Today's Shitstorm.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I missed this? Anything of interest? 

Nah just the last home game they stopped selling tickets for the "legal case" North Stand a few days before the game. Baz's Bete Noire when he was fire steward with responsibility for it or summat.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PeteG said:

Don't think I said that did I? Think the club put out a statement a couple of weeks ago saying they were working on identifying individuals and that bans would follow. They must have concluded that process.

Must be the first time in all the time I've been posting on here that your club did what it promised, when it promised. Strange, that. 

2 hours ago, underdog said:

If anyone gets one.  Please seek independant advice from the FSA (Football Supporters Association) and another organisation I was told of today,  called Faircop

Added: here is a Link

Yes. Amanda Jacks is the FSA expert and she is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.  If the Foundation or PTB want an introduction let me know and I provide one in my official capacity.

6 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Must be the first time in all the time I've been posting on here that your club did what it promised, when it promised. Strange, that. 

Pete or Mike or Barry you are replying to there Robbie were against the club when they sacked a couple of their buddy’s now well and truly back on board now that individual has gone. Funny that…

2 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Yes. Amanda Jacks is the FSA expert and she is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.  If the Foundation or PTB want an introduction let me know and I provide one in my official capacity.

We have had contact with her for a number of fans previously Robbie. She does a good job.

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Pete/ Mike/ Barry you are replying to there Robbie were against the club when they sacked a couple of their buddy’s now well and truly back on board now that individual has gone. Funny that…

Singling out and victimising fans is a tactic right out of the Oyston playbook. It was enough to push a lot of waverers completely into the protest camp for us. 

I originally thought that the main issue here was that the owners were out of their depth and the people advising them just inept. But this looks more malicious by the week. 

It's an interesting way of going about preparing to be competitive in your new league. I wonder what the National League would make of it all? 

Despicable behaviour by whoever is responsible. I think we all think it's PeteG's handler. Anyone receiving a ban should kick up maximum stink for the absolute arseholes in charge at our club. There will be new owners one day and I'm sure they'll welcome back passionate fans of the club, banned by cunts who don't give a fuck about it. 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Pete or Mike or Barry you are replying to there Robbie were against the club when they sacked a couple of their buddy’s now well and truly back on board now that individual has gone. Funny that…

Aye, maybe Evans wasn't so bad after all.

Considering what has come to light with a certain fire wardens twitter antics over the last few months it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't him posing as the CEO on there either 

As I’ve said before somewhere else, the least we could expect after 2 relegations in 4 years is some empathy and humility.

Instead you can feel the contempt and relish with which that statement was written. It’s literally warfare on our most passionate supporters.

Any ‘fan’ on here apologising for the club after that statement is just... well, words fail me.

From a post on the Oldham Athletic Fan Page on Facebook:

Breaking News

Latics have finally announced their retained/released list. ⚽ ⚽ ⚽

They have decided to release a large portion of their fans. 🤔 🙁 🤔

42 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

From a post on the Oldham Athletic Fan Page on Facebook:

Breaking News

Latics have finally announced their retained/released list. ⚽ ⚽ ⚽

They have decided to release a large portion of their fans. 🤔 🙁 🤔

And they still wont understand why thousands of fans are avoiding the club like the plague. A club run by complete fruitcakes. 😪

26 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

And they still wont understand why thousands of fans are avoiding the club like the plague. A club run by complete fruitcakes. 😪

I'm not sure they want to understand.  

They hate the fans and don't want them there.

They're proactively destroying the club for, what I assume, is some sort of vendetta against the fans for the (deserved) abuse they've received. 

I don't think they want to sell.  They want to take the club out of business and then walk away, claiming it as some sort of victory because they've beaten the fans.

Vile.

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

They're proactively destroying the club for, what I assume, is some sort of vendetta against the fans for the (deserved) abuse they've received. 

I don't think they want to sell.  They want to take the club out of business and then walk away, claiming it as some sort of victory because they've beaten the fans.

Vile.

As crazy as that sounds, you are probanly not far off the mark 👍

Crazy way to run a football club.

We have to really hope they can be ousted some how because they are showing no evidence whatsoever that they intend to do otherwise. 

Surely there’s a local golf club that offers retired folk reduced membership? It must be a better hobby than badly running a local football club as a way to massage one’s ego.

Give it up Owen. You are literally despised by the majority of people involved with the club.

31 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Give it up Owen. You are literally despised by the majority of people involved with the club.

Perhaps Barry Owen has the mental fortitute and devotion to his warped vision of Latics which isolates him from reality.

It is patently obvious to the supporters, media and casual observers that our bile and fury is permanent, he is beyond redemption.

On a human level, this is distressing, long after the owner has moved on, Barry still lives in a community which will never welcome him back.

For your own sake Barry, stop.

Winding the clock back to 16th May, if I had one hundred guesses, I wouldn't have been near picking the next club statement to be announcing a friendly againt Bolton.

The club has no direction, only a malevolent energy to harm our chances of survival.

