Frank Rothwell

l'll go a step further saying it is of course possible he only bought the club to elaborately go missing on his bathtub voyage to avoid paying the rich guy tax, like Krusty did in the well known prophecies of The Simpsons when he made our whole town look at him before flying a plane into a mountain.

Edited by Monty Burns
  • Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 3:42 PM, Ackey said:

As it stands we've as much evidence that Frank can be trusted as they do that their American owners can.  Ultimately you just don't know people's intentions until they become clear. I think we can trust Frank, he seems genuine. I think they can trust Rob/Ryan, they seem genuine too. 

I am certain with enough effort, which I certainly don't have, we could find scores of clubs who've been fucked over by 'local' owners, down the years?

I agree with every word of this. Doesn’t matter where owners come from, what matters is how they run the club and treat people.

On 7/11/2023 at 2:31 PM, Ritchierich said:

I do not want any Yank or other plastic celeb anywhere near our club thank you very much!

What I want is a genuine local family with a bit of money (but not so much that they don’t want to run the club sensibly) and who have the community and fans best interests at heart………oh wait 🤣🤣😎 Happy Birthday Frank!

I'd swap it all for Brad Pitt. The Hollywood Celeb model is working a treat at Wrexham...

18 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd swap it all for Brad Pitt. The Hollywood Celeb model is working a treat at Wrexham...

Hollywood actors on strike at the moment, guess the superstars won't miss a few bob though.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Frank- 'l can not wait to have a trophy cabinet at Oldham. and l wont be putting it in the boardroom, l'll put it where evrybody can see it.'

Brian Clough kept the League Cup trophy on top of his television at home.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Brian Clough kept the League Cup trophy on top of his television at home.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Couldn’t do that now!!😂😂

40 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

obviously bc he's dead

Modern TV's are usually really slimline too. You wouldn't be able to balance it.

5 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Same budget as last year? Rothwell's Out!!

Considering we had twice as many players last season that's pretty commendable.

When Frank said "we decided not to interfere oh the football side of things" what a stark contrast that is to the previous regime !

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

is it just Rooney thats left now? everybody else has been verbally or pbysically backed that l can think of.

one more off the wagebill and three to potentially go on

Yep, and he’s supposed to be off to a new club imminently.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LaticMark said:

"It is one year ago tomorrow since the Latics chairman and his family were unveiled as the club's saviours, following the completion of a long-awaited takeover, which ultimately brought all aspects of club business under single ownership."

The Oldham Times

God I love this man.

Should be made a Freeman of Oldham and purely because he seeks no reward or praise for what he's done.

The Life blood of OAFC and as Big a Legend of any that have gone before.

• Like 7

On 7/27/2023 at 8:02 PM, Littlemoor Lad said:

God I love this man.

Should be made a Freeman of Oldham and purely because he seeks no reward or praise for what he's done.

The Life blood of OAFC and as Big a Legend of any that have gone before.

Frank has already been made a Freeman of Oldham and, unlike Winston Churchill, he turned up to receive the award,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Heard someone mention today that some kind of documentary is being made about Frank. Also noticed a camera crew following him around, which I also spotted at Southend last week. Anyone heard exactly what it is? 

37 minutes ago, daniel said:

Heard someone mention today that some kind of documentary is being made about Frank. Also noticed a camera crew following him around, which I also spotted at Southend last week. Anyone heard exactly what it is? 

Think he is rowing the Atlantic again in December so may be something to do with that.

The man is amazing. 

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Think he is rowing the Atlantic again in December so may be something to do with that.

The man is amazing. 

Yes,I've heard that as well.What a man.Loved his speech today and always willing to have photos taken with our fans.His money and backing will always be remembered ,appreciated and the funds he has given in contributing to the  signing  if all these top players.So glad we are playing the 442 .

11 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Yes,I've heard that as well.What a man.Loved his speech today and always willing to have photos taken with our fans.His money and backing will always be remembered ,appreciated and the funds he has given in contributing to the  signing  if all these top players.So glad we are playing the 442 .

Good speech I agree - I just wish that someone would point out to Frank that if you have a microphone in hand, you don’t need to shout!

• Like 1

could hear some of it thru the PA and l wasnt even in the ground. either he has had a tinker with that aswell or the clouds help!

the aldershot commentary guy slowed his talk at one point then said 'sorry, l was just trying to pick out what that announcement was'

it was Boyz In Blue by Ball and Latics being played at the time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...