Today's Shitstorm.

20 minutes ago, Armchair said:

I have no idea whether I’m in the minority. I suspect I’m in the minority within the echo chamber of this forum.

Generally speaking, across football as a whole the uptrend in pitch invasions needs addressing somehow. On balance I agree with the club’s action to strongly penalise those who encroached onto the pitch before the final whistle. It’s a deterrent that has some chance of success.

With the historic (and 100% correct) removal of fan fencing / caging, fans have a responsibility to respect the game, the players, the competition, their fellow fans etc. Normalising this behaviour is a road to some very significant incidents.

I understand the passion but sometimes it’s more important to value player / manager / human safety.

I tend to agree with most of what’s said here:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/20/players-and-managers-need-real-protection-from-collective-cancer-following-spate-of-pitch-invasions-16677770/amp/

For what it’s worth I’ve seen enough of our regime / ownership to want it changed. I’m just not a supporter of normalising anti-social behaviour.

You should spend some more time here if you think it's an echo chamber, I've argued with ex's less 

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Another oxygen thief

He’s a vile, vile man. Some of the threats and abuse he’s given out on social media are awful, and that’s before you mention his racist and sexist posts on facebook. These are the people the club is engaging with - it really is no wonder we’re in a complete mess. 

All fair points South East Latic.

I think pitch invasions have historically added to the football experience. It is after all a game of passion. I accept our pitch invasions have a different context. Set against the background of the wider trend though, whether it seems ‘OK’ in certain circumstances it opens the door and opportunity for the more problematic behaviour. For that reason alone I don’t support it and do support the bans.

It’s only a matter of time before someone is hurt seriously hurt or worse.

1 hour ago, Armchair said:

I have no idea whether I’m in the minority. I suspect I’m in the minority within the echo chamber of this forum.

Generally speaking, across football as a whole the uptrend in pitch invasions needs addressing somehow. On balance I agree with the club’s action to strongly penalise those who encroached onto the pitch before the final whistle. It’s a deterrent that has some chance of success.

With the historic (and 100% correct) removal of fan fencing / caging, fans have a responsibility to respect the game, the players, the competition, their fellow fans etc. Normalising this behaviour is a road to some very significant incidents.

I understand the passion but sometimes it’s more important to value player / manager / human safety.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/20/players-and-managers-need-real-protection-from-collective-cancer-following-spate-of-pitch-invasions-16677770/amp/

For what it’s worth I’ve seen enough of our regime / ownership to want it changed. I’m just not a supporter of normalising anti-social behaviour.

You believe that offences should be punished in the same light as more serious instances that happened after them. Fuck me are you in the minority. 

2 hours ago, Armchair said:

Good article in metro and worth a read

Stand out for me is this:

Isolated incidents should result in lifetime stadium bans, while mass pitch invasions should equal an automatic points deduction. That’s severe, but the vast majority of fans wouldn’t dream of entering the field of play if that was the case.

Our Club cannot simply ignore the many incursions onto the pitch especially given the abandonment of the game v Salford City with the eyes of the World looking on 

I would think both the FA and EFL will have instructed the Club of potential repercussions should they not prevent any future incursions which was fairly evident in the massive police presence at the last home game of the season

It's pretty naive of anyone to think that the Club wouldn't take any action 

Personally I am glad the demise of our club was brought to the attention of a wider audience, without any violence

Saying that, the field of play, the players, officials need to be protected and the governing bodies and criminal justice system need to be tougher on any such future encroaching

I genuinely hope any of our supporters that went onto the pitch do not feel the backlash of the recent incidents at Nottingham Forest, Huddersfield and Port Vale

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Isolated incidents should result in lifetime stadium bans, while mass pitch invasions should equal an automatic points deduction. That’s severe, but the vast majority of fans wouldn’t dream of entering the field of play if that was the case.

Our Club cannot simply ignore the many incursions onto the pitch especially given the abandonment of the game v Salford City with the eyes of the World looking on 

I would think both the FA and EFL will have instructed the Club of potential repercussions should they not prevent any future incursions which was fairly evident in the massive police presence at the last home game of the season

Personally I am glad the demise of our club was brought to the attention of a wider audience, without any violence

Saying that, the field of play, the players, officials need to be protected and the governing bodies and criminal justice system need to be tougher on any such future encroaching

I genuinely hope any of our supporters that went onto the pitch do not feel the backlash of the recent incidents at Nottingham Forest, Huddersfield and Port Vale

Your point about future incursions is a good one and a real concern. Let's fantasise for a minute and assume our dreams come true with the Chuckle Brothers selling to a good and responsible owner in the next few weeks, and Inspector Knacker finally hanging up his truncheon. Any encroachment on to the pitch for whatever reason next season - regardless of new ownership - would have dire consequences for us. It would be futile trying to argue that our invasions this season were "different" from those at other grounds. Assuming that fences do not return, it would seem that the only deterrent to pitch invasions will be heavy fines and/or points deductions for clubs, and prosecutions for pitch invaders.

