Relegation.

2 hours ago, Careca9 said:

we will be in big trouble if we don’t but there is 26 games to go and everyone is beatable in this league home and away. They need 9-10 wins and a few draws and they can come at any time. Still quite a bit of time to get it right from jan onwards 

By the end of December we will have played every team 

What makes you think the next results against them will be any different ?

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Wardie said:

New coach, new tactics, new formation?

Whilst I genuinely want the team to pull themselves away from the trapdoor into Non League football, unless we miraculously lift the transfer embargo and are able to find a forward who knows where the net is, our results will continue as they are

We simply cannot continue to rely on two other teams in the league being worse than us 

16 hours ago, Careca9 said:

we will be in big trouble if we don’t but there is 26 games to go and everyone is beatable in this league home and away. They need 9-10 wins and a few draws and they can come at any time. Still quite a bit of time to get it right from jan onwards 

We have only won 4 league games so far this season 

Who is going to scorer the goals to get these 9-10 Wins then ?

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

IMO It’s really quite simple…paying  the EFL loan off and bringing in a striker, I think, would see us safe….continue as we are with this shot shy lot and we will be odds on for relegation!

You still have to find a striker who wants to play for us and as strikers are always in demand I don't doubt that any suitable individuals will have other options

39 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

IMO It’s really quite simple…paying  the EFL loan off and bringing in a striker, I think, would see us safe….continue as we are with this shot shy lot and we will be odds on for relegation!

Bookies don't see it improving - currently 8/11 to be relegated

15 hours ago, tGWB said:

By the end of December we will have played every team 

What makes you think the next results against them will be any different ?

they won’t be coached by curle who couldnt get anywhere near the best out of them. Team is all new, everyone generally improves in second half of year so no reason to suggest we won’t. Listen I still think we will prob go but there’s still plenty of hope. Shez saved a team who were out of their depth as much as this one are but in a div higher and further behind points wise. 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

they won’t be coached by curle who couldnt get anywhere near the best out of them. Team is all new, everyone generally improves in second half of year so no reason to suggest we won’t. Listen I still think we will prob go but there’s still plenty of hope. Shez saved a team who were out of their depth as much as this one are but in a div higher and further behind points wise. 

Shez signed several players in January which got us over the line players like Anthony Gerrard and Amardi Holloway. If we don't do the same this January which currently looks unlikely we are down.

Players are more important than tactics 

We need a goal scorer and badly - worst thing is we arguably need a front 2. 

Dearnly clearly not fit - I wonder if he will ever be 100% again. Hope hasn't worked out for him and doesn't look like changing. 

We have managed a couple of clean sheets but goals change games and we don't score enough... Our top scorer has 5 goals, after that bam has 4 and Pidge has 3.

FGR have 2 players in double figures and and 5 players with more than 2 goals.  Even mid table Hartlepool have about 7 players with more than 1 goal scored. We just don't carry any threat. 

1 minute ago, bluehobbit said:

We need a goal scorer and badly - worst thing is we arguably need a front 2. 

Dearnly clearly not fit - I wonder if he will ever be 100% again. Hope hasn't worked out for him and doesn't look like changing. 

We have managed a couple of clean sheets but goals change games and we don't score enough... Our top scorer has 5 goals, after that bam has 4 and Pidge has 3.

FGR have 2 players in double figures and and 5 players with more than 2 goals.  Even mid table Hartlepool have about 7 players with more than 1 goal scored. We just don't carry any threat. 

can’t see us signing anyone. We are really struggling up top but I’m just hoping a different style gets us creating a bit more. Under curle we barely got a cross in and on tues we finally got full backs overlapping and balls in box. Dkd scored double figs last year, hope got 14 in this league pre Covid so they can do it. It’s a stretch as hope especially has been shite but let’s see what selim can get out of them for 5/6 games. 

2 hours ago, Careca9 said:

can’t see us signing anyone. We are really struggling up top but I’m just hoping a different style gets us creating a bit more. Under curle we barely got a cross in and on tues we finally got full backs overlapping and balls in box. Dkd scored double figs last year, hope got 14 in this league pre Covid so they can do it. It’s a stretch as hope especially has been shite but let’s see what selim can get out of them for 5/6 games. 

No I can't see us signing anyone either.

I think DKD will get a few more before season finishes but he needs a partner to play off. Facing goal there is a chance of him getting a goal but with his back to it. His touch and control and lack of physicality let him down. 

2 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

No I can't see us signing anyone either.

I think DKD will get a few more before season finishes but he needs a partner to play off. Facing goal there is a chance of him getting a goal but with his back to it. His touch and control and lack of physicality let him down. 

DKD… how he missed that header I’ll never know. 😱

Though he was close with the shot that hit the bar… 

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Clean sheets are a far more likely and achievable pathway to survival.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Survivals are generally built on tight wins, we aren't suddenly going to turn to a free scoring unit.

So we need clean sheets. . . and then to score a goal. 

Groundbreaking stuff Eyrsey. 😉

Unfortunately we do neither. 

41 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So we need clean sheets. . . and then to score a goal. 

Groundbreaking stuff Eyrsey. 😉

Unfortunately we do neither. 

Point is one of the things is easier to fix than the other so don't fixate on the more difficult one.

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You still have to find a striker who wants to play for us and as strikers are always in demand I don't doubt that any suitable individuals will have other options

And most likely demand a fee. Mike said on Tuesday that he thought it would be one out and one in. I can only see that being Betache out and a.n. other young loanee in. They are not going to get a seasoned regular goal scorer for £800pw. on a short term contract. 

8 minutes ago, al_bro said:

And most likely demand a fee. Mike said on Tuesday that he thought it would be one out and one in. I can only see that being Betache out and a.n. other young loanee in. They are not going to get a seasoned regular goal scorer for £800pw. on a short term contract. 

Manchester United's Charlie McNeill might be one to check out, decent scoring record this season with the u23s. Local lad too.

Archived