Frank Rothwell

All donations are welcome, of course, but let's not get carried away with a donation of about £1600 from people with a combined net worth of circa £175m. It's the equivalent to someone with a net worth of £250,000 (i.e. equity on his house and savings etc) chipping in £2.26.

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

All donations are welcome, of course, but let's not get carried away with a donation of about £1600 from people with a combined net worth of circa £175m. It's the equivalent to someone with a net worth of £250,000 (i.e. equity on his house and savings etc) chipping in £2.26.

It's £1600 more than they had to. It's really petty to belittle it.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Wow. 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I’m just collecting for Prostate Cancer Uk, I’d be very pleased with that donation!

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I thought the same initially but  I'm sure they're both involved in lots of other charities so fair play to them both for donating.

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

That's a very unreasonable comparison, to start with. But beyond that, and as @mick26 said above, they are both known for quite considerable charitable efforts (if that's genuine altruism or branding who knows?) - including the McElhenney's recently donating $100k to the Eagles Autism Foundation.

It's easy and tempting to cast aspersions. 

5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Being so mean and plainly negative all the time must be quite exhausting, no?

• Like 4

It doesn't matter who hands money out to who or the amount

It's the thought that counts and I think it's a really nice gesture of good will from the Wrexham owner's.

Wonderful cause that Franks pulling out all the stops for and I wish him a safe journey there and back to us.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, wiseowl said:

ok if you say so uncle Ebeneezer 

13 hours ago, Pidge said:

Thanks for the thought. It’s on my wife’s Facebook, so can’t share the link. 

Actually had my surgery this morning.  You can see I’m doing great!

I have lost three very good friends to it and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

So pleased to read that you are doing well!!

I urge everyone to take that test when it turns up in your letterbox instead of dumping it in a drawer. 

Two or three minutes of embarrassment at the doctors could save your life.

Horrible disease.

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

I have lost three very good friends to it and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

So pleased to read that you are doing well!!

I urge everyone to take that test when it turns up in your letterbox instead of dumping it in a drawer. 

Two or three minutes of embarrassment at the doctors could save your life.

Horrible disease.

100% agree with this. I had my prostate whipped out in June after being diagnosed in January. I was lucky - they caught it early and a few months on I’m pretty well back to normal. I didn’t have any symptoms other than a PSA that was creeping upwards, though not particularly high. First few days after the op were a bit challenging but the NHS has been fantastic. So yes, get checked asap after you hit 50 and don’t take no for an answer (some GP surgeries are reluctant to do PSA tests at that age but it’s your right).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

100% agree with this. I had my prostate whipped out in June after being diagnosed in January. I was lucky - they caught it early and a few months on I’m pretty well back to normal. I didn’t have any symptoms other than a PSA that was creeping upwards, though not particularly high. First few days after the op were a bit challenging but the NHS has been fantastic. So yes, get checked asap after you hit 50 and don’t take no for an answer (some GP surgeries are reluctant to do PSA tests at that age but it’s your right).

Just had mine checked fortunately everything is normal, I would advise all blokes to get it checked especially if there is a history of it in the family. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l had a false alarm and ended up having pre cancerous polyps removed. that was bad enuf.

dont even be scared you might enjoy gettin fingered, just get it done

🤣

I certainly didn't enjoy the finger where the sun doesn't shine (which in any case reported normal 😅) but it didn't matter a jot in the scheme of things!

• Like 1