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Your point about future incursions is a good one and a real concern. Let's fantasise for a minute and assume our dreams come true with the Chuckle Brothers selling to a good and responsible owner in the next few weeks, and Inspector Knacker finally hanging up his truncheon. Any encroachment on to the pitch for whatever reason next season - regardless of new ownership - would have dire consequences for us. It would be futile trying to argue that our invasions this season were "different" from those at other grounds. Assuming that fences do not return, it would seem that the only deterrent to pitch invasions will be heavy fines and/or points deductions for clubs, and prosecutions for pitch invaders.

Maybe perhaps stands behind goals closed?

Or in our case with ALMOBO only the Main Stand upper open.

I mustn't be giving them ideas though.🤐

2 hours ago, Armchair said:

All fair points South East Latic.

I think pitch invasions have historically added to the football experience. It is after all a game of passion. I accept our pitch invasions have a different context. Set against the background of the wider trend though, whether it seems ‘OK’ in certain circumstances it opens the door and opportunity for the more problematic behaviour. For that reason alone I don’t support it and do support the bans.

It’s only a matter of time before someone is hurt seriously hurt or worse.

New account Shitpeas?

I’ve had this account ages. Every time I post someone accuses me of being Barry Owen.

Not sure I understand the logic. ‘I don’t like your point of view’….. ‘I don’t like Barry Owen’ therefore ‘You must be Barry Owen’.

Not sure why as I don’t hold the same view points. I also believe the club need to move forward with new blood and that includes those like Barry stepping aside as ultimately we are a club that’s been in decline for over 20 years and that requires change.

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

If the above is true, I presume OASF - as a club shareholder - will be invited?

They should be but you but you just know they won't be invited. I was blocked from the group for ask if KB "was still AL/MO/BOs man in the stand" They just want to create an echo chamber for like minds any criticism or scepticism will not be tolerated.

Problem they will find themselves in is that when AL/MO/BO have gone and they will go eventually they'll be left with everyone knowing they were the arse lickers of the most damaging stewardship we've ever had in the history of Oldham Athletic.

PTB & OASF have the fans interests at heart.. I wouldblike more clarity on FLGs financially contributions to the 1985 fund and future plans before backing them publicly but AL/MO/BO are the enemy.. I'm surer of nothing else

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

The Billy Sharpe incident has changed perception of it all hasn't it. Personally I don't mind if you scored a late winner, stayed up, gone up, beat a big team in the cup etc but what's happened to Billy was bang out of order an the only way to stop that is to stop pitch invasions and the only way to do that is tougher punishments for it like they are doing with cociane now caught in procession  at the footy and its a 5 year ban. I feel hypocritical saying it because I was on the pitch twice at BP and once a scunny this season but players and managers shouldn't be put at risk.

I think with oldham there's been mixed messaging about the pitch invasions from our fans one minute it's being applauded on social media  and the next its being vilified. The only reason they're looking at who was on the pitch at the salford game is to so their isn't anymore on the pitch protests that being said we need to find away of keeping fans off the pitch to prevent anymore Billy Sharpe incidents from happening in the future. 

17 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

The Billy Sharpe incident has changed perception of it all hasn't it. Personally I don't mind if you scored a late winner, stayed up, gone up, beat a big team in the cup etc but what's happened to Billy was bang out of order an the only way to stop that is to stop pitch invasions and the only way to do that is tougher punishments for it like they are doing with cociane now caught in procession  at the footy and its a 5 year ban. I feel hypocritical saying it because I was on the pitch twice at BP and once a scunny this season but players and managers shouldn't be put at risk.

I think with oldham there's been mixed messaging about the pitch invasions from our fans one minute it's being applauded on social media  and the next its being vilified. The only reason they're looking at who was on the pitch at the salford game is to so their isn't anymore on the pitch protests that being said we need to find away of keeping fans off the pitch to prevent anymore Billy Sharpe incidents from happening in the future. 

One way is only to allow only upper tier seating at matches likely to cause concern.

Yes it would reduce capacity, but would stop instinctive pitch invasions.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

One way is only to allow only upper tier seating at matches likely to cause concern.

And what do you do with all the lower tier season ticket holders

Not that you will see this 

23 hours ago, Armchair said:

😂😂😂😂

translation- 'Alrite bell ends lm better than you lot and lve got sumat to say but you won't listen anyway. please listen to me even tho l wont listen to you.

no thanks, weve got The Stench, The Owner and The MOaner who do that already. l doubt you made any good points anyway.

23 hours ago, LaticMark said:

If the above is true, I presume OASF - as a club shareholder - will be invited?

incite, whilst discussin The Stench!!!!

thats brilliant, spelling mistakes like that are hilarious to us library types.

bet the MagicHeadmaster has had a giggle at that one 😂

27 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

incite, whilst discussin The Stench!!!!

thats brilliant, spelling mistakes like that are hilarious to us library types.

bet the MagicHeadmaster has had a giggle at that one 😂

Be interesting if a 1,000 turned up in the boardroom.😆

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Points deduction.. 

Won the league.. no you haven't..

Avoided relegation... no you haven't 

Archived