Relegation.

We need a miracle  to stop the drop.

Time our players woke up and accept their part in our demise  for their shit waste of opportunities, shit defending  and goalkeeping  and invisible  midfielders. 

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Time our players woke up and accept their part in our demise  for their shit waste of opportunities, shit defending  and goalkeeping  and invisible  midfielders. 

Yes, yes, yes and yes 👏 

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

The players take a small chunk of responsibility for this but not the majority.

I feel a little sympathy for them. I genuinely believe that they are going out there with the best intentions in trying to keep us up. But we are atleast 4 signings away from staying up. It can't be easy for them playing in this situation for a club that is effectively in the midst of a civil war between the owner and the fans. Can anyone honestly say they are being given a good environment to play their best football in? 

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I feel a little sympathy for them. I genuinely believe that they are going out there with the best intentions in trying to keep us up. But we are atleast 4 signings away from staying up. It can't be easy for them playing in this situation for a club that is effectively in the midst of a civil war between the owner and the fans. Can anyone honestly say they are being given a good environment to play their best football in? 

Absolutely.  It's like blaming the people who worked on the tills when Woolworths was shutting. 

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

But are the players genuinely capable of being better than that on a regular basis?  They re here for a reason.

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I feel a little sympathy for them. I genuinely believe that they are going out there with the best intentions in trying to keep us up. But we are at least 4 signings away from staying up. It can't be easy for them playing in this situation for a club that is effectively in the midst of a civil war between the owner and the fans. Can anyone honestly say they are being given a good environment to play their best football in? 

Personally, I would want to maintain my status as a professional footballer and not be out of a job, come the end of my contract. I would not want the club to drop out of the league and face the strong possibility of a wage cut or even not having a club to play for. I would give it my best week-in, week-out, despite being in the midst of fucked-up situation, to give myself the best fighting chance of continuing to earn a wage when the dust eventually settles.

On saying that, I don't envy them the shit storm they are in the middle of and then again, some of them may not give a toss, just take the money and run, in the belief [deluded or not] that something better will come along. 

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

Personally, I would want to maintain my status as a professional footballer and not be out of a job, come the end of my contract. I would not want the club to drop out of the league and face the strong possibility of a wage cut or even not having a club to play for. I would give it my best week-in, week-out, despite being in the midst of fucked-up situation, to give myself the best fighting chance of continuing to earn a wage when the dust eventually settles.

On saying that, I don't envy them the shit storm they are in the middle of and then again, some of them may not give a toss, just take the money and run, in the belief [deluded or not] that something better will come along. 

I'm pretty sure they are aware of that scenario in fairness. It's not like we are paying them mega bucks they are here for reason most of them are non-league players with a sprinkle of league standard players. We aren't collectively good enough.

My first fear is, the players we have couldn’t keep us out of the bottom half of the Conference.

My second fear is, the group our owners assembled for the Conference will be even less able to win matches than this lot. 

My third fear is our owners will be quiet comfortable with this situation, for whatever reason. 

We only have 3 weeks to wait before we have a snapshot of what they intend for us. 

8 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

My first fear is, the players we have couldn’t keep us out of the bottom half of the Conference.

My second fear is, the group our owners assembled for the Conference will be even less able to win matches than this lot. 

My third fear is our owners will be quiet comfortable with this situation, for whatever reason. 

We only have 3 weeks to wait before we have a snapshot of what they intend for us. 

ive seen enough since they took over to not wait three weeks thanks know theyre exact intentions do nothing and cross fingers as per 

Already resigned myself to the fact we’re going down.

The only glimmer of hope for me is if that’s enough for Abdallah to fuck off, and somehow the likes of Halifax, Stockport, Chesterfield & Wrexham don’t get promoted just for the away days.

15 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Already resigned myself to the fact we’re going down.

The only glimmer of hope for me is if that’s enough for Abdallah to fuck off, and somehow the likes of Halifax, Stockport, Chesterfield & Wrexham don’t get promoted just for the away days.

You must be psychic after AL today saying more or less he's had enough.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:41 AM, Andy b said:

Hi Tracy, 

may I ask what the foundation’s position is on ‘an exit strategy’ for the owner and landlord. What is it proactively doing to develop an implement a plan?

at present all I see are statements expressing concern, worry, objection, dissatisfaction etc etc which appear to just duplicate what PTB are saying / doing. 

it needs to move beyond this 

thanks

sorry Andy

I only dip in and out of OWTB these days and missed this.  Well today we had some news didn't we.

In the strategy released last April was planning for all scenario's. Those plan B's remember. Well we need the skillset/think tanks to thrash those out. Plan for the worst hope for the best.

