22/23 Keep/Release - Midfielders

22/23 Keep/Release - Midfielders  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Ousseynou Cisse (2022 with option)

2. 2. Nicky Adams (2022)

3. 3. Callum Whelan (2022)

4. 4. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2022)

5. 5. Dylan Bahamboula (2022)

6. 6. Jamie Hopcutt (2022 with option)

7. 7. Chris Missilou (2022)

8. 8. Harry Vaughan (2023, with option for 1 more year)

9. 9. Kane Badby (2022)

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How a third of people on here would release Missilou baffles me, he's been one of only couple of positives this year and probably our best and most consistent player.

I've only seen him once since his return and that was the Northampton home game but I don't think he found a blue shirt in the entire game and it wasn't a particularly strong part of his game in his first stint either. If he's the best and most consistent player then it's no surprise to see us at an all time low.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I've only seen him once since his return and that was the Northampton home game but I don't think he found a blue shirt in the entire game and it wasn't a particularly strong part of his game in his first stint either. If he's the best and most consistent player then it's no surprise to see us at an all time low.

Along with Pidge and maybe K-D he'd be the only other one I'd of retained if we'd of kept our League status other than some of the kids, you are right though a team that is by far the worst in our history by a country mile should see few surviving in to next season.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

How a third of people on here would release Missilou baffles me, he's been one of only couple of positives this year and probably our best and most consistent player.

Because he's one of them that gets praised for running around a lot. But with the ball at his feet it can’t pass. He can’t shoot, he gets into advanced positions and does nothing with it, happened about 4 times against Salford. 
Oh and he left us without a holding midfielder for 3 games whilst he went to play some friendly games for Congo. Hope he never plays for us again. 

55 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Because he's one of them that gets praised for running around a lot. But with the ball at his feet it can’t pass. He can’t shoot, he gets into advanced positions and does nothing with it, happened about 4 times against Salford. 
Oh and he left us without a holding midfielder for 3 games whilst he went to play some friendly games for Congo. Hope he never plays for us again. 

You left out can't take penalties.

Line up from the players voted to save so far:

Rogers

Clarke

Hart

Piergianni

Sutton                                 Cuoto

Adams

Keillor-Dunn

Missilou

Vaughan

Fondop

Luamba

🤔

30 minutes ago, singe said:

Rogers

Clarke

Hart

Piergianni

Adams

Keillor-Dunn

Missilou

Vaughan

Fondop

Luamba

🤔

Had that team played all season I think we'd still be playing league football next season !

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

his impact this year was as big as any as our upturn in form came about when he was back in the team. Works hard get stuck in and does a decent job as defensive mid. Passing not the best but he’s ok on ball and no worse than whelan or hunt. Not like fane  or cisse who literally could t kick it. Def on retained list for me 

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'll have a pint of what you're on, Bob.

I didn't mean we'd be pushing for the play-offs but the lack of someone like Fondop and a defensive midfielder like Missalou have cost us dearly.

ps I'm teetotal........till half nine tonight  😇

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I didn't mean we'd be pushing for the play-offs but the lack of someone like Fondop and a defensive midfielder like Missalou have cost us dearly.

ps I'm teetotal........till half nine tonight  😇

Why so late?

12 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

I think there's 21 people being tough on Kane Badby, he's a local lad trying to break through give the lad a chance 😂

If he hasn't got close to the first-team when his competition is this lot, I don't hold out much hope for the lad... 

4 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

If he hasn't got close to the first-team when his competition is this lot, I don't hold out much hope for the lad... 

Tbf he's still a youth team player so I withdraw my release vote and hope to see him play against Crawley with the rest of the youth team.

1 hour ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I wasn't sure about him but have changed my mind on Missilou after just watching the highlights. He can go.

He wins the ball a lot but also gives it away a lot, he can’t pass the ball, is clueless going forward and spends more time rolling about on the floor feigning injury.

I think he’s an awful player but because we are absolutely shite he looks half decent.

I don’t the think the standard in the National League will be much different to league 2 so for that reason….…..Get rid…100%

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He wins the ball a lot but also gives it away a lot, he can’t pass the ball, is clueless going forward and spends more time rolling about on the floor feigning injury.

I think he’s an awful player but because we are absolutely shite he looks half decent.

I don’t the standard in the National League will be much different to league 2 so for that reason….…..Get rid…100%

I think he’s the best midfielder we have. But that says more about our squad than it does about him. 

He might be ok in the conference alongside an experienced one legged playmaker. At the moment he’s trying to do everyone’s jobs by himself and he’s not up to it. He just needs to run round winning the ball and breaking up opposition attacks. He’s not really capable of much more than that. 

On 4/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, singe said:

Rogers

Clarke

Hart

Piergianni

Adams

Keillor-Dunn

Missilou

Vaughan

Fondop

Luamba

🤔

Your assuming the players we would want to keep arnt going elsewhere 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Your assuming the players we would want to keep arnt going elsewhere 🤷‍♂️

That wasn't my point at all!!! It was how we voted to keep a full team, that probably played some games together and got us relegated. I meanw wee should be trying to keep a couple at best even for a division lower....

Archived