Relegation.

29 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

This relegation battle is different to others ignoring the fact that the drop is not in to league 2 but out of the football league..

It's the feel of the whole thing thats different for me this time..

In previous relegation battles I was convinced we would get it right, there was a sense of togetherness with the fans and  belief that we would find a way some how..

I don't feel that this time.. I've been utterly convinced that what ever we do will not be enough since the loss at Salford..

Add to that the pitch invasions, heavy handed stewarding, the banning orders, the false claims of racism, the fact our owner can't be bothered to be in the country, the fact  we're still under an embargo and our landlord and owner are due to meet each other in court..

It's the absolute worst it has ever been..

but if anyone has a spare for harrogate give us a shout👍🏻

I started the tread in November when I said then I thought it was nailed on. In truth though, it was only blind hope that stopped me starting the thread in august. As you say- the football side has nothing going for it, and has long since given up the battle. 

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

This relegation battle is different to others ignoring the fact that the drop is not in to league 2 but out of the football league..

It's the feel of the whole thing thats different for me this time..

In previous relegation battles I was convinced we would get it right, there was a sense of togetherness with the fans and  belief that we would find a way some how..

I don't feel that this time.. I've been utterly convinced that what ever we do will not be enough since the loss at Salford..

Add to that the pitch invasions, heavy handed stewarding, the banning orders, the false claims of racism, the fact our owner can't be bothered to be in the country, the fact  we're still under an embargo and our landlord and owner are due to meet each other in court..

It's the absolute worst it has ever been..

but if anyone has a spare for harrogate give us a shout👍🏻

30 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I agree. It also feels like the club don’t care about relegation. There is no attempt at all to communicate with or galvanise the fan base. Just a club doing the bare minimum to get by administratively.

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I started the tread in November when I said then I thought it was nailed on. In truth though, it was only blind hope that stopped me starting the thread in august. As you say- the football side has nothing going for it, and has long since given up the battle. 

To quote David Dunn from the Under the Cosh podcast 

“the whole place is a horrible stinking mess”

Its like you say - put aside the football for a second there is absolutely zero effort to galvanise fans - the website is literally delivering the bare minimum, there are no player interviews, no injury updates - they don’t even promote the work of the community trust anymore 

If this club was a person on life support the doctors would be telling us to pull the plug 

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It’s got worse since he left too. 

Found Dunn’s description of some of the antics of a particular board member at the time slightly amusing, especially who that likely director was. 

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

It’s got worse since he left too. 

Found Dunn’s description of some of the antics of a particular board member at the time slightly amusing, especially who that likely director was. 

I couldn’t stand him when he was here but I actually warmed to him on that 

and I was one of the “cockroaches” too 

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Its like you say - put aside the football for a second there is absolutely zero effort to galvanise fans - the website is literally delivering the bare minimum, there are no player interviews, no injury updates - they don’t even promote the work of the community trust anymore 

If this club was a person on life support the doctors would be telling us to pull the plug 

He told me "you won't believe what goes on here" I do now.

10 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Having seen a few NL games recently this really isn’t out of the question 

People are in for a rude awakening. Absolutely *everything* has to click into place to get out of that league. Look at the quality of Stockport’s and Wrexham’s squads and consider that neither of them look to have a chance of catching Chesterfield or Halifax…

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

People are in for a rude awakening. Absolutely *everything* has to click into place to get out of that league. Look at the quality of Stockport’s and Wrexham’s squads and consider that neither of them look to have a chance of catching Chesterfield or Halifax…

Indeed. Add in the levels of football snobbery that a section of the fanbase have now towards the teams we play and that will only get worse if we didn't hit the ground running...

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Reckon both of them finish above Halifax... 

9 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Look at the date of the article please

That is what he is suggesting Pete. ‘Fears’ from years ago and numerous people slated Keegan for the article suggesting he was talking nonsense and just wanted the club to fail and now those fears have finally come out as true. 

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

That is what he is suggesting Pete. ‘Fears’ from years ago and numerous people slated Keegan for the article suggesting he was talking nonsense and just wanted the club to fail and now those fears have finally come out as true. 

Yes I was highlighting the prediction of doom.

Archived