Relegation.

8 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Not really nonsense, just an opinion. However our local circumstances make the chances of us suddenly exploding into a club with an average  attendance in excess of 6000 as fanciful. The 3 amigos all those years ago thought they were acquiring a club with the capability of  an average attendance of 7000 they never achieved that. 

If Corney and Blitz delivered on what they originally said they would do I.e. fully redevelop Boundary Park and got us to the championship then we would have sailed over the 7000 average mark no problem. We didn't take those next steps and we'll the rest is a history of false dawns.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Jesus wept - like I say I hope you’re right in the long run but after 2 relegations at that point and admin that is a fucking ridiculous statement 

Why so angry? A bit ridiculous. 😂

You are saying- we can’t expect crowds to come after relegation. 

I agree- and if history repeats where we go down and despite the odd decent season we don’t ultimately do anything- crowds will get smaller and smaller. 

IF however we do something we which haven’t done for 30 years and go up back up from the conference or lower it will build momentum . . . and crowds will come back. 

Stockport bottomed out in the conference north with awful crowds. They won conference north, and are getting 6/7/8 thousand again- why?? 

Because they’re winning again. 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If Corney and Blitz delivered on what they originally said they would do I.e. fully redevelop Boundary Park and got us to the championship then we would have sailed over the 7000 average mark no problem. We didn't take those next steps and we'll the rest is a history of false dawns.

Spot on. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree- and if history repeats where we go down and despite the odd decent season we don’t ultimately do anything- crowds will get smaller and smaller. 

IF however we do something we which haven’t done for 30 years and go up back up from the conference or lower it will build momentum . . . and crowds will come back. 

Stockport bottomed out in the conference north with awful crowds. They won conference north, and are getting 6/7/8 thousand again- why?? 

not angry mate - just can’t agree.

as I’ve said I hope you’re right 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Our crowds held up well in the NLN considering we spent 6 seasons there, we regularly had over 3000 which on the face of it isn't much but there's very little in the way of away support down there, Brackly and North Ferriby probably brought no more than 20, only FCUM, Darlington and Chester brought reasonable numbers. You're right about winning teams attracting bigger audiences though, but don't be fooled into thinking you'll win more by dropping down, this is a very hard league to get out of, we've finally got some money behind us but our win at Solihull the other day was the first time we've been in a play off position this season.

There's only one automatic promotion place and besides ourselves we've got the likes of Chesterfield, Notts, Wrexham and Grimsby battling it out, the Southern clubs like Bromley, Dagenham and Borehamwood do well in attracting the players who didn't make it at the bigger London clubs and they step down to rebuild their careers, Southend and Torquay are rebuilding but will come again.

There are no positives in dropping out of the league, you disappear from the papers, the TV and any other media, I've seen your protests on the EFL on Quest but our protests went largely unnoticed. The points you're losing now can't be won back, I'd advise you all not to boycott but get behind the team because where there's life there's hope, yes protest outside but for 90 minutes do what you can to lift the team and stay in the league.

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Spot on. 

They were so far from delivering on it that this is a futile point.

Stands to reason that a club averaging 15k not more than 11-12 years earlier should be expecting to get 7k+ if able to achieve some success on the pitch

Our 2021 baseline is very very different to our 2004 one 

14 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Stands to reason that a club averaging 15k not more than 11-12 years earlier should be expecting to get 7k+ if able to achieve some success on the pitch

Remember when we were playing Crewe in about January once and Corney was one iota away from 'quitting' agan bc only 5500 turned up. Think we won, Porter n Warne may have been postitively involved.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Selim thinks squad rotation is the answer, in other words resting the better players for worse.

I wonder why big Joe never thought about that during the pinch me season?

I bet he wishes he had that luxury reading Mike Keegans book we were down to the bare bones at the end of that season. For the final at Wembley Andy Holden and Ian Marshall weren't fit and Nick Henry had to play through the pain barrier, Frankie Bunn and Andy Ritchie missed a big chunk of the season due to injury. It's why the following season he made sure we had a bigger squad which got us over the line.

The problem Selim has it that we are weak in almost every position.

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Selim thinks squad rotation is the answer, in other words resting the better players for worse.

I wonder why big Joe never thought about that during the pinch me season?

He thinks it would have been great. He's said it more than once.

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Of course. . . no one is saying differently?? 

What I agreed with, was the idea that if blitz and co had capitalised on our baseline when they took over- 6/7 would have easily been surpassed.  

But they didn’t, and over time it dwindled away. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

or maybe Bahamboula Couto and Vaughan are our best options to sell on to raise money to lift the transfer embargo 

Nothing else makes any sense

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

or maybe Bahamboula Couto and Vaughan are our best options to sell on to raise money to lift the transfer embargo 

Nothing else makes any sense

sense and this bunch of clowns realy ? he has no intention of paying off the loan or strengthening in any meaningful way he has his excuse for relegation all set up and ready to go "its that nasty EFL with their loan and embargo stopped us progressing not my fault nothing i could do without bankrupting the club with the boycott it is not my fault "

5 hours ago, China said:

Our crowds held up well in the NLN considering we spent 6 seasons there, we regularly had over 3000 which on the face of it isn't much but there's very little in the way of away support down there, Brackly and North Ferriby probably brought no more than 20, only FCUM, Darlington and Chester brought reasonable numbers. You're right about winning teams attracting bigger audiences though, but don't be fooled into thinking you'll win more by dropping down, this is a very hard league to get out of, we've finally got some money behind us but our win at Solihull the other day was the first time we've been in a play off position this season.

There's only one automatic promotion place and besides ourselves we've got the likes of Chesterfield, Notts, Wrexham and Grimsby battling it out, the Southern clubs like Bromley, Dagenham and Borehamwood do well in attracting the players who didn't make it at the bigger London clubs and they step down to rebuild their careers, Southend and Torquay are rebuilding but will come again.

There are no positives in dropping out of the league, you disappear from the papers, the TV and any other media, I've seen your protests on the EFL on Quest but our protests went largely unnoticed. The points you're losing now can't be won back, I'd advise you all not to boycott but get behind the team because where there's life there's hope, yes protest outside but for 90 minutes do what you can to lift the team and stay in the league.

A big dose of realism here from this County fan for those who think going down might actually somehow work out well for us in the longer term.

When we got relegated from the Prem a lot of us thought we'd have a good go at going back up. Didn't happen. Same when we went down to L1 and L2. Didn't happen.

38 minutes ago, Yard Dog said:

A big dose of realism here from this County fan for those who think going down might actually somehow work out well for us in the longer term.

When we got relegated from the Prem a lot of us thought we'd have a good go at going back up. Didn't happen. Same when we went down to L1 and L2. Didn't happen.

Each club has their own circumstances. Orient and Tranmere came back up quite quickly. Others haven’t. 

Archived