Today's Shitstorm.

26 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Is anyone able to explain why the North Stand is considered unsafe (particularly when the Main Stand is an option? 

The statement talks around the issue without giving clear reasons. Still we are kept in the dark which is laughable when the club claims to be transparent around this. 

Might be to do with who is in control on matchday. I wouldn't have thought the incident against Salford has helped much. Weren't people drinking in view of the pitch when the game re-started which i'm sure is illegal?

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Might be to do with who is in control on matchday. I wouldn't have thought the incident against Salford has helped much. Weren't people drinking in view of the pitch when the game re-started which i'm sure is illegal?

yeah that defo qualifies as 'unsafe' 🙄have another chat w your handler, see if he can come up w sumat coherrant

28 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Don't think drinking Bovril is.

29 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I wasn’t there but can’t remember seeing any drinks in the video on social media, I could be wrong though. But didn’t the club announce that the game had been abandoned anyway only to resume it without letting anyone know? 

48 minutes ago, PeteG said:

So to control the situation some bellend (no surprises who) thought the best course of action would be to block off all the fire escapes.... which is illegal and more pertinently putting lives at risk.

If you are going to come on here as Shitpeas bitch at least come up with some plausible arguments as to why the club are behaving like absolute cunts throughout this.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Nobody was as they blocked all the windows and doors you could only watch on screen in oec .

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Did the club inform the OEC of the time the match was due to restart? 

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

The game had been abandoned, Mike. The game restarted without anyone knowing...

11 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'm led to believe that the club asked the OEC to close the bar as the referee was insisting before restarting but how true that is I don't know. 

:laught30: like the fucking ref could even see into the stand, you're a joker.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:laught30: like the fucking ref could even see into the stand, your a joker.

I know we are all think referees are blind at times but even Stevie Wonder could see people stood at the window with pints in their hands.

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'm led to believe that the club asked the OEC to close the bar as the referee was insisting before restarting but how true that is I don't know. 

I was stood by the firedoor, with a pint when the players came back out. At that point, the game had been abandoned and it had been clearly stated that it wouldn't restart.

The management of the OEC were quite clear with the people in the vicinity that if the game did restart they would not be able to remain there with booze. Nobody argued with that.

The next thing, the stewards arrived to block the view, first by standing in front of the doors then by using the hording.

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

At other clubs where there are areas that have windows onto the pitch they have blinds that come down when the game is on, or some other method of obscuring the view of the pitch during the game. At best the ref would have asked that took place, as opposed to shutting the premises.

My guess would be BO asked the referee to force them to close it and the ref told him where to go.

Shame you aren't able to be 100% on this one like you were on how the club spends unbudgeted for ticket revenue.

50 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Hearsay is a dangerous thing.

5 hours ago, PeteG said:

lm led to believe that this isnt even the half of it.

Just got home from my local basketball teams playoff match here in France. Take my 6 year old to the games and what a difference when as a fan your support is appreciated.Sold out arena as usual and as we entered everybody was given a commerative playoff tshirt.Season pass holders are given a club shirt when they buy their passes and are also given a €25 voucher on their birthday.I started going to Latics at the age my eldest son is now but it’s heartbreaking seeing what’s happening and how so little regard the owners have for its loyal fan base.Tonight reinforced my feelings big time.

9 hours ago, PeteG said:

Are you saying that fans were half-cut?

That sounds like a half-truth at best.

7 hours ago, PeteG said:

You do realise that you, and the person who's leading you to believe these things, don't really sound like you have much knowledge of anything don't you?

I think we all knew that that one stand would be close in the NPL it's not uncommon for former league league clubs to have a stand shut and with the on going fued between AL and Blitz it was only ever going to be the north stand that was going to be shut..

I can't wait for the day when all this off the field mess is sorted and we can just look forward to going watching latics 🙄

Archived