Today's Shitstorm.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:27 AM, GlossopLatic said:

Blitz wants his money back

Potentially putting us into Admin. While both relegations are entirely the fault of the Lemsagams. Blitz only has himself to blame for being stuck with Abdallah him and Corney had 7 years after Blitz "cut ties" with OAFC to find an appropriate buyer who could have taken the club off him they didn't and found a clown instead.

I am beginning to think that administration is going to be the ONLY way that the club can rise again 😮

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I am beginning to think that administration is going to be the ONLY way that my club can rise again 😮

How many points do the National league deduct in cases of administration?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How many points do the National league deduct in cases of administration?

I think it is 10. 

I know it is an option, but it is an easy option? There can't be that many people out there who would pay good money for a club with half a leg in NLN before they even start. Apart from the fans themselves, of course, and I've always thought the best ownership outcome for you would be as the minor partner allowing someone else to shoulder the burden of the majority of the risk.

Of course, you may have to play the cards you are dealt.

7 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I think it is 10. 

I know it is an option, but it is an easy option? There can't be that many people out there who would pay good money for a club with half a leg in NLN before they even start. Apart from the fans themselves, of course, and I've always thought the best ownership outcome for you would be as the minor partner allowing someone else to shoulder the burden of the majority of the risk.

The problem is Robbie, that whilst we still have these owners that foot is already in the NLN. 

19 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I think it is 10. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:21 PM, SweeperKeeper said:

If a club gets relegated from the EFL to the National League in administration, they start the season with a 10pt deduction.

If they haven't paid back creditors by the end of the season, they're not eligible for promotion or the playoffs.

From the second year of being in the league, if you aren't out of admin in one season then you get relegated automatically wherever you finish.

Of course, these are only problems if we are still trading by that point, which is not a given.

If anything, the consequences of administration are harsher in the National League than in the EFL.  Going into admin is more like having half a leg in the NPL. 

The rules have changed a bit in the last few years, but Boston United were demoted from League Two straight into the NLN for being in administration, and were then demoted to the NPL the following season for not having paid off creditors.

20 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The problem is Robbie, that whilst we still have these owners that foot is already in the NLN. 

It's a good point mate. You don't have good options as things stand. Just some that are worse than others. And your life will be a lot easier if people focus on the real problem. Which is not PTB or OASF.

56 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

It's a good point mate. You don't have good options as things stand. Just some that are worse than others. And your life will be a lot easier if people focus on the real problem. Which is not PTB or OASF.

Do you think 99.9% of our fans have problem with OASF or PTB? I don't but there's no denying that they could of gone about things differently though, now the main problem I have in all this are the amount of different groups who are supposed to be representing me we have;

OASF 

PTB

FLG

Realist' (Owen + sychophants)

And probably others...

To a degree each one of these has their own agenda and only one group at the minute has the ear of our owner because some how Owen is again calling the shots and having far too much influence, each of the 1st three groups need to come together, you cannot ask fans to get behind them when they can't even come together as one, all this shite about protecting our shareholding is bollocks as it has been for a decade or more, we have a group amongst that who are egotistic who've promised but yet to deliver anything for fear of upsetting their landlord which in my opinion is part of the problem, I agree with general direction OASF and PTB go and believe it or not share much af the same fears but we are playing right in to the hands of the Lemsagams who are now going out of their way to destroy us from within with that man Owen more than happy to have his five minutes of fame.

What worries me more than anything is that I fear the Lemsagams are just going to leave shitpeas to it, now I know he was part of a group that went our to Germany to speak with Abdallah and since then he's pretty much had carte blanche to do as he pleases, why is this? Could it be possible that he's offered to run the club in Abdallahs absence? He may have a backer who has agreed to help out in the short term? I cannot see Abdallah financing us going forward so who is picking up the shortfall? There are a million and one questions that really need answering but Owen being back in the fold is a massive red flag for me and if we thought Corney being left holding the baby was shit it is about to become desperate with this bell end at the helm.

As a group of fans we need dialogue with the owner, many of the fan led groups have burnt their bridges to a degree, Matt Dean bragging about how he give it to Abdallah on their zoom call is an example of this, he hasn't spoke to them since and all it appears to have done is allowed the vulture to swoop in and wrestle some control.

I'm beginning to think these issues are terminal and each day it becomes less and less about the fans and more about the egos of those trying to feather their own nests and I mean everyone in that from Blitz down, we need a different approach and I personally feel the only way out of this is for someone respected like a Royle to come in and mediate for us, Abdallah will not speak to any of these groups so how can we possibly move forward?

Finally I really hope Shez does the honourable thing and walks, I know his intentions are good but he doesn't need this and he will always be a legend in my eyes the reason I say this is because he is giving them a lifeline, not through ST sales because the boycott is in full swing but by giving them some sort of credibility having him at the helm, I know he wears his heart on his sleeve but now would be the perfect time to leave these fuckers to it.

58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think 99.9% of our fans have problem with OASF or PTB? I don't but there's no denying that they could of gone about things differently though, now the main problem I have in all this are the amount of different groups who are supposed to be representing me we have;

OASF 

PTB

FLG

And probably others...

To a degree each one of these has their own agenda and only one group at the minute has the ear of our owner because some how Owen is again calling the shots and having far too much influence, each of the 1st three groups need to come together, you cannot ask fans to get behind them when they can't even come together as one, all this shite about protecting our shareholding is bollocks as it has been for a decade or more, we have a group amongst that who are egotistic who've promised but yet to deliver anything for fear of upsetting their landlord which in my opinion is part of the problem, I agree with general direction OASF and PTB go and believe it or not share much af the same fears but we are playing right in to the hands of the Lemsagams who are now going out of their way to destroy us from within with that man Owen more than happy to have his five minutes of fame.

