Relegation.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd say if you put down an opinion then if you can back it up with evidence/facts then it strengthens the arguement significantly. 

So while I can see the logic that someone would want to sell if we went out of the football league as you have said above.

However correct me if I'm wrong the Owner has not said he will sell if we go down. We are also trying to second guess a man who has spent 4 years making illogical decisions and has a pattern of volatile behaviour and is completely disengaged with the club and its fanbase. 

It’s an opinion 

On a forum. 

Surprised you don’t get it. 

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Or even circumstantial evidence. Anyone actively wanting relegation has a screw loose. 

Wow. 

So now a different opinion means they must have a screw loose. . ???? 

On by the way Dave- nobody has said that. Nobody. But that doesn’t matter does it. 😂 You keep making it up. 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Absolutely.

But I would never ask you to prove your opinion. It’s just debate. 

Why the hell not? If I put something on here then someone is entitled to challenge me on my thinking/ evidence that's what debate is. Put your opinion down then back it up with evidence that's the basis of any case made for anything in the history of ever.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Why the hell not? If I put something on here then someone is entitled to challenge me on my thinking/ evidence that's what debate is. Put your opinion down then back it up with evidence that's the basis of any case made for anything in the history of ever.

Until social media was invented.... At which point the 'I'm entitled to my opinion' cadre ignored any challenge to differentiate wild guess from considered viewpoint. 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Until social media was invented.... At which point the 'I'm entitled to my opinion' cadre ignored any challenge to differentiate wild guess from considered viewpoint. 

That’s just embarrassing Dave. 

You offer no considered viewpoint, you just pontificate on others views while bringing nothing to the table, which is a shame. 

24 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I’ve backed up my opinion several times on two different threads. If people can’t be bothered to read it, and post lazy assumptions- what can one do. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s just embarrassing Dave. 

You offer no considered viewpoint, you just pontificate on others views while bringing nothing to the table, which is a shame. 

I try not to have strong views on issues where I have minimal knowledge, and the converse. 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I try not to have strong views on issues where I have minimal knowledge, and the converse. 

As one of head coach said when they turned down my non league Chris Waddle. recommendation. 

"It's all about opinions". 🙂

20 hours ago, League one forever said:

Absolutely bang on Rude. 

And most can’t see it. 

He wants his money back- so which sane person is giving him 6 million and then Blitz another 6 million. 

Absolutely laughable to think anyone would pay that. 

so the question is- do fans want to survive and exist at the bottom league two and hope this mysterious weird investor who wants to give away 12 million will turn up. 

Or get relegated and hope AL sells- which is far far more likely. 

Sellers need buyers. 

No sane person or sensible investor is buying Latics without the ground in the package… even without relegation. 

No sane person or sensible investor is buying a non-league Oldham Athletic for £6m plus. 

…so we return to Blitz. 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Bookmarked. 😉

Dave, you’re one of the main posters on here. You offer your opionon very easily and frequently and have on numerous occasions got into healthy debate, the like of which you wouldn’t do if you didn’t have strong views. 

That is the whole basis of the forum, and to exclude yourself from that is baffling. 

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Bookmarked. 😉

Dave, you’re one of the main posters on here. You offer your opionon very easily and frequently and have on numerous occasions got into healthy debate, the like of which you wouldn’t do if you didn’t have strong views. 

That is the whole basis of the forum, and to exclude yourself from that is baffling. 

Love a debate...but the reason I don't get into a debate much on, for example, the merits or otherwise of individual players is because I wouldn't recognise any of them if they knocked on my door right now.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Love a debate...but the reason I don't get into a debate much on, for example, the merits or otherwise of individual players is because I wouldn't recognise any of them if they knocked on my door right now.

That’s fair. 

But commenting on things we have no actual knowledge about is the lifeblood of every single forum. 

Very few (if any) fans of any club actually know what is happening, but it doesn’t stop us chewing the fat. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s fair. 

But commenting on things we have no actual knowledge about is the lifeblood of every single forum. 

Very few (if any) fans of any club actually know what is happening, but it doesn’t stop us chewing the fat. 

True enough.  There are some loony theories out there though and some of them become accepted fact.  One example appears to be that it is a definitive part of Moroccan culture that losing face is a principal factor in the apparent reluctance to sell.  

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

True enough.  There are some loony theories out there though and some of them become accepted fact.  One example appears to be that it is a definitive part of Moroccan culture that losing face is a principal factor in the apparent reluctance to sell.  

Exactly.  Another just as likely scenario (because we don’t know) could be that he has spent more then he can afford and is desperately hoping some idiot will come along with more money then sense and he will be able to escape with his money. While he is “in the game” he also has the gamble that a player will impress and be sold for a big fee. 

I suspect the last one was the real reason he bought us in the first place. At that time we were a “doing ok” league 1 club. He probably thought he could add his wonderful players, like Quincy, and soon we would be heading for the championship. The players he could introduce would be well in the shop window.  Cash would roll in with the added value he could get if one went to the Prem.

22 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

He wont be willing to drop his asking price until he has made some money on Bahamboula, Couto, Vaughen and he could even get a fee for Pidge as he has been our best player by a country mile in my opinion ( not hard ) up to yet this season.

Unless there's competitive bidding he's not getting much more than a tin of beans for Bahamboula

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Unless there's competitive bidding he's not getting much more than a tin of beans for Bahamboula

We will see, although I do agree that he may not get what he thinks for Bahamboula, his game only offers one dimension which won't suit many, thats why Warnock sent him back from his Midds trial.

16 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

We will see, although I do agree that he may not get what he thinks for Bahamboula, his game only offers one dimension which won't suit many, thats why Warnock sent him back from his Midds trial.

and there's only a few months left  the contract.  No way is he going for big money

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

He wont be willing to drop his asking price until he has made some money on Bahamboula, Couto, Vaughen and he could even get a fee for Pidge as he has been our best player by a country mile in my opinion ( not hard ) up to yet this season.

Our two most saleable players are Vaughan and Couto. I fully expect that we will get offers for both in January.

32 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Our two most saleable players are Vaughan and Couto. I fully expect that we will get offers for both in January.

Will any offer for Vauhan now be less as he appears to have dropped out of the first team picture?

45 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Well as things stand it can only be good for those two, being around our spot can't be great, although some may say it will be character building and make them stronger players.

Good look to them if they move onto better things. Sadly for us its a double edged sword, we lose two prospects and AL fills his pockets in the process.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Anyone else thinking the Premier League Portugal squad (wolves) will be in for couto? Im sure his family name is Sa. Wolves goalie is named Sa. All pointless connections but it would be a good shout

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Well as things stand it can only be good for those two, being around our spot can't be great, although some may say it will be character building and make them stronger players.

Good look to them if they move onto better things. Sadly for us its a double edged sword, we lose two prospects and AL fills his pockets in the process.

He’s welcome to fill his pockets as long as he fucks off in the process!😉

Archived