacine will prove to be the game changer, I'm sure there will still be some tragic losses of life but we really need to start getting back to normality, I know it won't happen but people just need to be sensible. 

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Have to agree, the vaacine will prove to be the game changer, I'm sure there will still be some tragic losses of life but we really need to start getting back to normality, I know it won't happen but people just need to be sensible. 

My kids are 5 and 7 and have missed out massively with school. Youngest off for 10 days again at the moment. Been in and out since they've been back, it isn't fair on them

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

My kids are 5 and 7 and have missed out massively with school. Youngest off for 10 days again at the moment. Been in and out since they've been back, it isn't fair on them

I would say that they are the luckier end of schooling, they will catch up over the next few years. It's those who are in their early teens who will have suffered most. My kids are in their 20's but without their fantastic education they received I don't know what would have happened. 

For the record it was a state education which was outstanding. 

42 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Flu and other viruses are going to be the big problem. Flu is always a major problem. We've been in bubbles that actually impact on our immune systems' ability to fight these viruses. the number of children going to hospital has, in some areas, doubled. 

It isn't just about covid, but, i agree, we do have to move on. The question is one of timing. 

57 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'd say the vaccine already is proving to be the game changer.. I'm currently isolating myself having contracted covid and I was alarmed about how many people I knew locally that had all recently contracted it or been close to someone who has.. it genuinely made me concern for another set back or a local lock down but having looked at the stats.. despite the high infection rate the hospitalization rates have remained similar my only worry is can people afford to run the risk of missings 10days work or education etc by continually being in large crowded places?

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The majority of the unvaccinated are children. So you suggest that the option to protect them is to keep them inside and therefore away from school. Huge contradiction there. 

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

The majority of the unvaccinated are children. So you suggest that the option to protect them is to keep them inside and therefore away from school. Huge contradiction there. 

It feels like everyone is just a bit bored of it now so fuck it, let it rip.  I've got 2 kids (3 and 5) and I really don't want to run the risk of them getting long covid.  Not to mention the millions who aren't jabbed or are vulnerable.

Staggered there's no creativity to the covid response, it seems it's what we have now or nothing at all.  No inbetween.  No plan for ventilating premises, or opening places like nightclubs but with 50% or 75% capacity and masks for now.  Proper financial support for the businesses worst effected. Proper sick pay so people can still isolate.  Keep covid check ins at all venues so we can effectively track and trace.  Some sort of plan to open up as much as possible now but to try and control and keep the case numbers down as well.  It's like they're goading the virus to mutate and beat the vaccine.  A massive gamble.

Can't see past a winter lockdown again.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

opening places like nightclubs but with 50% or 75% capacity and masks for now. 

Can you imagine??!!

The one thing I would like to see would be that anyone who comes into close contact with someone as an inevitable result of the other person's work must be required to mask up.  My partner, as a practice nurse, is in very close contact with around 20 patients a day - if they aren't required to mask up, or won't do so voluntarily, she'll be retiring and taking 40 years of experience wit her as the risks are simply too great.

48 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Can you imagine??!!

The one thing I would like to see would be that anyone who comes into close contact with someone as an inevitable result of the other person's work must be required to mask up.  My partner, as a practice nurse, is in very close contact with around 20 patients a day - if they aren't required to mask up, or won't do so voluntarily, she'll be retiring and taking 40 years of experience wit her as the risks are simply too great.

The problem is that masks have become to be seen as some sort of political oppression, rather than what they actually are - a courtesy to others. Pretty much everyone covers their nose and mouth if sneezing in public.  Same courtesy should apply now with masks for the time being.

31 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The problem is that masks have become to be seen as some sort of political oppression, rather than what they actually are - a courtesy to others. Pretty much everyone covers their nose and mouth if sneezing in public.  Same courtesy should apply now with masks for the time being.

That's called being sensible, it ain't going to happen. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

If the thousands who blocked roads leading to beaches and beauty spots, attended illegal raves and the like against all rules and advice, they'll be the first eejits to totally ignore anything that is sensible. And that's frightening, but I just hope that they are in a very, very small minority and don't do damage to the sensible ones.

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

It's common courtesy in Japan to wear a mask if you have a cold, and has been for a while

It's the law to wear a mask on public transport and in stores at the moment, but people aren't. Bus drivers and store staff are instructed not to challenge customers without masks. I was on a bus leaving the Ashton bus station last week, I had just missed one so quite a few people got on the bus when it came. There s no social distancing like there was at the beginning (passengers have to sit next to each other and on the seat behind). Half the passengers weren't wearing masks (young and old) and a fair number that were had them on wrongly (not covering their nose). Most of the NHS type masks on people looked like they had been wearing them for ages, when they are only supposed to be worn once. Other people were pulling their masks down to talk to each other. It was a complete joke.

10 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It's common courtesy in Japan to wear a mask if you have a cold, and has been for a while

It's the law to wear a mask on public transport and in stores at the moment, but people aren't. Bus drivers and store staff are instructed not to challenge customers without masks. I was on a bus leaving the Ashton bus station last week, I had just missed one so quite a few people got on the bus when it came. There s no social distancing like there was at the beginning (passengers have to sit next to each other and on the seat behind). Half the passengers weren't wearing masks (young and old) and a fair number that were had them on wrongly (not covering their nose). Most of the NHS type masks on people looked like they had been wearing them for ages, when they are only supposed to be worn once. Other people were pulling their masks down to talk to each other. It was a complete joke.

I know, some anti-maskers have been going on like they've been chained in the basement for 18 months but there has been little conformity outside of my workplace (which have been very good), the stores and supermarkets - apart from sport and overseas travel, it's been business as usual really. I'll continue to wear a mask to help others and giving people room, it's what we should be doing.

Archived