Relegation.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The section on the Pod about how hanging manager might affect things interested me. I think Scunny have made s good appointment, but if Stevenage are really going after Steve Evans that mystifies me. He has been busy taking Gillingham in the wrong direction and doesn't strike me as being the kind of calm, mature personality you need in a crisis.

Long way to go yet. You need to get that embargo lifted, because as things stand you don't score enough goals and the evidence suggests that your defence isn't good enough to compensate .

4 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

The section on the Pod about how hanging manager might affect things interested me. I think Scunny have made s good appointment, but if Stevenage are really going after Steve Evans that mystifies me. He has been busy taking Gillingham in the wrong direction and doesn't strike me as being the kind of calm, mature personality you need in a crisis.

Long way to go yet. You need to get that embargo lifted, because as things stand you don't score enough goals and the evidence suggests that your defence isn't good enough to compensate .

It would certainly have an effect

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a National League game today. I am not sure we are any better than what I watched this afternoon and you can see why clubs like Southend, Yeovil and others struggle to come back up. L2 and the NL are pretty similar and a poor L2 team will similarly struggle in the NL

...the one thing we might do is take more away.....30 Altrincham fans at Aldershot today :)

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

For those who cannot be arsed…

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no." 

You’re welcome 😃

Ha I actually bothered to look myself. Learn something new every day !!

16 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

For those who cannot be arsed…

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no." 

You’re welcome 😃

But what about a headline e.g. "What the hell is going on, Prime Minister?"

Just asking.

RELEGATION

Whilst the poor number of points we got in November was expected (Won 1 Lost 3), December does look much better for us 

Home v Forest Green (Pos 1st)

Away v Crawley Town (Pos 18th)

Home v Scunthorpe United (Pos 24th)

Away v Barrow (Pos 20th)

If we can't get 5 or 6 points from these games, we will be adrift at the bottom at the turn of the year

27 minutes ago, tGWB said:

RELEGATION

Whilst the poor number of points we got in November was expected (Won 1 Lost 3), December does look much better for us 

Away v Barrow (Pos 20th)

If we can't get 5 or 6 points from these games, we will be adrift at the bottom at the turn of the year

After the Vegans, the other games are winnable with a game at Hartlepool on NYD to follow.

We need to beat the teams around us. Crawley and Scunthorpe are must wins. I know mathematically it doesn't matter who we pick up points against but they are both winnable. 

FGR seem to have a voodoo hold over us as i'v never seen us play well against them, in fact we have made them look like Barcelona before now.

Barrow batterd us at BP. Not a great footballing side but big and ugly and could have 4-5 and we barely troubled them. They seem to have slipped since then so lets hope we can take points of them. 

Need a run of form from somewhere.....

58 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Surprised there is still a sense of hope for some, or a discussion around who we need to beat etc. 

It’s nailed on. 

Aston Villa, Liverpool and Southampton in one week

no one gave us a prayer, Crystal Palace even had a lap of honour at staying up 

difference was then we actually had some footballers and didn’t rely on a non league chancer who scores the odd worldly and celebrates like he's Ronaldo 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Surprised there is still a sense of hope for some, or a discussion around who we need to beat etc. 

It’s nailed on. 

Football is all about aspirations dreams and hopes 

5 hours ago, tGWB said:

RELEGATION

Away v Barrow (Pos 20th)

we will be in big trouble if we don’t but there is 26 games to go and everyone is beatable in this league home and away. They need 9-10 wins and a few draws and they can come at any time. Still quite a bit of time to get it right from jan onwards 

Archived