While I don't ever advocate pitch invasions, the Salford encroachment was peaceful and is viewed by many as the only effective channel of communication, with an owner who refuses to engage, even with OASF.

Banning tens or hundreds of supporters is not serving any purpose here, just harming the club, which they have no right to do.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Vile.

saddly i dont think they do "hate the fans " they think they can carry on with the ones who do still attend and buy merchandise whilst making it as difficult for those against them to support the team with out them benefiting financially away tickets etc .the treatment that numerous players wheater etc  have been subjected to after falling out with them is a blueprint for the  way they are going to continue treating those against them . 

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Banning tens or hundreds of supporters is not serving any purpose here, just harming the club, which they have no right to do.

Oh they have the right to do it alright. They have the right to do it in the same way I have the right to punch myself in the face which is exactly what the regime are doing right now. 

Let's face it its not like we are going to suddenly get new supporters coming in who are going to replace those who are banned or will boycott. 

If the club goes under he loses £4million of directors loans so I'm not sure he's prepared to lose all that to prove a point. If he does he is the real laser there.

While they may feel that declaring war on the fans here and getting some fans banned will feel like a victory for them the reality is the end game will only end in defeat for them.

They still are not winning any matches they will keep losing money and they certainly aren't winning any popularity contests and the abuse he gets on social media clearly gets to them as demonstrated by him completely losing his shit on that infamous talksport interview. This will only continue after every tone deaf club statement and knowone is stupid enough to pay them £6-8million or however much they are asking for for a football club that on paper is insolvent.

It's difficult to see how this ends well for them the longer it goes on they are just causing themselves more misery. 

On 5/20/2022 at 6:39 PM, basilrobbie said:

Cheers Basil. Yes I know Amanda. She has helped the Foundation out previously. She is very knowledgeable 

first match of the season, Wealdstone at home, attendance 352 Lost 0-2

Stench blunderbussing about how the empty stadium shows what a good job he is doing, bc 'the law is about crime and crime is about punishment.'

people who were not in the room at the time but hear the comments later can not help but wonder what meal he was tucking into as he spoke and how free it was.

18 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

Give it up Owen. 

l reckon that right now will be amongst the safest, smuggest and most combative he has ever felt. l mean, what a comeback. Grandmaster Owen show us how it's done!!!!

he's 'givin nowt up, NOWT' he tells thee.

the guy is an absolute coconut.

I have no idea whether I’m in the minority. I suspect I’m in the minority within the echo chamber of this forum.

Generally speaking, across football as a whole the uptrend in pitch invasions needs addressing somehow. On balance I agree with the club’s action to strongly penalise those who encroached onto the pitch before the final whistle. It’s a deterrent that has some chance of success.

With the historic (and 100% correct) removal of fan fencing / caging, fans have a responsibility to respect the game, the players, the competition, their fellow fans etc. Normalising this behaviour is a road to some very significant incidents.

I understand the passion but sometimes it’s more important to value player / manager / human safety.

I tend to agree with most of what’s said here:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/20/players-and-managers-need-real-protection-from-collective-cancer-following-spate-of-pitch-invasions-16677770/amp/

For what it’s worth I’ve seen enough of our regime / ownership to want it changed. I’m just not a supporter of normalising anti-social behaviour.

5 minutes ago, Armchair said:

I have no idea whether I’m in the minority. I suspect I’m in the minority within the echo chamber of this forum.

Generally speaking, across football as a whole the uptrend in pitch invasions needs addressing somehow. On balance I agree with the club’s action to strongly penalise those who encroached onto the pitch before the final whistle. It’s a deterrent that has some chance of success.

With the historic (and 100% correct) removal of fan fencing / caging, fans have a responsibility to respect the game, the players, the competition, their fellow fans etc. Normalising this behaviour is a road to some very significant incidents.

I understand the passion but sometimes it’s more important to value player / manager / human safety.

I tend to agree with most of what’s said here:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/20/players-and-managers-need-real-protection-from-collective-cancer-following-spate-of-pitch-invasions-16677770/amp/

For what it’s worth I’ve seen enough of our regime / ownership to want it changed. I’m just not a supporter of normalising anti-social behaviour.

1) The context of our pitch invasion was completely different. If the ownership had decided to engage with fans, it would never have got to that stage. That action seems to have been the only thing to illicit any kind of communication from the club this season

2) The club are within their right to ban who they want. Not sure it’s much of a deterrent though - most of those fans will be on a self-imposed ban from next season 

3) Whilst I agree with your point that pitch invasions in general do need to be discouraged (unfortunately because a few idiots ruin it for the rest), in our instance, there was no threat to the safety of any players and that should be commended given what we’ve seen elsewhere 

4) The club’s media channels have used encroachments against Scunthorpe and Tranmere in a celebratory way (L.I.M.B.S I think was one caption from the official account). Interesting that they’re willing to use fans as marketing when it suits but not when it doesn’t 

Archived