Relegation.

Getting shut of Clarke was probably the single most Contributory factor to our overall demise!

I’m pretty certain if he was still here and Captain of this sorry lot we would still have a very good chance of keeping our league status.

What an utterly diabolical decision!!!

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Getting shut of Clarke was probably the single most Contributory factor to our overall demise!

I’m pretty certain if he was still here and Captain of this sorry lot we would still have a very good chance of keeping our league status.

It was his choice to leave...

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Certainly in the top 100 :)

4 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

As captain Peter Clarke would have been chinning most of this rabble that we have playing now. :fighting:

Selim persisted with the post match on pitch huddle, it was short.

In several games this season, the frustration of a handful of players was notable, not least Nicky Adams.

Surely there must me some very heated exchanges happening in the changing room, bloody hope so anyway.

If Pidge isn't tearing a strip off Jayson Leutwiler for the hopless passing, he has every right to.

While the ultimate responsibility and accountability for our needless slide out of league football sits firmly with the owner, if the players are honest, they need to show they care.

6 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Selim persisted with the post match on pitch huddle, it was short.

In several games this season, the frustration of a handful of players was notable, not least Nicky Adams.

Surely there must me some very heated exchanges happening in the changing room, bloody hope so anyway.

If Pidge isn't tearing a strip off Jayson Leutwiler for the hopless passing, he has every right to.

While the ultimate responsibility and accountability for our needless slide out of league football sits firmly with the owner, if the players are honest, they need to show they care.

On the point of Pidge tearing a strip off Jayson Takeawhiler, Pidge is part of the problem standing too close because as soon as he gets closed down (something we don't do the the opposition) he can only pass it back to the keeper who then has to lump it before he gets closed down. Stupid tactic, throw or kick down field.

The problem we have with playing it out from the back is that we don't have a decent midfielder who can spot an accurate pass forward so our defenders just pass it amongst themselves in ever decreasing circles until it has to be lumped forward.

Although Harry was one of our better players yesterday his final balls were as bad as anyone elses. 

As said previously Benny looks lost defensively and should be rested or played as a wingback.

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The problem we have with playing it out from the back is that we don't have a decent midfielder who can spot an accurate pass forward so our defenders just pass it amongst themselves in ever decreasing circles until it has to be lumped forward.

Although Harry was one of our better players yesterday his final balls were as bad as anyone elses. 

As said previously Benny looks lost defensively and should be rested or played as a wingback.

This was highlighted spectacularly time and time again with Whelan yesterday - driving forward great but just couldn’t see the option to release it wide and ended up just running into their defenders.

Technically he’s ok on the ball but like the majority of our squad overall, he is woeful 

19 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It was Vaughan who passed the ball to Couto for the goal.

35 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

It was Vaughan who passed the ball to Couto for the goal.

I was thinking more of his end pass after a forward break not a 15 yard sideways pass to an unmarked team mate.

I do agree he shouldn't have been subbed as he was our only midfielder looking forwards to release the ball.

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Can I take this moment to remind everyone we started the first game of this season with a “striker” more known for shagging a Geordie Shore co star than for football 

It feels like its us, the fans who have been fucked over. 

10 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Is over see you at Altrincham away.. 

Shambles 

Shambles??

I think that you are being a tad conservative with your use of the English language.

I do not like the C word, but this is the epitome of a fucking cunty bollocks shit show.

The barest minimum requirement at any game that either of them attend is pitchforks and lanterns.

KTPO

Keep the pressure on!

4 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Shambles??

I think that you are being a tad conservative with your use of the English language.

I do not like the C word, but this is the epitome of a fucking cunty bollocks shit show.

The barest minimum requirement at any game that either of them attend is pitchforks and lanterns.

KTPO

Keep the pressure on!

Talking about shambles, why in the post match interview is the interim manager not asked about the tactical shambles of attempting to play out from the back? and how about two banners Aibtaead Abdallah & Tarajue Mo?

Cant be any excuses for our next two games 

Barrow a Non League team from 72/73 - 19/20 

Hartlepool in the National Conference between  17/18-20/21

Couldnt have picked two better games to test what football level we are playing at

27 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Couldnt have picked two better games to test what football level we are playing at

Struggle to see the relevance. They are both L2 teams now 

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I think you’ll find he wanted to carry on playing. He wasn’t offered another playing contract here because he was deemed too old and was subsequently released!

He told them in the winter that he wouldn't be staying if there would be a reduction in wages. Source - the horses mouth.

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Zero relevance to the here and now, people really need to stop with this nonsense.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Struggle to see the relevance. They are both L2 teams now 

Will join the dots up for you 

Both clubs have recently been promoted to the Football League 

Neither have wealthy owners, like the Salford Citys of this world

Neither are ‘big clubs’

This is as close a test for us of how we might compete against teams from the National League 

(no offence intended to either Barrow or Hartlepool) 

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Zero relevance to the here and now, people really need to stop with this nonsense.

Archived