National League Thread

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

One day refs will wear body censors which will automatically trigger a yellow or red card of players within a yard of them and foul language picked up. 

This card results will be flashed on to a big screen.😆

Only joking...it couldn't happen could it?🤔

They will flash them around the ground on those electric thingy boards that you like sooo much.

You can forget the bad language cards though-that is never gonna happen. 

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If premiership refs just enforced the rules correctly most problems would be eradicated. Calling players by their nicknames and ignoring swearing directed at refs was the start of the slide.   🥵 

This. Other sports manage it just fine. If you punish it, it'll stop. Pretty simple really.

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The first steps are underway:

A new bodycam trial, which is the first of its kind in the world, will take place in England after permission was granted by the International Football Association Board [IFAB], who oversee the laws of the game.

The aim of the trial is to explore whether the use of bodycams improves participant behaviour and respect towards referees in the grassroots game.

I'd imagine plenty of sunday league refs have been wearing them for quite a while

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The first steps are underway:

A new bodycam trial, which is the first of its kind in the world, will take place in England after permission was granted by the International Football Association Board [IFAB], who oversee the laws of the game.

The aim of the trial is to explore whether the use of bodycams improves participant behaviour and respect towards referees in the grassroots game.

I'd imagine plenty of sunday league refs have been wearing them for quite a while

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

They will flash them around the ground on those electric thingy boards that you like sooo much.

You can forget the bad language cards though-that is never gonna happen. 

Red and yellow card running dogs?

I'll put up with that.😆 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Not that many . North Riding FA trialed body cams towards the end of last season but most local FA's haven't. 

Interestingly , in the matches where they were used , there was no need for any misbehaviour reports to be filed. 

Sounds like the Tom Brady consortium were in talks to buy Rochdale before they went cold on it and opted for Birmingham.

Getting a bit messy over there by the sounds of it, don't think their fans forum went too well tonight and their board are saying they need a loan that will be secured against the stadium to get by.

31 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Sounds like the Tom Brady consortium were in talks to buy Rochdale before they went cold on it and opted for Birmingham.

Getting a bit messy over there by the sounds of it, don't think their fans forum went too well tonight and their board are saying they need a loan that will be secured against the stadium to get by.

l asked bet365 for a price on a double of us to go up and them to go down when we were both around 11/1 and they declined to give me odds!!!

l'm sure theyre tryna make me go somewhere else, everytime l go on l need to log in again (yes l tick the stay logged in box!) and and the amount of times the odds drop mid bet is pretty suss.

If we could get a RB & a decent CM in then that would be just about perfect.

I reckon there’ll be two or three more out of the door yet which may include a surprise or two!

Just imagine the likes of Jack Byrne coming in to this team!!😆

Edited by oafc1955

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If we could get a RB & a decent CM in then that would be just about perfect.

I reckon there’ll be two or three more out of the door yet which may include a surprise or two!

Just imagine the likes of Jack Byrne coming in to this team!!😆

Yeah, this is where I think the biggest difference between ourselves and Chesterfield are. Central Midfield. I know we have Lundstram, who has impressed, and Ward who can play there but I think they (Chesterfield) have better players than Sheron and Shelton in midfield. 
Chesterfield away in 2 weeks certainly doesn’t define our season, but it’ll be a great pointer as to where are compared to them. I know we won there last season, but being honest that was a robbery, which i’ll absolutely take again. Gutted i’m on holiday for that 1 so will have to miss it. 

21 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Was Ian Stott a visionary with his Manchester North End idea?