Hence the recent skillscan of the fanbase. You considering helping again?

21 hours ago, underdog said:

sorry Andy

I only dip in and out of OWTB these days and missed this.  Well today we had some news didn't we.

In the strategy released last April was planning for all scenario's. Those plan B's remember. Well we need the skillset/think tanks to thrash those out. Plan for the worst hope for the best.

Hence the recent skillscan of the fanbase. You considering helping again?

Hi tracy, thanks for coming back.

great to see yesterday’s announcement and pleased see to the see trust recognise that maintaining a cordial dialogue with the club - albeit only Adam Moralee - could be important. This hopefully gives it some ability to scrutinise the deal to sell so it can hold the process and individuals to account and ensure the deal is done in the best interests of the club. You know my views on the trust’s fundamental failure to do its job in this regard last time.

that said, I am not convinced the trust needed to go to war with the club in the way it has - that could have been left to PtB with protest being channelled through them. As it happens, the trust is now in a disadvantaged position in having no real inside track during the process of transition from one owner to another. One may take the view that it never had one and never will under the current owner 

never an easy call to make and the above is only one view of the world. I just think the trust didn’t need to occupy the space it has done over the last few months given the emergence of PtB. 

we are where we are

Fantastic to see fund raising get going. Now more important than ever that the war chest is built up. Imagine the trust having real and meaningful influence in the context of a new owner. £1m gives the trust options and the ability to achieve that if used wisely.

keen to help where i can. Have dropped the trust and PtB a line about the Oldham Local Plan 

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

that said, I am not convinced the trust needed to go to war with the club in the way it has - that could have been left to PtB with protest being channelled through them. As it happens, the trust is now in a disadvantaged position in having no real inside track during the process of transition from one owner to another. One may take the view that it never had one and never will under the current owner 

Completely disagree. 

The trust under Matt is the best it’s ever been, and he’s absolutely right to ask/probe/demand/question the clubs decisions and direction - particularly at a time of crisis. The idea that matt/the trust somehow keep quiet and work in background-  not wanting to the rock the boat would them look both laughable and inept- in much the same way as it did previous trust directors. The PTB point is moot, because we keep hearing we’ve a got split a fanbase- and then when views are shared and agreed on between groups, we then ask for divergence. It’s a nonsense. The PTB can have a view and act on it in a certain way. The trust can the same view and act on it a very different way. Which is exactly what has happened. 

Matt has shown also struck a perfect balance in being able to articulate himself in purposeful but respectful tone- exactly what I would want somebody to do in his position. In addition he has said time and time again- if the club show willing- we’ll help. He has been ignored and shown contempt, but kept going. I don’t think think they’ve put a foot wrong in how they conducted themselves with the club. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Completely disagree. 

The trust under Matt is the best it’s ever been, and he’s absolutely right to ask/probe/demand/question the clubs decisions and direction - particularly at a time of crisis. The idea that matt/the trust somehow keep quiet and work in background-  not wanting to the rock the boat would them look both laughable and inept- in much the same way as it did previous trust directors. The PTB point is moot, because we keep hearing we’ve a got split a fanbase- and then when views are shared and agreed on between groups, we then ask for divergence. It’s a nonsense. The PTB can have a view and act on it in a certain way. The trust can the same view and act on it a very different way. Which is exactly what has happened. 

Matt has shown also struck a perfect balance in being able to articulate himself in purposeful but respectful tone- exactly what I would want somebody to do in his position. In addition he has said time and time again- if the club show willing- we’ll help. He has been ignored and shown contempt, but kept going. I don’t think think they’ve put a foot wrong in how they conducted themselves with the club. 

Hope you are right. Who the hell knows who AL will sell to and on what terms. 

7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Hope you are right. Who the hell knows who AL will sell to and on what terms. 

I agree with forever league 1, but no one can influence a sale AL will get the best deal for him. As long as said person passes the efl test. The trust, ptb and the pod cast will have 0 effect. Al will want the best for him and no 3% or opinion will sway that.  Anyone believing other wise is in cloud cookoo land. It’s his club and he will get what he can.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:10 AM, oafc 123 said:

Absolutely.  It's like blaming the people who worked on the tills when Woolworths was shutting. 

There defo would have been plenty people indulging in such behaviour, espeically in Oldham!!

Whatever these things are called, l love this one 😎

On 11/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, Chris15Arm said:

Anyone else thinking the Premier League Portugal squad (wolves) will be in for couto? Im sure his family name is Sa. Wolves goalie is named Sa. All pointless connections but it would be a good shout

#Wolves are the latest club to show an interest in #OldhamAthletic’s Benny Couto, who has been monitored by #LeedsUnited as well.

Archived