Frank Rothwell

11 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Spoke to George a couple of times in Marsden. Think he's got dementia Unfortunately.

Always asks for a tab. Apparently his wife died a few years back. Well known for just wondering around those parts.

He did tell me the same story each time... He used to tell the opposing winger that "the hospital's over there". When they'd ask why... He'd say "cos that's where you're ending up".

Neil Pointon could also let a winger know he was there.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:46 AM, Monty Burns said:

...you have regailed us on here with a load of bullshit tale you pretended somebody told you in a pub!!!

13 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not sure what this is trying to prove?

You "upped" the above comment by the attention seeker. The tale wasn't bullshit; it was the truth (as always is from me) - I was merely trying to illustrate that Sievwright did indeed live in Marsden and it wasn't something I`d made up. You and Monty have become a little pathetic tbh. Verging on '''keyboard bullies". Bullies have never intimidated me but I won't rise to the bait again - it really is sad when people are merely debating and adding to subjects on here. 

OK let's draw a line please - stop the he said, she said nonsense and bickering/proving who said what to who. You're all as bad as each other.

Talk about the topic (no, I've no clue what it was either) or move on to something else.

Please/Thankyou.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

You "upped" the above comment by the attention seeker. The tale wasn't bullshit; it was the truth (as always is from me) - I was merely trying to illustrate that Sievwright did indeed live in Marsden and it wasn't something I`d made up. You and Monty have become a little pathetic tbh. Verging on '''keyboard bullies". Bullies have never intimidated me but I won't rise to the bait again - it really is sad when people are merely debating and adding to subjects on here. 

l was joking!! l get stuff like that all the time and l always upvote it. l'll just assume you were a bit tired, move on and probably do at again at some point 🙄.

15 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Spoke to George a couple of times in Marsden. Think he's got dementia Unfortunately.

Always asks for a tab. Apparently his wife died a few years back. Well known for just wondering around those parts.

He did tell me the same story each time... He used to tell the opposing winger that "the hospital's over there". When they'd ask why... He'd say "cos that's where you're ending up".

😂😂😂

heavy wet leather Football induced dementia no doubt.

and to confirm lm laughing first at the hospital bantz and then making a serious comment about dementia. lm not laughing at dementia (lm avoiding the tests so the Doc cant diagnose me with early onset).

just incase anybody random bod has got a hangover and feels a bit touchy 🙄

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

All these stupid knighthoods, surely Frank deserves one far more?

Not as much as another son of Oldham.

Frank is probably only at OBE level currently, maybe CBE if the right people put in a good word for him.

On 6/17/2023 at 4:08 PM, BP1960 said:

All these stupid knighthoods, surely Frank deserves one far more?

On 6/18/2023 at 1:48 AM, rudemedic said:

Not as much as another son of Oldham.

Frank is probably only at OBE level currently, maybe CBE if the right people put in a good word for him.

If I was Frank I wouldn’t want to

antiquated load of guff especially as you can get one just for being a sycophantic, Victorian reject, Johnson arse licker aka Reese Mogg 

5 minutes ago, OAFCLongsuffeting said:

If I was Frank I wouldn’t want to

antiquated load of guff especially as you can get one just for being a sycophantic, Victorian reject, Johnson arse licker aka Reese Mogg 

I'd like to be a fly on the wall if Frank met Moggy in the Lords !!!   🧐😂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 8:36 AM, Lags said:

Brian Cox was looking for Brad Pitt at Silverstone to get him interested in the pair buying OAFC. I should add it was tongue in cheek. Frank is safe for now. 

Don’t forget, when Frank came in there was talk of bringing in a consortium one day! 😂

I do not want any Yank or other plastic celeb anywhere near our club thank you very much!

What I want is a genuine local family with a bit of money (but not so much that they don’t want to run the club sensibly) and who have the community and fans best interests at heart………oh wait 🤣🤣😎 Happy Birthday Frank!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I do not want any Yank or other plastic celeb anywhere near our club thank you very much!

What I want is a genuine local family with a bit of money (but not so much that they don’t want to run the club sensibly) and who have the community and fans best interests at heart………oh wait 🤣🤣😎 Happy Birthday Frank!

I am sure Wrexham fans would disagree with your opinion. Owners seem to be doing plenty in the community.

I am sure Southend fans would welcome any investment. Plus plenty of other clubs-Fleetwood perhaps?

I bet 18 months ago you would have welcomed any prospect of investment in our club from anybody.

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

bet 18 months ago you would have welcomed any prospect of investment in our club from anybody.

Of course he would, we all would as the club were in a desperate situation, however, I’m with Ritchierich.

Having an owner with a strong local connection has got to be better long term!!

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

I am sure Wrexham fans would disagree with your opinion. Owners seem to be doing plenty in the community.

I am sure Southend fans would welcome any investment. Plus plenty of other clubs-Fleetwood perhaps?

I bet 18 months ago you would have welcomed any prospect of investment in our club from anybody.

sure, maybe so and obviously can’t disagree with those examples but my point is still valid and is more a “careful what you wish for”…the current Southend owner “saved” them years ago but much like the 3 Amigos it has turned to dust and he could now be about to kill them.

…and we will see with Wrexham. They do seem genuine but the “investment” is coming from TV money and social media generated hype which, let’s face it, doesn’t usually last once the new shiny thing comes along…I don’t know how interested the Yanks will be after several seasons in L2 and L1

10 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

sure, maybe so and obviously can’t disagree with those examples but my point is still valid and is more a “careful what you wish for”…the current Southend owner “saved” them years ago but much like the 3 Amigos it has turned to dust and he could now be about to kill them.

…and we will see with Wrexham. They do seem genuine but the “investment” is coming from TV money and social media generated hype which, let’s face it, doesn’t usually last once the new shiny thing comes along…I don’t know how interested the Yanks will be after several seasons in L2 and L1

As it stands we've as much evidence that Frank can be trusted as they do that their American owners can.  Ultimately you just don't know people's intentions until they become clear. I think we can trust Frank, he seems genuine. I think they can trust Rob/Ryan, they seem genuine too. 

I am certain with enough effort, which I certainly don't have, we could find scores of clubs who've been fucked over by 'local' owners, down the years?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

As it stands we've as much evidence that Frank can be trusted as they do that their American owners can.  Ultimately you just don't know people's intentions until they become clear. I think we can trust Frank, he seems genuine. I think they can trust Rob/Ryan, they seem genuine too. 

I am certain with enough effort, which I certainly don't have, we could find scores of clubs who've been fucked over by 'local' owners, down the years?

Chris Moore was relatively local. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

Well you may be right…perhaps Frank is only using us to gain publicity for when he attempts to navigate around the globe in a jet powered bath tub or something 🤣

• Like 2