Frank Rothwell

6 hours ago, disjointed said:

I've been sat here moaning about the weather, he really is a legend. 

He sure is and deserves  all the money he raises  and  I  have donated a few quid for his worthy cause What a man to own our club compared with the others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Thank God for Frank.

Rochdale appear to be struggling with their finances.

Selling shares at £2.35p

Cheaper than a pint.Good investment??Bucket collection next I suspect?

That's beyond stupid. The price of one individual share is completely meaningless 

On 12/22/2023 at 12:25 AM, Flemboy said:

He sure is and deserves  all the money he raises  and  I  have donated a few quid for his worthy cause What a man to own our club compared with the others.

Me too, I’ve had personal experience of this awful disease and much sooner than it should have been.

We couldn’t have hoped for a more solid reliable and genuinely good person to lead us. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Merry Christmas to each and every Latics fan around the world but especially to you Frank, somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. You are an inspiration.

100%, how selfless of the man at this time in the year to give up precious time with his family, family we know he loves so much for such a worthy cause. You're quite right it is inspirational 👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

They do in some areas of the ground.

I'm glad they do but ive not seen any.I fractured  my ankle in a motor cycle accident in late November  so the first  match was Gateshead but i cant recall seeing anything about his progress .Whereabouts are they?.

Edited by Flemboy

12 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I keep checking  on Frank's progress and amazed  he is doing so well.They should show his progress before each game.

Must be some bad weather in the Atlantic as some of the boats have been turning back on themselves - looks weird on the race map.

29 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Must be some bad weather in the Atlantic as some of the boats have been turning back on themselves - looks weird on the race map.

Yeah I saw that, and in the last 24 hours a few of them had done minus miles. Presumably Frank missed it, as it was the group a bit further ahead and Frank had done 25 miles in 24 hours. 

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

I think it might just be when they are sleeping or resting…the boat will just drift around for a bit and then they use their compass to get back on track when they start rowing again. (Either that or they’re all drinking like it’s an away game)

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Any chance of a knighthood for Frank instead of  undeserving politicians and celebs?

https://www.gov.uk/honour

I’d suggest anyone writing the nomination gets help from a local government official, MP better than local councillor, to support the process. 

Of course there’s a chance Frank has turned an honour down already, it’s not that unusual.

5 hours ago, disjointed said:

If they do, I hope they don't give him a microphone to do a speech. The bloke is a legend though. 

No speeches at a honours ceremony, the recipient usually gets to speak to the royal in attendance for a few minutes, the higher the award the longer the conversation.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rudemedic said:

https://www.gov.uk/honour

I’d suggest anyone writing the nomination gets help from a local government official, MP better than local councillor, to support the process. 

Of course there’s a chance Frank has turned an honour down already, it’s not that unusual.

No speeches at a honours ceremony, the recipient usually gets to speak to the royal in attendance for a few minutes, the higher the award the longer the conversation.

No chance he'd turn down an honour.