Relegation.

4 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

They've replaced a big lump in Loft with a small winger in Burns

That ‘big lump’ completely changed the game at BP after coming on at halftime  - scoring two and assisting the third goal as well as hitting the bar.

If only we had a big lump like him up front 😃

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

That ‘big lump’ completely changed the game at BP after coming on at halftime  - scoring two and assisting the third goal as well as hitting the bar.

If only we had a big lump like him up front 😃

I agree and that was my point.  It's exactly the type of striker you need in your squad at this level to win certain games.  I think they must've been desperate for cash to let him go because, as proven by his replacement being a small young winger, those players aren't easy to replace.

We need a striker similar to that, but in my opinion us losing Piergianni would have the same effect as Scunny losing Loft.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:30 PM, Andy b said:

Hi tracy, thanks for coming back.

great to see yesterday’s announcement and pleased see to the see trust recognise that maintaining a cordial dialogue with the club - albeit only Adam Moralee - could be important. This hopefully gives it some ability to scrutinise the deal to sell so it can hold the process and individuals to account and ensure the deal is done in the best interests of the club. You know my views on the trust’s fundamental failure to do its job in this regard last time.

that said, I am not convinced the trust needed to go to war with the club in the way it has - that could have been left to PtB with protest being channelled through them. As it happens, the trust is now in a disadvantaged position in having no real inside track during the process of transition from one owner to another. One may take the view that it never had one and never will under the current owner 

never an easy call to make and the above is only one view of the world. I just think the trust didn’t need to occupy the space it has done over the last few months given the emergence of PtB. 

we are where we are

Fantastic to see fund raising get going. Now more important than ever that the war chest is built up. Imagine the trust having real and meaningful influence in the context of a new owner. £1m gives the trust options and the ability to achieve that if used wisely.

keen to help where i can. Have dropped the trust and PtB a line about the Oldham Local Plan 

cheers Andy. I know its Sunday, as anyone responded to you contact? Drop me a PM on here as I have changed my mobile number. Hope the family are well

22 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Watched Scunthorpe play at Exeter today.

First half was poor but even, 2nd half Exeter took control and the moment Jevani Brown curled in a quality strike that was the result beyond doubt.

Scunthorpe weren't as bad as we've been in most areas of the pitch, however they had no shots on target throughout the match and only had one good attacking move which they blasted over.  They've replaced a big lump in Loft with a small winger in Burns which I don't understand, as a result they offered no threat.

It's clearly a race to the bottom and I don't back us to get out of this mess by ourselves, however there are enough bad teams to keep us in the mix.

Doesn't it prove that taking the EFL loan was a massive mistake. Two of the three clubs that did are the bottom two in the league.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

cheers Andy. I know its Sunday, as anyone responded to you contact? Drop me a PM on here as I have changed my mobile number. Hope the family are well

Have spoken with Will and Adam Tracy so all good.

hope you are well. Keep going. You are doing top work. 

Well it is simple really.  We just need 28 points from 22 games ie 7 wins & 7 draws.

On the point of the litigation I wonder what good it will do to own the stand as surely if the deal done by Corney is unwound wouldn't the club also get all the debt back.  So he would own the North Stand but not the land it sits on or any other part of the football stadium and undoubtedly no longer in the football league with 3/4 million debt to Blitz.  I would think the point of the litigation is to force Blitz to do a deal for the stadium.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Well it is simple really.  We just need 28 points from 22 games ie 7 wins & 7 draws

Which is easily achievable but only with 3 or 4 key additions.

That sort of form over a season would yield about 58/59 points which is totally average and what we would consider, under normal circumstances, extremely disappointing!

The fact we have been so bad yet still not cut adrift is testament to the terrible overall standard of the division. 
We have every chance of survival but it totally depends on AL and we have to start picking up points asap starting with our next few games!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Which is easily achievable but only with 3 or 4 key additions.

That sort of form over a season would yield about 58/59 points which is totally average and what we would consider, under normal circumstances, extremely disappointing!

The fact we have been so bad yet still not cut adrift is testament to the terrible overall standard of the division. 
We have every chance of survival but it totally depends on AL and we have to start picking up points asap starting with our next few games!

sounds so easy but in truth it will take a monumental effort from a team who have won 4 and lost 14 of their 24 league games to date to manage to win a third and draw the same over last third of a season. 

Allied to our EFL Embargo and the fact that Latics don't appear to have any positive relationship with any clubs willing to loan out some decent youngsters, I think we will do well to get 40 points in total from here. 

Desperately hoping ALMO can turn it round but their track record to date is pretty lamentable so not hold out much optimism 

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Well it is simple really.  We just need 28 points from 22 games ie 7 wins & 7 draws.

On the point of the litigation I wonder what good it will do to own the stand as surely if the deal done by Corney is unwound wouldn't the club also get all the debt back.  So he would own the North Stand but not the land it sits on or any other part of the football stadium and undoubtedly no longer in the football league with 3/4 million debt to Blitz.  I would think the point of the litigation is to force Blitz to do a deal for the stadium.

That would put us on 46 points at the end of the season.

Barnet and Hartlepool went down in recent years with 46 points, Bristol Rovers went down with 50 and Barnet (again) with 51.

I think that shows the scale of the task to survive now.  If either Colchester or Scunthorpe put a run together, we'll need consistent top half form to stay up.

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Jesus we are 7 points from safety as it currently stands....Colchester winning at Sutton, Stevenage drawing...😵

Just been looking at that what a horrible viewing it is going to take one mighty turn around to get out of this 

If we lose our two remaining January games we’ll have a mountain to climb probably needing about 30 points from 20 games.

That sort of form would be the equivalent (over a season) of a top 8 finish.

With generally much better players it’s something we haven’t managed to achieve in at least the last 10 years!!

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

If we lose our two remaining January games we’ll have a mountain to climb probably needing about 30 points from 20 games.

With generally much better players it’s something we haven’t managed to achieve in at least the last 10 years!!

Don't disagree. 48 will be enough I think this year but that seems a million miles away at the moment

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We don't want to be losing our remaining two games in January, but the total of points we need is relative to the other (probably two) teams who are in the mix.  Scunthorpe and Colchester seem in a similar mess we to what we are - admittedly we've got some catching up to do, but there's no way they're going on a run equating to the form of a top 8 team.

Archived