MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (A) 05/02/22 🥄

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Result was all that matters.That said Tope and Pidge were superb and credit Luamba he did enough in 10 minutes to suggest he should start on Tuesday.Big Mike looked a threat and a genuine leader of the line,something we’ve been crying out for.Hopefully he’s not out for long.

10 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Result was all that matters.That said Tope and Pidge were superb and credit Luamba he did enough in 10 minutes to suggest he should start on Tuesday.Big Mike looked a threat and a genuine leader of the line,something we’ve been crying out for.Hopefully he’s not out for long.

I agree. MFT came out to clap and was walking alright so that’s a good sign.

48 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

37 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

I agree. MFT came out to clap and was walking alright so that’s a good sign.

From the commentary he will be in the concussion protocol. If so he won't be playing on Tuesday and may not be cleared for Newport either. 

I didn’t get up to Scunthorpe as I was out in Tenerife last week. We flew back yesterday landing at 16:35 … as I checked the score, the game was goalless and we hadn’t had a shot on target. 
And then it happened…

I promise if i am flying back on a match day again that I will get an earlier flight 😉

Understandably the footage on Twitter from the game focuses on the goal and the fans but the highlights on YouTube show that Scunthorpe had a couple of decent chances so it was even sweeter to come away with the victory.

On to Tuesday…A few more attempts on target please boys  🙏 

but then again let’s just win it any way we can…

Feel l must say special mention to the Police yesterday (😳) seemed to be under orders to contain rather than confront. Seemed primarily a 'local' soft hat, yellow jacket force. Didn't see a riot helmet or baton all day, didnt get pushed, prodded, hit or shouted at once and twice a copper approached me just to chat about Football!!!

No pulling people off walls or carting away technical law breakers in headlocks. One of em was a bit of a no mates gimp who rather lingered a bit too long, but its better than being glared at by a steroid powered Robocop.

Treated us like Human Beings and l found it rather refreshing.

13 hours ago, rudemedic said:

From the commentary he will be in the concussion protocol. If so he won't be playing on Tuesday and may not be cleared for Newport either. 

An England Rugby union player yesterday was taken off for concussion tests re-appeared later in the game. so maybe there's a chance for Fondop?

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

An England Rugby union player yesterday was taken off for concussion tests re-appeared later in the game. so maybe there's a chance for Fondop?

One would certainly hope not if it is to be believed that the authorities care about players these days.

l am undoubtedly suffering from my own rather stupid lack of care about such matters, to the point l have an incident which is spotted by somebody around me about once per month now and l am firmly of the opinion that it never should have been my decision to make in the first place.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

He went down the tunnel for tests and we spent a few mins down to 10. So he mustve failed those tests 

FA Concussion protocol here  https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/pdf/my-football/the-fa-concussion-guidelines-2019.ashx?la=en

Standard minimum time out is 19 days.

6 days is possible in an 'enhanced care setting' subject to satisfactory progress and care.

Others on here will have a better idea than I have if our medical staff can currently provide that enhanced care.

Based on 20 minutes we would all like him back. I hope for his sake he recovers soon but he needs to take as long as he needs.

5 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

FA Concussion protocol here  https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/pdf/my-football/the-fa-concussion-guidelines-2019.ashx?la=en

Standard minimum time out is 19 days.

6 days is possible in an 'enhanced care setting' subject to satisfactory progress and care.

Others on here will have a better idea than I have if our medical staff can currently provide that enhanced care.

Based on 20 minutes we would all like him back. I hope for his sake he recovers soon but he needs to take as long as he needs.

Well thats all bad news

13 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

What gets me is  how did we allow Scunny to beat us at home? They were considerably worse than us last night and they have improved their squad.

The team didn't have Sheridan glaring at them from the touchline and snapping at their heels?

I had to switch off the internet feed because I had been sucked-in by the tension of the match but it appears that Obadeyi had a good game and plenty of influence. Not what we expected on his arrival but a huge plus if he carries on and even improves with game time.

A shame for Fondop, fingers crossed for the lad.

A massive three points. I feel Sheridan can build on this, hopefully to the extent of dragging the team clear. It is a big ask of both him and the team but yesterday showed the character which exists within the squad. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Anyone know what happened with the keeper and stobbs situation on the team sheet ? 

According to Mike n Roy, Rogers was always down to play, there was just a mix up in the communication to the press.

As for Stobbs, Shez said he got injured in the warm up.

Archived