What worries me more than anything is that I fear the Lemsagams are just going to leave shitpeas to it, now I know he was part of a group that went our to Germany to speak with Abdallah and since then he's pretty much had carte blanche to do as he pleases, why is this? Could it be possible that he's offered to run the club in Abdallahs absence? He may have a backer who has agreed to help out in the short term? I cannot see Abdallah financing us going forward so who is picking up the shortfall? There are a million and one questions that really need answering but Owen being back in the fold is a massive red flag for me and if we thought Corney being left holding the baby was shit it is about to become desperate with this bell end at the helm.

As a group of fans we need dialogue with the owner, many of the fan led groups have burnt their bridges to a degree, Matt Dean bragging about how he give it to Abdallah on their zoom call is an example of this, he hasn't spoke to them since and all it appears to have done is allowed the vulture to swoop in and wrestle some control.

I'm beginning to think these issues are terminal and each day it becomes less and less about the fans and more about the egos of those trying to feather their own nests and I mean everyone in that from Blitz down, we need a different approach and I personally feel the only way out of this is for someone respected like a Royle to come in and mediate for us, Abdallah will not speak to any of these groups so how can we possibly move forward?

Finally I really hope Shez does the honourable thing and walks, I know his intentions are good but he doesn't need this and he will always be a legend in my eyes the reason I say this is because he is giving them a lifeline, not through ST sales because the boycott is in full swing but by giving them some sort of credibility having him at the helm, I know he wears his heart on his sleeve but now would be the perfect time to leave these fuckers to it.

I am not really in a position to answer a lot of those questions, but I would say the following :

1. I agree that there are still a number of factions and your list is as good as any. Is 99.99% where you realistically are? 

2. You summarised very well why the group that currently has the owner's ear are a large part of the problem, so doing a Monday Morning Quarterback routine on individual decisions that PTB and OASF may or may not have taken months ago seems pointless to me. You know that they are the progressive group that wants change and a different long term future - the rest is up to all of you.

3. I actually think that the protest groups have been pretty effective and are definitely winning the moral argument hands down. I've been closely following your story since my Trust met with your fans groups last spring, and they have made a great deal happen since. 

4. Losing your League status should make organising protest easier, but it does bring some new challenges with it  dealing with a new League, a changed and much worse financial situation, loss of visibility with national media and continued poor leadership in a League that will find you out - these are all big areas of risk that need careful attention, good strategic skills and sound planning. It's a lot to ask of unpaid volunteers, which is why any support you can individually give really matters. 

53 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

OASF 

PTB

FLG

And probably others...

FLG had there chance and they chose to stay silent. They are in it for themselves now. Once they got a taste of the money .

7 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

I am not really in a position to answer a lot of those questions, but I would say the following :

1. I agree that there are still a number of factions and your list is as good as any. Is 99.99% where you realistically are? 

2. You summarised very well why the group that currently has the owner's ear are a large part of the problem, so doing a Monday Morning Quarterback routine on individual decisions that PTB and OASF may or may not have taken months ago seems pointless to me. You know that they are the progressive group that wants change and a different long term future - the rest is up to all of you.

3. I actually think that the protest groups have been pretty effective and are definitely winning the moral argument hands down. I've been closely following your story since my Trust met with your fans groups last spring, and they have made a great deal happen since. 

4. Losing your League status should make organising protest easier, but it does bring some new challenges with it  dealing with a new League, a changed and much worse financial situation, loss of visibility with national media and continued poor leadership in a League that will find you out - these are all big areas of risk that need careful attention, good strategic skills and sound planning. It's a lot to ask of unpaid volunteers, which is why any support you can individually give really matters. 

Lots of good points there @basilrobbie, but on the loss of media attention point: assuming BT still televises the NL next season (I don't know?) then we will quite possibly get a fair amount of live coverage as the ex-PL club down in non league. Sadly, ALMOBO will presumably pocket the proceeds will little or nothing going towards the playing budget. What are the chances of a plea to BT to boycott Boundary Park or, failing that, can we request air time for opponents of the regime - eg invite a PTB/OASF rep on to the live match coverage?

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

... now the main problem I have in all this are the amount of different groups who are supposed to be representing me...

Spot on. We are too small a fanbase to be so fragmented in our opposition. I wrote it ages ago on here - and I write it again. The "Trust", FLG and PTB (who have been the most effective in my book) should amalgamate immediately under one banner, with one over-arching aim and one effective leader.

It's been needed for a long time.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Spot on. We are too small a fanbase to be so fragmented in our opposition. I wrote it ages ago on here - and I write it again. The "Trust", FLG and PTB (who have been the most effective in my book) should amalgamate immediately under one banner, with one over-arching aim and one effective leader.

It's been needed for a long time.

How have the FLG been effective??

I much prefer BT’s Premier League coverage and Saturday Goal programming to Sky’s. For me it’s less sensationalist and more down-to-earth.

From the odd National League game I’ve watched the coverage is decent enough, the quality of football is just poor.

17 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Does anyone actually have BT Sport?!

Quite a few I imagine. Apart from PL, CL, EL and NL matches they also have rugby and tennis. I usually only watch CL for English teams but their coverage is pretty good.

Archived