Frank Rothwell

On 8/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, mcfluff1985 said:

On a side note. If you haven't listened to this, well worth it. 6 episodes on Notts County takeover when Sven came in. I had no idea how mental 

Edited by astottie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Not your average motorbike!

Wow....Looks like a Truimph custom made. Is he towing a beer barrel too? taking his own supplies, or on a scrumpy mission on a divert on the way back

We have a Truimph tiger in tangerine and having being on the back of that beast on the motorways of Britain, so that is some ride and especially in our wonderful climate too

top effort

31 minutes ago, underdog said:

Wow....Looks like a Truimph custom made. Is he towing a beer barrel too? taking his own supplies, or on a scrumpy mission on a divert on the way back

We have a Truimph tiger in tangerine and having being on the back of that beast on the motorways of Britain, so that is some ride and especially in our wonderful climate too

top effort

Wear your leather, whatever the weather.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, underdog said:

That company is a well known Heywood coach company. No association to F. Rothwell as far as I know and I probably first got on a Rothwells coach 30 years ago if not more.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

"Frank Rothwell has put heart and soul into Oldham Athletic."

Interesting little article by Suzanne Geldard in The Oldham Times:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/23361397.frank-rothwell-put-heart-soul-oldham-athletic/

💙

More an insight into the man himself but also with a small nod to his patience with, and investment in, Unsworth's master plan. I think this brief interview may have arisen because perhaps Suzanne Geldard reads this board and felt a bit more inside-info was a good move to demonstrate Rothwell is aware of the recent fans' unease at the situation with the manager.

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

More an insight into the man himself but also with a small nod to his patience with, and investment in, Unsworth's master plan. I think this brief interview may have arisen because perhaps Suzanne Geldard reads this board and felt a bit more inside-info was a good move to demonstrate Rothwell is aware of the recent fans' unease at the situation with the manager.

I'm not one to chant Frank's name at matches, but I'm grateful to him and his family for saving this club from who knows what. The general fanbase have shown what they think of him, and speaking to supporters of a local cub, they would love to have someone like Frank running their club. 

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Top bloke 👍

Thank god we have Frank and his advisors on board with their goal of getting us out of this quagmire league 

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Suzanne seems to be doing a decent job herself !  👍  

Best Latics reporter since Matt Chambers,

actually, I’d say Suzanne is better as although Matts match reports will never be beaten, all the extra stuff Suzanne does including the Q and A’s are fantastic 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, OAFCLongsuffeting said:

Best Latics reporter since Matt Chambers,

actually, I’d say Suzanne is better as although Matts match reports will never be beaten, all the extra stuff Suzanne does including the Q and A’s are fantastic 

Jim Williams, the greatest match reporter ever.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

I remember after one dismal showing his report had the headline 'what a load of rubbish'

For some years my sister had a laminated copy of it on her wall at university

And once "The wretched Alan Lawson".

On 5/26/2023 at 2:32 PM, BP1960 said:

Jim Williams, the greatest match reporter ever.

Excellent reporter, very well respected and, of course, became editor of The Chron. I do miss The Chron (in paper format) it was about the only thing that held people like our local councillors to account. Sad when a town the size of ours loses its daily evening paper.

• Like 1