National League Thread

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Latics now 10/1 on Ladbrokes.

May be decent value....or maybe not who knows!

What I do know is I'm REALLY looking forward to next season already which I haven't said for many a year.

Great new signings, a new pitch, an actual plan, and an owner I just fucking love!

Roll on the fixtures release date💪

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Latics now 10/1 on Ladbrokes.

We’ve been 10/1 on Ladbrokes since the market opened.

As they are still 11s on bet365 and were 12s until our new signings yesterday on Sky Bet (now 9/1), a lot of Latics backers have got or will still get better odds.

I can see Bet365 bringing their odds down so anyone wanting to bet may wish to do so quickly.

ALWAYS GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY 

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

May be decent value....or maybe not who knows!

What I do know is I'm REALLY looking forward to next season already which I haven't said for many a year.

Great new signings, a new pitch, an actual plan, and an owner I just fucking love!

Roll on the fixtures release date💪

This for me too.

I’ve no idea if the new additions will make us into a side that can challenge at the top of the league.

I do know that on paper we have one of the stronger squads in the league - it’s now up to the management team to get us playing winning football 😃

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

This for me too.

I’ve no idea if the new additions will make us into a side that can challenge at the top of the league.

I do know that on paper we have one of the stronger squads in the league - it’s now up to the management team to get us playing winning football 😃

Steady on now BD, this is Latics. We're used to let downs. Let's just hope we don't lose the first six games and then take it from there.

Shall we say comfortably out of the bottom four by Christmas ?

7 minutes ago, redlion said:

Steady on now BD, this is Latics. We're used to let downs. Let's just hope we don't lose the first six games and then take it from there.

Shall we say comfortably out of the bottom four by Christmas ?

I see us winning our first 46.

But only if we don't lose or draw any of them.

• Like 2

11's is massive and I've had a bit more on, they've cut us from 6's to 5's for promotion since they opened the book.

William Hill have priced it up about right with us 2nd Favourite at 7's, still couldn't back Dale at single figure odds.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

11's is massive and I've had a bit more on, they've cut us from 6's to 5's for promotion since they opened the book.

William Hill have priced it up about right with us 2nd Favourite at 7's, still couldn't back Dale at single figure odds.

l may have a quid on us champions them relegated double.

it would mean l care slightly more about their results than l ever have in my life but maybe if thats what l need to elevate el Crappico to el Flat Cappico then thats what l'm going to do..

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Just had 10's with BetVictor.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Never too high Monty!!😂😂

lno but l said it would come down soon about 100hrs ago so lm borderline taking it personally. they did lower the promtion and top 3 odds so maybe they got a few people 'playing safe'

fuckinell top 3 'playin safe'?

hmm lm not sure lm comfortable with where this could all swiftly lead 🤣

ps l hope we triggered the Yarney deal so Salford or whoever it is owe us a fee and it comes off his wages. if not he can come and fight on his original prior agreed wage (which he wouldnt). l mean fair play it cant be easy with some of the wage bragging that will go on, but his pants are down and we are all belted up at the bar.

shrewd but fair l'd call it and l fuckin love it. except the puma bit but thats geo pol so l'll deal with that how l feel is fairest.

11 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Chesterfield win the league most likely but I don't think we'll be too far behind.

Has the playoff loser ever gone on to win the league the next season? Don't think it's happened in the last 10 years at least.

49 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Has the playoff loser ever gone on to win the league the next season? Don't think it's happened in the last 10 years at least.

I wouldn't have a clue, but they've just brought in a midfielder who will be better than all the others at this level. I must say, though, that I am really liking the look of the squad we're building.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

wrexham? or did u mean the final?

also how have they bought him have they got backing have they paid a fee

15 hours ago, GKing521 said:

I wouldn't have a clue, but they've just brought in a midfielder who will be better than all the others at this level. I must say, though, that I am really liking the look of the squad we're building.

Well if I am right I think a certain Mr Gardner played in the championship for Wigan. I don’t think he’s been pulling up any roots since he left the EFL to come back to us.