Relegation.

I think there are six teams in the ring for relegation, although Dale's recent form might make it 7 and I'd like  Salford to make it 8.

We have lost ground over 5 games against  4 of these, gained on 1

Selim has brought a bit more spririt and attacking intent but 1pt from a possible 6 means we have still lost ground on 4 of these and gained on 1

Lets see what this looks like after the next 3 games.

Relative change after 5 games/ 2 games

Salford   -4/-2

Dale       +1/+1

Barrow     0/-2

Colchester -1/0

Carlisle    -2/-2

Stevenage  -1/0

Scunthorpe  0/-1

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/9/2021 at 2:42 PM, bluehobbit said:

No I can't see us signing anyone either.

I think DKD will get a few more before season finishes but he needs a partner to play off. Facing goal there is a chance of him getting a goal but with his back to it. His touch and control and lack of physicality let him down. 

looks like he will get more than a few after Saturdays performance. How curle couldnt work this out when we can all see it is so odd 

I watched the game yesterday and the players looked like they have been let off the leash. They seem to enjoy playing for Salim and can hopefully move p the table. Staying in the EFL is a must for this club. I can only hope that if we did go into admin. Blitz would step in and include the JR stand and car park, at least, in the sale to a new owner. 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Think I’d rather fold than have Blitz ride in on his white charger acting like the lord Saviour for a second time 

Like it or not, we desperately need Blitz on side. He's the one person able and capable of sorting this mess out when it does go into insolvency. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Like it or not, we desperately need Blitz on side. He's the one person able and capable of sorting this mess out when it does go into insolvency. 

Isn't he the one with most to lose if we become insolvent. 

He may also weirdly be the one with most to gain too. 

Home form is critical.

We have 8 pts from 11 games this season...the worst in the division. 

We will always pick ups few points and the odd win away from BP but we probably need to win at least 5 of our remaining 12 home games with a few draws thrown in to give ourselves a chance.

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Home form is critical.

We have 8 pts from 11 games this season...the worst in the division. 

We will always pick ups few points and the odd win away from BP but we probably need to win at least 5 of our remaining 12 home games with a few draws thrown in to give ourselves a chance.

And we will probably need 44/46 points to stay up so 18 points ish from our home games is a must

17 hours ago, al_bro said:

I watched the game yesterday and the players looked like they have been let off the leash. They seem to enjoy playing for Salim and can hopefully move p the table. Staying in the EFL is a must for this club. I can only hope that if we did go into admin. Blitz would step in and include the JR stand and car park, at least, in the sale to a new owner. 

Of course Blitz would include it, anybody who thinks he wouldn't is basically an idiot and should just give up trying to think so they can focus on  breathing. The guy has been actively selling the land for about a decade now.

The issue is that he will be asking for around the same price that he paid, even though any buyer would only get about half the area that blitz purchased.

Proper succesful land grabbing, occupying, big bully, misinformation, smiley nicey, good guy, shadowy cunt he is.

I know it's going to be a massive task staying up considering we're still under an embargo and we'll struggle to add any real quality to the squad in Jan.. if we going to do it we need 5/7points from the next 3 league games.. 

Having said all that am currently debated getting Half Season Tickets for me and the kids 🙈🤣

Looks nailed on if we have to curtail the season.

I think relegation is nailed on anyway especially with Captain Flat Cap attempting to steer this sinking ship throughout the January window and beyond.

Shit will hit the fan at a faster velocity than we have ever seen before when we arrive at the doorstep of the Vanarama National League.

First aim has to be to stay up, we will be left with a skeleton squad once again, but I presume we will not be under any embargo.

However, the top half of the Conference would probably wipe the floor with the bottom half of League 2 and we would have one of the lowest budgets in the league - something we are used to.

Once we go we will never return. 

Archived